: Simple mods that are at least somewhat dealer friendly???

Heath
10-11-09, 07:31 PM
Im wanting to do somevery simple things to my V that can easily be swapped back to stock for warranty and for trade in reasons. I dont want to do a catback because one of the things I really like about the car is the super quiet exahaust. I want to do the full stage II intake from D3 and do a tune. I have HP tuners and I was wondering if anyone has a base tunefile to start from or is anyone like D3 sells one. I ca handle the WOT stuff myself but I really would like to get a tune from someone that has already worked out the kinks in the nanny stuff. Thanks!

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-11-09, 09:15 PM
PM me your email address. You can start with my dyno tune and street transmission tune file.

The trans tune shift points are really good. WARNING as I removed ALL TQ management stuff. You can add back some tq management if you want.

Heath
10-12-09, 12:02 AM
Awesome man thanks!

Heath
10-13-09, 12:23 AM
PM me your email address. You can start with my dyno tune and street transmission tune file.

The trans tune shift points are really good. WARNING as I removed ALL TQ management stuff. You can add back some tq management if you want.

Thanks man I really appreciate the tunes. What mods were on your car when you had it on the dyno? The stabilitrack still functions normally with the tunes? Also can you do a burnout with the tune and the stability disabled?

meekna
10-13-09, 08:04 AM

With the torque management removed, does the traction control still function?

Florian
10-13-09, 11:37 AM
It should. Torque mgmt is more a function of engine power and timing reduction. Traction control is a function of the wheel sensors.

F

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-13-09, 11:47 AM
^^^^Yep what he said. You still have to hold down the TC button for 10 seconds to disable TC.

The car was bone stock with that tune.

You can do a pretty good burnout but stock TC still kicks in. Sorry just a function of the wheel sensors.. Only way to do a burnout contest or endless doughnuts is to disconnect the wheel sensors

Disclaimer*** Use my tune at your own expense/risk. I do not warrenty or imply any warrenty issues that may occur. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK... It's your job to double check the tune before you load it.

Dr. Design
10-13-09, 09:16 PM
Hello,
The stage 1 & 2 intakes are very simple to swap back to stock if need be. We do have dealerships that will order the intakes for their customers vehicles, so I don't know if you will have to remove it before taking the vehicle back in for service. It really depends on the dealership.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Im wanting to do somevery simple things to my V that can easily be swapped back to stock for warranty and for trade in reasons. I dont want to do a catback because one of the things I really like about the car is the super quiet exahaust. I want to do the full stage II intake from D3 and do a tune. I have HP tuners and I was wondering if anyone has a base tunefile to start from or is anyone like D3 sells one. I ca handle the WOT stuff myself but I really would like to get a tune from someone that has already worked out the kinks in the nanny stuff. Thanks!

Heath
10-13-09, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the help guys!!!!

CIWS
10-14-09, 10:00 AM
^^^^Yep what he said. You still have to hold down the TC button for 10 seconds to disable TC.

Wires crossed maybe ? Holding the TC button down for 10 seconds will turn off Stability Control and Traction Control (something I don't recommend for most). Simply pressing the TC button once should turn off Traction Control.

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-14-09, 03:19 PM
CIWS. Holding down the TC button for 10 seconds still doesn't turn everything off completely. Stabilitrac is still there. If it senses the rear wheels spinning much faster than the fronts for very long it will still kick in. This is why you cant dyno our cars by simply holding down the TC button.

Maybe we are saying the same thing.

meekna
10-15-09, 07:59 AM
LITTLEELVISDAN -- How can I go about getting a copy of your tunes? I tried to send a PM but I guess I need to make more posts or send money.

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-15-09, 08:35 PM
Try deleting some ouf your sent PM in your box