: New found appreciation for my Caddy

CoupeDevilleRob
07-31-04, 04:40 PM
Recently I've been driving my sister's car a lot, a 1990 Grand Am LE coupe. She can't drive until she turns 17 in a few weeks, so I've been using the car just so it doesn't sit around. Anyway, driving the Grand Am and my Coupe Deville back to back has really made me appreciate the Cadillac. There is nothing quite like a full size V8 rear driver and nothing worse than a front wheel drive, 4 cylinder, econo box. Anybody else have an experience like this? Long live Cadillacs!!!

DopeStar 156
07-31-04, 11:29 PM
I went from a 1989 Lincoln Mark VII, to a 1999 Chevy Malibu, then to my 1989 Fleetwood Brougham. If I ran over a hair in that Chevy I felt it in my lower spine. I still like my Chevy, it has a pretty fast 3.1 liter V6 and I use it every couple of days to give my Caddy a break so she's not overworked. All in all I have my preferences, and that's my Caddy.

majax
07-31-04, 11:52 PM
When you come home from a hard days work with a Honda Accord you miss your Cadillac, I know what your talking about dude.

Ralph
07-31-04, 11:56 PM
Recently I've been driving my sister's car a lot, a 1990 Grand Am LE coupe. She can't drive until she turns 17 in a few weeks, so I've been using the car just so it doesn't sit around. Anyway, driving the Grand Am and my Coupe Deville back to back has really made me appreciate the Cadillac. There is nothing quite like a full size V8 rear driver and nothing worse than a front wheel drive, 4 cylinder, econo box. Anybody else have an experience like this? Long live Cadillacs!!!

Our 1980 Pontiac V6 coupe is rough, loud and bumpy compared to the Caddy. I have to say though, my Caddy is equally as smooth as the Grand Marquis I had. But that Pontiac would make a great bank robbery get away car because they handle pretty good. ;) There certainly enough power with the 2.8 V6 in a lightweight package.

cadillacdeville
08-01-04, 01:47 AM
I've driven a 2000 dodge intrepid and after being in my caddy I feel like have to crawl out and into it and its supposed to be one of the full sized cars but you gotta put the stering wheel up to get in. also driven an F150 and a Ford LTD both drove like lumber wagons.

barge master
08-01-04, 08:02 PM
There are cetainly a lot of cars as comfy as a Caddy, but they don't have the look. I'm with you Rob, there is nothing like a big old American V8 RWD car. I've tried to go the small car route and the honeymoon is over in a hurry. The 1st car I ever had was a 67 Lincoln coupe, and it's just been one tank after another since then. I don't care how dated they've become, I'll keep running them until there's none left.

davesdeville
08-02-04, 12:27 AM
I realised how kick ass my Caddy was when I smashed my knee between the steering wheel and the door of my 86 Dodge Omni. The Omni is just too small.. All of my friends cars are too small too.