: BOO !!! Hallowe'en 2009

Submariner409
10-19-09, 01:51 PM
Just around the corner, kiddies !!! Your annual sugar jag.

Click to enlarge.............

thebigjimsho
10-19-09, 02:42 PM
hehehehehe

orconn
10-19-09, 03:48 PM
When it comes to government spending these days is there any difference between a Democrat and Republican ...... aside from what they say? Great cartoon!

V-Eight
10-19-09, 08:55 PM
Hahah, great

Rolex
10-20-09, 11:32 AM
:haha:

CadillacGurl
10-20-09, 06:45 PM
:rofl: Love it!

Jonas McFeely
10-24-09, 04:39 AM
Just around the corner, kiddies !!! Your annual sugar jag.

Click to enlarge.............

ZOMG!!!!!!1111! Another silver-aged conservative that drives a Cadillac and blames "those ghat damn Democrats" for everything wrong in America!!!??!

Go figure. :bigroll:

Submariner409
10-24-09, 08:27 AM
Go figure ??

Been there, done that. 5th generation Washingtonian. 26 years USN. 12 years Johns Hopkins Univ. 5 years Queen Anne's County Commissioner and Planning & Zoning Committee. Real Property Tax Advisory Board for QA County.

I also drive a Ford truck and a BMW 650 motorcycle. Used to race for Triumph and BSA. Diver. Cadillac, yes. Fast Cadillac. Read my profile and picture album - 2 pages.

Get a little time on the pond, pollywog. Maybe you'll grow up and learn something.

Jonas McFeely
10-24-09, 02:24 PM
Go figure ??

Been there, done that. 5th generation Washingtonian. 26 years USN. 12 years Johns Hopkins Univ. 5 years Queen Anne's County Commissioner and Planning & Zoning Committee. Real Property Tax Advisory Board for QA County.

I also drive a Ford truck and a BMW 650 motorcycle. Used to race for Triumph and BSA. Diver. Cadillac, yes. Fast Cadillac. Read my profile and picture album - 2 pages.

Get a little time on the pond, pollywog. Maybe you'll grow up and learn something.

Your credentials and achievements are nothing short of impressive, and i have the utmost respect for them.

I was just pointing out the fact there is another liberal-bashing conservative on the forums, and i very sarcastically acted surprised.

Nothing against you or your achievements, but youre a dime-a-dozen around here. But thats not a necessarily a bad thing. I guess?

Ehh. Nice STS.

Submariner409
10-24-09, 03:50 PM
:highfive: Sign at the old Rt. 17 Georgia/Florida border (1960's): "Keep Florida green !!!! Bring money !!!!"

............and I'm NOT a liberal-bashing conservative; was a registered Democrat until changing to Independent after the latest election farce.

thebigjimsho
10-24-09, 05:49 PM
:highfive: Sign at the old Rt. 17 Georgia/Florida border (1960's): "Keep Florida green !!!! Bring money !!!!"

............and I'm NOT a liberal-bashing conservative; was a registered Democrat until changing to Independent after the latest election farce.
And you designed that cartoon??

ZOMG!!!!!

orconn
10-24-09, 05:56 PM

You mean that sign isn't there anymore? I always thought Florida's state motto is "Bring money and Die here." Or "If it ain't over ankle deep ....Subdivide!"

Jonas McFeely
10-24-09, 06:05 PM
"If it ain't over ankle deep ....Subdivide!"

Truer words were never spoken!

Also:

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/861870/view/1/producttypecolor/2/type/png/width/280/height/280

Stingroo
10-24-09, 06:14 PM
I really do hate this state. lol

thebigjimsho
10-24-09, 06:25 PM
I'll like it tomorrow...

ga_etc
10-24-09, 06:30 PM

Why do you hate it?

the recluse
10-24-09, 06:37 PM
Agreed, at least I hate Jacksonville. and Miami, and Tampa, and....

All this and the guy still can't figure out you need a brake upgrade with bigger wheels :sneaky:

blue07cts
10-24-09, 06:41 PM

AWW C'MON! Florida is AWESOME, beaches and hell you live in my area. WE HAVE THE JAX LANDING!! haha i love the jax area hell i can have fun anywhere, i just happen to have the most in FL. haha. seriously tho we do have a HUGE amount of old F&^Ts. on the bright side we have a HUGE amount of low mileage used caddy's from them ;)

orconn
10-24-09, 07:27 PM
You definitely got it right with the many low mileage, pristine used Cadillacs available in Florida. Even I took advantage of that Florida state benefit and got my '95 STS with 52,000 miles on it a few years back, price was a lot less than up here in Virginia where thet are a lot rarer. Just goes to show there is something good about every state. I mean even New Jersey has hoagies and diners!

Stingroo
10-25-09, 02:55 PM
Well, I haven't experienced Jacksonville yet. My car isn't up here, so I'm trapped on campus basically.

But... to name a few grievances about FL...

1. Old people who CAN NOT DRIVE. I'm all for having your license as long as you can, but you should NOT be going 45 on I95. Period.
2. Crowded beaches. That one explains itself.
3. Idiotic tourists. I used to live in a beach town. The people who visit are appalling sometimes.

I could go on... but really, I miss New England. :(

gary88
10-25-09, 02:58 PM
When I was in Florida, I don't think I saw anyone who knew how to drive.

Stingroo
10-25-09, 03:11 PM
Basically yeah.

Our "driver's Ed" consists of 10 questions (if I recall correctly), and you needed 70% to pass.
A road test is NOT required.
You can get your permit at fifteen

I haven't actually taken my license test (long story), but I don't expect it to be any better. Fortunately I learned to drive from a better source.

Submariner409
10-25-09, 03:13 PM
Nah, I didn't "design" that political cartoon - it came from an AP newspaper link. Try to decipher the artist and link from the signature in the corner - Looks like "Gary McCoy".

gary88
10-25-09, 03:17 PM
You can get your permit at fifteen here too :noidea:

My road test at the DMV was a joke. Just drove down the street to a small subdivision, drove around the block, demonstrated that I could reverse, then drove back.

Stingroo
10-25-09, 03:47 PM
Yeah, it's sad. lol

And the average Floridian 15 year old is barely smart enough to ride a bike. A car? That scares me.

V-Eight
10-25-09, 03:53 PM
Basically yeah.

Our "driver's Ed" consists of 10 questions (if I recall correctly), and you needed 70% to pass.
A road test is NOT required.
You can get your permit at fifteen

I haven't actually taken my license test (long story), but I don't expect it to be any better. Fortunately I learned to drive from a better source.

We get ours at 15.5.

You can get your permit at fifteen here too :noidea:

My road test at the DMV was a joke. Just drove down the street to a small subdivision, drove around the block, demonstrated that I could reverse, then drove back.

No parallel parking?

gary88
10-25-09, 03:56 PM
No parallel parking?

Did that in driver's ed.

Jonas McFeely
10-25-09, 04:10 PM
I mean even New Jersey has hoagies and diners!

Dont they still have full-service gas stations too? I cant tell you how many times ive been too lazy and willing to pay an extra $5 just have some pimply-faced kid pump my gas for me. If there was one around here, i swear I'd drive 10 miles out of my way just so i didnt have to get out of my car.

Your grievances are with the shithole that is Jacksonville.

Central Florida, especially the suburbs of Orlando are much different. If youre from here, you know where to stay away from to avoid the annoyances that you listed. Stay away from Kissimmee and the attractions and stay away from the actual beaches in Daytona. Downtown Orlando is small enough to not be too annoying and big enough that its still fun. Cocoa, New Smyrna, and Ponce Inlet beaches are not crowded and are, for the most part, quite nice.

Stingroo
10-25-09, 04:30 PM
Nah, my grievances reference South Florida. I've only been in Jacksonville since September, and I haven't had the displeasure to drive here yet.

Jonas McFeely
10-25-09, 04:34 PM
Nah, my grievances reference South Florida. I've only been in Jacksonville since September, and I haven't had the displeasure to drive here yet.

Agreed. Driving around Miami and South Beach is not something i really care to do again.

Stingroo
10-25-09, 04:56 PM
Yeah. South Beach is probably the worst.

Or anywhere along A1A in the summer, that is. *shudders*

V-Eight
10-25-09, 06:26 PM
Did that in driver's ed.

and they didn't test you on it lol?

the recluse
10-25-09, 09:19 PM
Well, I haven't experienced Jacksonville yet. My car isn't up here, so I'm trapped on campus basically.

1. Old people who CAN NOT DRIVE. I'm all for having your license as long as you can, but you should NOT be going 45 on I95. Period.
2. Crowded beaches. That one explains itself.
3. Idiotic tourists. I used to live in a beach town. The people who visit are appalling sometimes.

I could go on... but really, I miss New England. :(

Agreed, my whole family is from New England, but moved down here a long time ago. We move back to NE and then back here again (why, don't ask...)

I have lived in just about every corner of Florida. I lived in south Florida (West Palm, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Royal Palm...) for 10+ years and you couldn't get me to move back if you bought my house and paid the taxes every year...IMO anything south of Jupiter to Tampa all across the state is a ****hole nothing but idiot tourists, everglades, and cane fields.

Moved to Jax which is about the biggest "gitter done" town with "good 'ole boy" network I've ever seen; and the police department SUCKS.

Probably the best part of this state is either Gainesville or Panama City...depends...

Submariner409
10-25-09, 09:24 PM
recluse......

Keep in touch..........We'll be driving the truck (daughter, furniture transfer) to Gainesville for a week around Christmas.......time for a brewski.

Stingroo
10-25-09, 09:25 PM
I agree with your Jupiter south sucks statement. I remember Port Saint Lucie as a kid when it was first developing really... and now when we drive through there, it looks like such an excellent town. It even makes my dad wish we still owned our house there.

I went to high school at Deerfield Beach High, so I know the Fort Lauderdale metro area SUCKS! And God help you if you EVER need to go to that courthouse. The most ridiculous crap happens. (for example, once, I went with a friend who had to pay a ticket, and the courthouse flooded. Really? Odds of that are...?)

I don't know Jax yet. It looks way too big for my liking. And I hear it's like (pardon my french) half ghetto and half redneck. My mom's side of the family lives on the southside, and I have to say, they fit the redneck bill pretty well....

Either way, I DEFINITELY will not stay here after college/grad school/whatever else I do. I want Maine back. :(

the recluse
10-26-09, 12:08 AM
recluse......

Keep in touch..........We'll be driving the truck (daughter, furniture transfer) to Gainesville for a week around Christmas.......time for a brewski.

I'd like that...:thumbsup: