: Air bag diagnostic

pedrazamarcos
10-12-09, 01:56 AM
Is any other way to read airbag codes besides Tech2?I tried Snapon MTS 2500 "the Brick" also tried Genysis V3.0 and NO airbag option to choose.I know Cadillac has its own auto diagnostic feature(by holding some a/c controls)does the Catera has this feature?If it does how do i use it?I want to read my Airbag codes.Please help.

Black Hole
10-12-09, 12:31 PM
I'd like to know as well....I have an airbag light at the moment.

pedrazamarcos
10-14-09, 01:22 AM
Is it possible to enter Auto Diagnose feature on Catera just like in other cadillac whe you hold "OFF" and "Warmer" on A/c controls?Can the Catera do that?And how?

pedrazamarcos
10-15-09, 11:53 AM
Wow!So many members and no help,Either members don't know about Cateras or they just don't want to help...either way is the same result.NO HELP.Thanks for nothing.

dadenkern
10-15-09, 01:45 PM
I had an airbag warning light after replacing the engine in my 2001 Catera last summer.

After some Internet research it was clear that the airbag module could only be accessed by a GM Tech 2 tool, which is a couple thousand dollars to purchase. One solution suggested was an USB to OBDII adapter with software that could in theory communicate with all the onboard computers including the airbag module. I purchased such an adapter on EBay and after connecting with the airbag module for about 2 seconds the module quick working and never worked again.

Finally I called my local GM dealer and explained my situation. The service guy was convinced that it was more than just a reset-able code and offered to reset it for free with hopes that he would be able to repair whatever sensor was broken. He reset it (for free) and the airbag light never reappeared.

I concluded that an unknown electrical glitch (notice the lack of technicality here) must have caused the code during the engine swap even though the airbag system was not altered during the swap.

R-Caddy
10-17-09, 02:34 PM
My light was on until I took the bulb out. The dealer was telling me to replace the module at $500+. I said maybe later...

globuslive
01-25-13, 05:34 PM
I had similar issue like dadenkern, but in my case i had also door sensor failure. I used OpCom to diagnose that! If you're not DIY guy, it would be difficult for you to find the error code. I spent a lot of time to set up this device to computer, and after some long hours of messing around i found the codes. But I wasn't able to reset the light. After I replaced bad sensor, i went to dealer, and they reset it for free. Such a good dealer! THANKS TO THEM! ))) If you need more information how to OpCom Omega Catera, I will happy to explain details. :highfive:

marko69
01-29-13, 01:01 AM
Yes, I'd be interested in the details for the OpCom Omega Catera.

globuslive
05-09-14, 04:13 PM
Yes, I'd be interested in the details for the OpCom Omega Catera.

It good stuff but tricky to install to computer. Doesn't read all modules, thanks to GM Usa input.... cheap solution to read our cars, but they messed our car up so bad... i got autel 708 now and when had to swap radio, i had to read it as deville because when im under catera wont read vin #. I was able to read bcm, abs, tranny and.... that's it. Or may be something else. It has options for immobiliser too but i didnt want to brick my car so never tried it. If it was pure omega that opcom is amazing thing. Thinking to swap ecu from omega and bring back stolen hps..... ;-)

2000GoldCatera
05-16-14, 12:40 PM
I have an Innova 3160d and can get airbag codes but I can't find anywhere the codes are listed.