: 9.5 inch pulley setup 1/4 mile time?

homesite
10-14-09, 07:52 PM
What should the 1/4 time and speed be with a 9.5 pulley setup be?

What kind of HP are you guys seeing?

Will the motor live with this setup?

Thanks Sirs!!

nradcad
10-14-09, 10:54 PM
:bump:

Vrocks
10-15-09, 10:01 AM
What should the 1/4 time and speed be with a 9.5 pulley setup be?

What kind of HP are you guys seeing?

Will the motor live with this setup?

Thanks Sirs!!

I think it would run very low 11s and upper 120s on the PS2s.

I've heard through different posts and conversations that you're very close to the upper limit - I'm assuming you have a higher flow air filter and exhaust. I was told that anything > than 9.5 should have a bigger cam (ZR1), exhaust, and maybe upgrade the pistons/connecting rods/injectors/ignition system.

homesite
10-15-09, 10:13 AM
I have the high flow air filter mod, but stock exhaust

MReiland
10-15-09, 11:35 AM
Is your car back running after the swap, what was the problem that was causing it to run so badly?

qictrk
10-15-09, 08:52 PM
I don't think that there are that many of us out there. And for me, the track is to far away to find out what i can do in the 1/4. The car sounds and runs real good. Its tough getting all the power to the ground.
P.S. You need to go with at least an exhaust system that will take advantage of your other upgrades. I went with the 3" exhaust from W4me using my stock rear baffles. It really helps the flow. Cecil......

mpouls1
10-16-09, 12:42 AM
I'm a track guy. Take all my cars to the track. With just the pulley I'm thinking you could shave at least 0.5 sec's give or take or few. I really don't see how just a pulley could improve the 1/4 buy a full second. These cars are hard enough to launch stock let alone any mods to the engine. A true improvement to the suspension IMO would really improve our quarter mile times. I saw one guy run a 11.9 at the track. But that is of course relative. Depends on the track, DA, etc. I would say most would run a 12.1, 12.2 average, so do the math. I'm thinking mid 11's, unless you are west coast. My .02