: This is a job I could not bring myself to do...

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
10-19-09, 05:11 PM
Torture testing a bullet proof Rolls...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KTTCMT1e0BE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KTTCMT1e0BE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:bomb:

:annoyed:

:crying2:

orconn
10-19-09, 05:46 PM
Notice all the testing was on a "Static" Rolls-Royce. Now if they could just get them to stop "failing to proceed" (Roller lingo for "the car unitentionally quit running"). In Los Angeles in the 1980's ( and before and afterward) it was not uncommon to see Royces parked by the side of the Freeway waiting for a tow truck. In fact on one day, back then, I remember five separate "failed to proceed" Rolls on one afternoon's jaunt around the Freeways of Southern California. But I have to admit it is very reassuring to know that while one is waiting for the wrecker to haul your Roller into the shop, you will be safe from terrorist attack or other violent attempts on your physique!

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
10-19-09, 05:57 PM
The Rolls's of the early 80s were quite different to the ones of late.

In fact the late 70s models are the lowest priced today I think...

orconn
10-19-09, 08:04 PM
Yes, t'is true. Now Rolls is essentially a German company and we all know how reliable German cars are of late. I have always loved Rolls-Royce motor cars as great furniture ..... nobody does wood and leather like Crew!

Ranger
10-19-09, 09:13 PM
That looks like a fun job. Probably the most fun you could have with your clothes on. I might even pay them to let me do it. :brutal:

77CDV
10-19-09, 10:43 PM
Guess they have to do QC somehow.

bierman.d
10-20-09, 06:14 PM
I'd take this job, but preferably for Prius.

Stingroo
10-20-09, 06:36 PM
Just wait 2 and a half years when the Obama administration replaces the presidential limo with a stretched one. :P

Vinsanity
10-20-09, 11:37 PM
well it's better than being inside the car while it all happens

Rolex
10-21-09, 07:06 AM
That was painful to watch.

For Sale: One 2009 RR, low miles, one owner, fresh paint and new windows. ;)

70eldo
10-21-09, 05:41 PM
Yes, t'is true. Now Rolls is essentially a German company and we all know how reliable German cars are of late. I have always loved Rolls-Royce motor cars as great furniture ..... nobody does wood and leather like Crew!

In fact, those 'engineers' speak german in that movie

OffThaHorseCEO
10-24-09, 08:34 PM
That looks like a fun job. Probably the most fun you could have with your clothes on. I might even pay them to let me do it. :brutal:

thats what i was thinking, i would LOVE to do that