: Rear wheel sensor for TQ managment???

Heath
10-11-09, 05:23 AM
I stumbled upon a thread on another forum where someone said that the V has a sensor somewhere at the rear wheels that when disconnected, disables the torque managment. They claim to run high 12s consistantly with just that mod. I have searched around on CF and cant find any information on this. Does anyone know about this? Thanks!

Florian
10-11-09, 12:33 PM
removing your wheel spin sensors eliminates your traction mgmt, but will also trash your rear.
Having replaced 3 rears on my CTSv, Im well aware of this not so fun mod.

F

Heath
10-11-09, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the info! Im guessing you had a gen 1 CTS when you had these issues? Not to disbeleive, but I cant see the same issue crossing over to the STS platform. Im wondering if you can even do this mod to the STS at all. IS it the ABS reluctor wheel sensor he was talking about? If so then it will kill the ABS too while its off and Im sure give you codes. :hmm:

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-11-09, 02:59 PM
You can do it for the STS-V. Actually its one of the only ways you can dyno our cars. With the sensors connected the car sees the rear wheels spinning and nocices the fronts are stationary and kills the motor.

Yes it lights the dash up like a Christmas tree.

Heath
10-11-09, 07:19 PM
So how do you disconnect them? Is it just a sensor at a reluctor wheel? Does it just unplug?

Florian
10-11-09, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the info! Im guessing you had a gen 1 CTS when you had these issues? Not to disbeleive, but I cant see the same issue crossing over to the STS platform. Im wondering if you can even do this mod to the STS at all. IS it the ABS reluctor wheel sensor he was talking about? If so then it will kill the ABS too while its off and Im sure give you codes. :hmm:

1st Gen CTS and STS are the same platform and same rear couple that with the fact that the STSv weighs more.....proceed with caution.

F

Heath
10-12-09, 12:10 AM
I didnt realize that. So all the BMR suspension and drivetrain parts for a CTS will fit a STS?

Florian
10-12-09, 03:16 PM
not sure? My suspicions say no as there may be a different cradle/bushing setup.

F

cadillac94pimpin
10-12-09, 05:45 PM
Has anyone ran some kind of a switch for the rear wheel sensors?