: Kooks headers with OEM muffs

zr1vet
10-18-09, 09:52 AM
Does anyone know of any video or sounds clips of just the Kooks with the original V muffler? I'm wondering how they sound versus the Kooks and Corsas.

TIA,
Mark

aceofblitz
10-18-09, 03:31 PM
I couldn't find a single video of kooks + stock mufflers on youtube. I had the kooks installed 2 days ago with the stock mufflers still intact. I am VERY pleased with the sound.. I don't know what to compare it to really, but the closest thing I tried 1st hand was the CLK 63 Black Series. very racer feel deep tone + the supercharger whine that the CLK doesn't have XD.
here's a reference:
YouTube - CLK63 Black Series acceleration run
imagine this + super charger whine

Note: I will not record a clip of what my car sounds like because I don't have the time or the recording devices necessary. Kooks has all the recording gear and manpower necessary to do so professionally, but all I see on their youtube page is the full exhaust system which includes their mufflers. Kooks if you guys are reading this, make a video of the headers + stock mufflers.

Gary Wells
10-18-09, 04:06 PM
I was planning on doing the Corsa Touring and no other mods, or maybe the Corsa Touring followed by the stock intake box mod & then maybe a tune, but I think that most peeps that have gone the Corsa Touring and then gone on to Kooks headers have generally gone back to the stock muffs shortly. I have not personally heard a sound clip with the Kooks and Corsa Touring but the fact that quite a few peeps have gone back to stock muffs tells me that the Corsa, even the Touring, might be a tad loud with the Kooks headers. FWIW.

nradcad
10-19-09, 12:39 AM
gawd I want that sound in the V. *whine* *wimper* *wimper* - Are you listening GM? That is the sound the V should have had in the first place. Now, I gotta go pay extra for it and void my warranty in the process.
And don't give me the cadillac refined sound nonsense - then go buy a 3.6L V6 CTS.

aceofblitz
10-19-09, 04:07 AM
The bends ovals and cramps in the stock pipes are unbelievable. When I was reading through the forums I got the impression that they were designed to lower the volume etc. Well guess what, I have 2 hi flow cats instead of the stock 4 cats setup, straight round pipes up to the mufflers, and the stock mufflers seem to be doing a VERY good job keeping the sound down. When you hit the accelerator you just wanna give it a little more to have a nice rumble going on, but when cruising you barely notice you have headers on. and as i always say, f*** the warranty lol

09BlackV
10-19-09, 09:20 AM
I couldn't find a single video of kooks + stock mufflers on youtube. I had the kooks installed 2 days ago with the stock mufflers still intact. I am VERY pleased with the sound.. I don't know what to compare it to really, but the closest thing I tried 1st hand was the CLK 63 Black Series. very racer feel deep tone + the supercharger whine that the CLK doesn't have XD.
here's a reference:
YouTube - CLK63 Black Series acceleration run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTLNPArfVGs)
imagine this + super charger whine

Note: I will not record a clip of what my car sounds like because I don't have the time or the recording devices necessary. Kooks has all the recording gear and manpower necessary to do so professionally, but all I see on their youtube page is the full exhaust system which includes their mufflers. Kooks if you guys are reading this, make a video of the headers + stock mufflers.

Is the whine of the supercharger louder than it was before the kooks?

aceofblitz
10-19-09, 03:18 PM
Its about the same, but I realized today that at WOT the headers sound gets covered up by the supercharger whine at the top end RPM. but it is a very good blend of the 2 sounds IMO.
Sound aside I had 11.4psi before and around 10.5psi after the headers.