: Two years and I just noticed....

Florian
10-14-09, 11:00 PM
That we have automatic high-beams.....

Sheesh :thepan:

Also, the s/c loves this cool air, freakin car just jumps when I stomp it....the STSv rocks in the fall!

F

nlharter
10-15-09, 12:52 AM
I noticed how the car came alive in the cool weather. I am not sure what the HP boost is, but I like it.

freshchops
10-15-09, 03:05 AM
Yup and yup..... It was the last thing I discovered, regarding the high beems and the button on the rear view.
And also, the other day here, when the temp and humidity dropped. I experienced how responsive the car can really be! Unfortunately, I live in souther louisiana and it couldn't get much hotter or humid for most of the year :(

Aron9000
10-15-09, 07:05 AM
That's really funny, considering Cadillac introduced that feature back in the early 1950's. I think they kept it around until the mid 1980's. I know for a fact that "autotronic eye" was not an option on my 1991 Brougham, but you could definetly get that option on the same boxy RWD style Cadillacs of the 1980's.

CIWS
10-15-09, 10:17 AM
No kidding Florian, going from days of 100+ to now where we see highs in the mid 70s the car and it's S/C is loving the cool air again. :)

PGA2B
10-15-09, 04:29 PM
You should feel them in Kansas City where the highs have been in the mid 40's!! Talk about response to throttle.....

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-15-09, 04:29 PM
please explain the automatic high beams... How to engage

meekna
10-15-09, 05:49 PM
Push the left-most button on your rear-view mirror, there should be a green LED that lights next to it. Put you light switch in automatic on the steering column.. All done.

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-15-09, 06:04 PM
Don't feel bad F I just learned of this today.

jedhead
10-15-09, 06:46 PM
I found out the feature right after I got the car. I am a long time button masher and I can't keep from pushing buttons to see what happens. One reason I had to sit on my hands when I was a kid watching air to air refueling on a C-5 flying from Yokota AFB to an AFB in upper NY state non-stop. I was also the kid that mashed every button on the elevator just before I get off. Thank G-d my kids were not like me.

Bob

silverws6ta
10-15-09, 07:20 PM
I found out the feature right after I got the car. I am a long time button masher and I can't keep from pushing buttons to see what happens. One reason I had to sit on my hands when I was a kid watching air to air refueling on a C-5 flying from Yokota AFB to an AFB in upper NY state non-stop. I was also the kid that mashed every button on the elevator just before I get off. Thank G-d my kids were not like me.

Bob

I didn't know we had automatic wipers for a while, then I finally figured out one day that was why the headlights were on all the time when in RainSense mode..

LoL!! Same here.. If I could push, pull or turn I done it!! My favorite was the STOP buttons on the Escalators at Sears!! lol

zero26039
10-15-09, 07:38 PM
Does the cts-v have auto high beams too??

jedhead
10-15-09, 08:16 PM
I didn't know we had automatic wipers for a while, then I finally figured out one day that was why the headlights were on all the time when in RainSense mode..

LoL!! Same here.. If I could push, pull or turn I done it!! My favorite was the STOP buttons on the Escalators at Sears!! lol

Here I thought I was one up...I didn't think the STS-V came with rainsense? Time to read the manual again.

Bob

leija_01
10-16-09, 12:30 AM
i still can't work the voice controls, can anyone lead me to what the voice controls are? i'm clueless!!!!!

Jpjr
10-16-09, 01:53 AM
1. STS-V does have rainsense wipers

2. Has anyone ever used the voice controls... in any car?

3. The high beams feature is neat but doesn't work that well. I mean, it works, but it turns off about two seconds too late after the guy you just high-beamed starts honking.

meekna
10-16-09, 08:01 AM

3. The high beams feature is neat but doesn't work that well. I mean, it works, but it turns off about two seconds too late after the guy you just high-beamed starts honking.

I wonder if there is some sensor adjustment that can be made, cuz mine works pretty well. I will get confused on the reflection from a highway sign everyonce in a while, but I think it is damn cool.

CIWS
10-16-09, 09:42 AM
I use rain sense, but I would just prefer an intermittent wiper control. I do not use the auto dim for high beam feature. Once again I prefer a manual control.

silverws6ta
10-16-09, 10:51 AM

2. Has anyone ever used the voice controls... in any car?

I tried a few of them after I had my NAV firmware updated.. it helped it a lot; but I'm not sure of what commands still work and which ones don't!

Clean the photocell behind the rearview mirror -- the 'eye' if you will.

Mine works well, rarely gets confused or delayed.

While we are on those 'odd features' if you have your windows down, and press and hold the lock button the car will roll them all up automatically. Great if you at work and it starts raining!

Gusteve
10-16-09, 11:11 AM
I tried a few of them after I had my NAV firmware updated.. it helped it a lot; but I'm not sure of what commands still work and which ones don't!

Clean the photocell behind the rearview mirror -- the 'eye' if you will.

Mine works well, rarely gets confused or delayed.

While we are on those 'odd features' if you have your windows down, and press and hold the lock button the car will roll them all up automatically. Great if you at work and it starts raining!

My auto beams work great. I've never been flashed by an oncoming car because they were on too long.

My voice command doesn't work at all for me. Funny - it works fine for anyone else in my family. I can shout commands all day long, and all I get is "pardon me?". My daughter or wife can say a command once and it works great.

Re: windows rolling up: why doesn't it also close the sunroof? It really detracts from the usefulness of this feature.

Also: Its annoying that the auto high beams are tied to the auto dim on the rear-view mirror. I don't really car for the darkened mirror, but the same button controls both features - they are both on or off. (Am I mistaken about this?)

meekna
03-14-10, 11:03 AM
..Bringing up an old thread, but has anyone tried to rollup the windows remotely? I tried but it only did the driver window. The rest didn't move.

silverws6ta
03-15-10, 03:15 PM
..Bringing up an old thread, but has anyone tried to rollup the windows remotely? I tried but it only did the driver window. The rest didn't move.

Lock the vehicle with the RKE, then hold the button for another 5-10 seconds. Any open windows should CLOSE.

Does not apply to sunroof :)

Danb1040
03-25-10, 12:58 PM
On the subject of running better in cooler weather, I have found that topping of the intercooler coolant has the same effect. Check your owner's manual for instructions. Don't rely on your dealer to do it when you go in for an oil change, most of them don't even know what it is.