: converting V8 awd Front end to the V series

DM23NJ
10-17-09, 03:13 PM
i was wondering if anyone knew what i would need to change besides the front bumper and hood in order to change it over...i got into an accident yesterday and figured since i need a hood and fender and bumper i could maybe convert it to the V front end. Any help would be appreciated..thanx in advance

Redxped1
10-17-09, 03:36 PM
bumper hood both grills and fog lights

Florian
10-18-09, 04:12 AM
buy a V and get it over with. Dont pose.

F

silverws6ta
10-18-09, 12:48 PM
buy a V and get it over with. Dont pose.

F

:yeah:

DM23NJ
10-19-09, 08:17 PM
lol...belive me i will my next one..u gotta give me achance..lol.i had a 98..now i got a 06 v8 awd next ill go V...just cant afford it right now...i just would rather have that front end other thatn the one i have and since insurance will pay for all new parts i might as well make the car look a little better but with OEM parts...no?

Florian
10-19-09, 11:43 PM
no.

F

dhemrick
10-20-09, 11:01 AM
no.

F

:yeah:

:nono:

bobs-sts-v
10-20-09, 12:37 PM
I can't believe the insurance company will substitute parts from a completely different car. I also can't believe that the costs are even close. There is a lot more stuff to the front end of the V than just a bumper cover and grill. When mine was replaced due to damage, the original estimate was $2500, which ended up ballooning to $4800 due to the additional costs associated with the V parts. That and the wait time should make you (and the insurance company) think twice - took over 3 weeks to get all the parts for the V front end from GM. Mine was all cosmetic as well - no mechanical parts (except for a scratched rotor and caliper). Took forever to get the lower bumper. Not many in stock. Leave them for those of us who may actually NEED one! :eek:

Bob

silverws6ta
10-20-09, 08:47 PM
I can't believe the insurance company will substitute parts from a completely different car. I also can't believe that the costs are even close. There is a lot more stuff to the front end of the V than just a bumper cover and grill. When mine was replaced due to damage, the original estimate was $2500, which ended up ballooning to $4800 due to the additional costs associated with the V parts. That and the wait time should make you (and the insurance company) think twice - took over 3 weeks to get all the parts for the V front end from GM. Mine was all cosmetic as well - no mechanical parts (except for a scratched rotor and caliper). Took forever to get the lower bumper. Not many in stock. Leave them for those of us who may actually NEED one! :eek:

Bob

I completely agree with Bob on this, My steering rack was making some 'screeching' sounds and travelling to the wheel last December and it took almost 3 months to get the revised replacement -- Been waiting on a rear seat cover for 6 months (it has something funky going on with the leather on one edge.. is it a big deal no, but my dealership knows I take immaculate condition of my car and they agree its not normal) Took 2 days to get a wheel hub bearing thanks to being 6 lug and V specifc P/N :bonkers:.. So yes we need to leave the 'stash' thats out there for the approximately 5000 STS-V's that were produced for 4 model years.

Redxped1
10-20-09, 09:22 PM
I completely agree with Bob on this, My steering rack was making some 'screeching' sounds and travelling to the wheel last December and it took almost 3 months to get the revised replacement -- Been waiting on a rear seat cover for 6 months (it has something funky going on with the leather on one edge.. is it a big deal no, but my dealership knows I take immaculate condition of my car and they agree its not normal) Took 2 days to get a wheel hub bearing thanks to being 6 lug and V specifc P/N :bonkers:.. So yes we need to leave the 'stash' thats out there for the approximately 5000 STS-V's that were produced for 4 model years.

it took the dealer 3 months to get my 2 frount seat bottoms

cadillac94pimpin
10-21-09, 11:45 AM
it took the dealer 3 months to get my 2 frount seat bottoms

Were those replaced under warranty? Mine are really worn on the outer edged of both the driver and passenger seats. looks like they will crack any day now..

Redxped1
10-21-09, 12:00 PM
Yes they were it took a bit of fighting but i got them replaced