: Hey guys. Im back :)

Jonas McFeely
10-13-09, 08:32 PM
Hey hey!

My Sage sled took a dump on me back in early '08. In that time, ive had a '96 Lumina, an '88 Brougham, an '87 Civic SI, '00 Mercedes ML320, and now a '93 Altima GXE. The Altima has been an amazing car and i love it. I dont see it going anywhere anytime soon. Second best car ive ever owned. I suppose you could say ive crossed over to the import side...but dont fret, i still have the Sage Caddy.

That being said, she's hurting. Bad. She's sitting in my friends backyard. No front end. Weeds and grass grown up around her, and the interior is pretty moldy. It needs a TON of work now. To get running it needs a radiator, battery, and transmission fluid. But you know, the damn A/C was still ice cold when i parked it back in May! Heh. Still has only 86k miles too...

Ehh. Its depressing in a way. I stumbled on some old pictures of her last night and it kind of hurt a little. I remembered being on the forums and going to the meets. The burnout i did in Tampa. The spats me and Night Wolf would get into. Ahhh. Yeah. So i decided i'd come back and say hey.

All hope his not lost with Rachel(Sage Caddy), though. As soon as my finances get in better order(story of my life) i will resurrect her. All in all, she really doesnt need all that much to be road worthy. Maybe $500. I will keep those that are interested posted.

Ive been posting on the NissanClub.com forums lately. So now that im back in "forum mode", i will for sure be posting more regularly back on here. I miss a lot of you guys. Hope everyone is doing well.

I see we have 100,000 members now!? Wow. I remember when we hit 60,000, if i recall correctly.

Alright, i suppose that about wraps it up without getting into anything too personal. I'll post some pictures of the Altima and give some details about her later.

Have a good one guys! :highfive: :banana:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-13-09, 08:38 PM
Wow, you've had such a wide, eclectic selection of cars! Good to see you back! I knew a guy in college that had a '95 Altima GLE and I raced him in my 4.9 deVille....that was a really close race once speeds got over 30...those Altimas have some balls. On the other hand, I traded my S Class in on a '00 Regal GS in July...so the "wienermobile" as you so eloquently put it is gone.

Jonas McFeely
10-13-09, 08:48 PM
My buddy has an '80 Camaro Berlinetta with a built-up 305 in it and a 3-speed automatic. I bet him a while back that i could take him at the track. A few months ago we went out to Speedworld in Bithlo for to put an end to all the shit-talking. He took me by about a length the first two runs and i got him by a half length on the 3rd run. I still only ran a 17.4 @ 79. But i also had 4 shot struts and worn out clutch. Had that not been a factor, im sure i would have taken him all three times.

These Altima's have 150hp stock. Thats quite a feat for 1993. It will get up and boogie when provoked. Power band and gearing is a bit odd, but its still a lot of fun.

And yeah, i have owned some weird ones. Got the Benz for $1,500 from a rich buddy of mine. It needed a lot, but i ended up getting $4,650 for it on Ebay, after putting about $800 into it.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-13-09, 08:57 PM
Those ML320s were a low point for Mercedes. The interior is very.....oh how shall I put it....Hyundai like.

Jonas McFeely
10-13-09, 09:05 PM
YES! Spot-on! Honest-to-God that interior of the Mercedes was of equal or lesser quality than my Nissan. Literally. The main thing wrong with it was the interior, and so i spent most of my time on it. Absolute crap. Everything was plastic and snapped together with cheapo plastic snaps and rivets. Quite surprising how poorly the interior was put together.

RightTurn
10-13-09, 10:52 PM
Hey you!! :wave: Nice to see ya.

eldorado99
10-13-09, 11:56 PM
Welcome back Mr. Sage!

Jesda
10-14-09, 02:34 AM
www.nicoclub.com

Destroyer
10-14-09, 08:41 AM
These Altima's have 150hp stock. Thats quite a feat for 1993. For real, most cars in that era had like what? 25-40hp. You had to hand crank them to get them started. 150hp was HUGE for a late 80's-early 90's car. :cookoo: I have news for you, cars really haven't changed all that much over the last 20 years IMO.

Jonas McFeely
10-14-09, 02:13 PM
For real, most cars in that era had like what? 25-40hp. You had to hand crank them to get them started. 150hp was HUGE for a late 80's-early 90's car. :cookoo: I have news for you, cars really haven't changed all that much over the last 20 years IMO.

1993 Altima 150hp, 167lb-ft
1993 Camry 130hp, 145lb-ft
1993 Accord 125hp, 140lb-ft
1993 626 118hp, 127lb-ft
1993 Jetta 115hp, 122lb-ft

The Altima was the class leader in power and performance
in 1993. That cannot be argued. Chevy and Ford V6's werent even making 150hp back then. And though they may have had gobs of torque, they were slugs. Nissan's DOHC KA was the hottest 4-cylinder in America at the time, and out-performed almost every other sedan you could throw at it. Hold for the SHO, Maxima, and 626 ES, which were all V6's. :thepan:

Jonas McFeely
10-14-09, 02:24 PM
www.nicoclub.com (http://www.nicoclub.com)

I lurked for 5 minutes and already found a bunch of great information i couldnt find elsewhere. Thank you.

77CDV
10-14-09, 03:34 PM
Welcome back, dude! Always wondered whatever became of you. Please do keep us posted on how things go with you and Rachel. :)

Craig

Destroyer
10-15-09, 11:01 PM
These Altima's have 150hp stock. Thats quite a feat for 1993. The Altima was the class leader in power and performance
Well you should have mentioned that you meant "in class". Compared to the 4.1 in the Brougham it must feel like rocket, lol. Good luck with it.

Jonas McFeely
10-16-09, 12:25 AM
Well you should have mentioned that you meant "in class". Compared to the 4.1 in the Brougham it must feel like rocket, lol. Good luck with it.

Yes i should have. And thank you. I appreciate it. :)

You know, i took a look at some of my old posts and threads earlier today, and wow. Ive really grown and matured since then, like a ton. Crazy. :eek:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-16-09, 12:51 AM
let's just hope the fun side didn't die off since then... :)

Jonas McFeely
10-16-09, 05:24 AM
let's just hope the fun side didn't die off since then... :)

Hence my reply to Rick's plethora of Jeep pictures in the other thread. Guh. I really want to rant... :bigroll:

Destroyer
10-16-09, 11:56 PM
Yes i should have. And thank you. I appreciate it. :)

You know, i took a look at some of my old posts and threads earlier today, and wow. Ive really grown and matured since then, like a ton. Crazy. :eek:Yeah I've changed too, not sure for the better though :lildevil:

DopeStar 156
10-17-09, 01:23 AM
One never outgrows the love for carnage.....

CadillacGurl
10-20-09, 11:41 AM
Welcome back!! :wavehi: (I changed my name after you left so if I don't look familiar that's why)