: Good news on Tires / So-So news on Tires / Bad news on Windsheild

Berger 93
10-13-09, 05:25 PM
Well . . .

Good News: Goodyear is buying back my POS Eagle F1 All Seasons . . . 6,400 miles and the noise has gotten rediculous . . . actually embarassing to drive anyone in the car . . .

So-So news . . . in 6,400 miles the rear tires were worn BELOW 5/32" tread . . what, are they made of butter? . . . So they are only giving me 50% the value of the tires . . .

I guess better than nothing . . .

Bad news . . . rock hit the windsheild and put a NICE spider crack right at my eye line . . . :mad:

I think I lost in this deal . . . :rant2:

CIWS
10-14-09, 09:43 AM
Is the 5/32 tread wear across the whole rear tire or just toward the center area ?

Berger 93
10-14-09, 10:38 AM
Is the 5/32 tread wear across the whole rear tire or just toward the center area ?

No, it's pretty evenly worn across the entire tire . . . :annoyed:

Bee iLL
10-14-09, 02:05 PM
Bad news . . . rock hit the windsheild and put a NICE spider crack right at my eye line . . . :mad:

Ouch! Had the same thing happen to me this past spring. Rock flew out of a construction truck bed. Our windshield is expensive, mainly due to the rain sensor. I ended up having safe-lite come out to my house and replace it in my garage. The guy who installed it said it took him 3 times as long to install than it normally does, because he could tell I loved my car and wanted to be extra careful! Did a great job, with no additional wind noise, which I have heard can happen from a crappy install job. Illinois needs to pass a law REQUIRING truck drivers to cover their loads!

Berger 93
10-20-09, 10:03 AM
I need to call the insurance co. to find out what they cover . . . have never made a claim with them so not sure . .

I can get a GM windshield for $425 + install, which didn't seem too bad . .

Bee . . nice to see the installer cared about the car, unfortunately Discount Tire in Bloomingdale did not care about my car, this time . . . :mad: two rims are now scratched and they sent me out the door with 40 psi in the front tires and 42 psi in the rear . . . :bigroll: does anybody give a darned anymore? . . .

Bee iLL
10-20-09, 02:37 PM
My ded. is $500 through my insurance and the total was 533.25 installed through safelite. At the time, they were the cheapest. I ended up paying out of pocket, as it did not make since to have my rates go up for only 30 bucks.

DraganHawk
10-20-09, 10:48 PM
!st of all.....is this Andy????

I just got a quote today for my V for the front windshield. Price was $305 installed with lifetime warranty. Why are you guys getting $500 quotes????

DraganHawk
10-20-09, 11:06 PM
Hey guys just to let you know I just got off of Saflite website.
I don't get it but their prices change in my quotes.
If I use zip 60543(Oswego) = $305
zip where I live 60439(Lemont) =$281
zip by in laws 60191(addison) = $261

Finally a real reason to like the inlaws!!!!!:histeric:

Bee iLL
10-21-09, 11:01 AM
Hey guys just to let you know I just got off of Saflite website.
I don't get it but their prices change in my quotes.
If I use zip 60543(Oswego) = $305
zip where I live 60439(Lemont) =$281
zip by in laws 60191(addison) = $261

Finally a real reason to like the inlaws!!!!!:histeric:

Make sure you are getting the correct windshield for the STS-V. It needs to have the hookup for the rain sensor. Granted my replacememnt happened over a year ago. At the time, everywhere I called was between $540-$600.

Bee iLL
10-21-09, 11:03 AM

I just got a quote today for my V for the front windshield. Price was $305 installed with lifetime warranty. Why are you guys getting $500 quotes????

Be careful, that lifetime warranty you mentioned only refers to wind noise or other problems caused by installation. If you get another chip or crack, you will be paying for a repair or replacement.

cadillac94pimpin
10-21-09, 01:58 PM
I had to replace my back window. A soft ball put a huge hole in it!!! I eneded up not going with safe lite. My friend works for a shop and he did a cash out at the dealer. Cost me around 250 (his cost) just for the glass and about a 100 to put it in. It was exactly the same. GM logo and evereything. Stupid guy who installed it got dirt all over my headliner and pillars in the rear.
I was so heated.

Does Anyone know what I can use to get the dirt off? I used Mr. Clean magic erasor on some other spots and that worked pretty good.

Berger 93
10-21-09, 03:42 PM

Why yes it is me . . :) How's it going? . . . anyway still have not persued anything with the windsheild.

The quote I got was for an OEM GM lite from my local dealership.