: Newbie...thanks!

jdelp
10-14-09, 11:23 AM
Well, I've finally decided to go with the STS-V rather than the STS4. I live in Indiana and I was wanting to go with a year-rounder driver, but I just love the look & performance of the V so much more. So after thinking it over & over & over...that's why I have my 4 x 4 01' GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, right?!?!?

I am at least 8-10 months out from purchase, which will allow me to be patient and wait for the right deal. I am looking at the 06's, hopefully silver, but it seems the market is flooded w/black...nothing against it, but I've owned my share of black cars and I'd like something diff. Depending on the market w/these I am hoping to get something in the range of $17-$22K with 40-60K miles. I am not too worried about the miles - it seems the owners of these (for the most part) tend to know what they have and take care of it...again my timetable should benefit me in finding just the "right one" - I hope.

Lastly, I just want to extend a huge "THANK YOU" to all the members on here who have given me hours & hours of research material and time-tested suggestions. I am looking forward to joining the "V-family" and becoming an active, supporting member...thanks again!

CIWS
10-14-09, 01:22 PM
This is my first and last black car. I will not own another, unless I don't care about it's appearance. :)

Florian
10-14-09, 04:44 PM
Had 3 black cars....all sucked to keep clean.

F

jedhead
10-14-09, 05:08 PM
I had a black 1998 SHO. What a pain to keep looking good. One of the reasons I bought a Silver STS-V

Bob

PSRmark
10-14-09, 05:16 PM
I've had my share of Black cars as well...they looked great when freshly detailed, but 15 mins after that they looked like crap with a layer of dust already! lol

If I had my choice I would get the silver as well.

Good luck in your search

silverws6ta
10-14-09, 07:53 PM
Never have owned a black car.. and don't plan on it! My last two cars were Silver; So i held out for Stealth Gray when buying the V.. Its a very unique, and good looking color -- I have never met someone who didn't like it.

nlharter
10-14-09, 11:50 PM
I bought a black STS-V. It was my first black vehicle, and I have to say it is sexy, even with a little dust on it. Of course I have a 1/4 mile long gravel driveway, so all my vehicles get dusty quickly. The best part is driving it in the rain. GGRRRRR!!! Enjoy your car search, all V's are great looking.