: Ebay spoof

BUILDINGCTSAMG
07-31-04, 01:24 PM
Their is some really good hacker sending out a spoof email that starts like this
We recently noticed one or more attempts to log in to your eBay account from a foreign IP address and we have reasons to belive that your account was hijacked by a third party without your authorization.
If you recently accessed your account while traveling,the unusual log in attempts may have been initiated by you.

Your personal information will be verified instantly. All the data is protected by the industry standard SSL encryption. All information is required and is kept confidential in accordance with eBay's Privacy Policy.

It comes from ebay.com, so I thought this was a legit email at first, but i searched ebay and its defn a spoof. It looks really official, which is sad.....hope that helps

daacon
07-31-04, 02:14 PM
Good catch - I figure these "Phishing Email" Authors outta be stripped naked , then duck taped to a pole in a desert. As an added incentive , lets pour sticky corn syrup with spinkles of sugar on them and make sure the stakes are grounded in the middle of three or four fire ant hills, with a couple hornets nest as well.......one "bite" for every spam they have sent .......

##(@#&$(#)@&*@#$)$ ........

CoupeDevilleRob
07-31-04, 04:17 PM
Remind me to never piss you off.

daacon
07-31-04, 06:26 PM
Remind me to never piss you off.

Hahahah I can look mean (about 6'2'', 220 ) but usually a gentle person. About a year ago I had to change Emails ( I had that Email since 1991 !!!) - checked one Sunday morning and received 147 Spam mails !!!!! I was getting quite a few - tried all the spam filters , just could not take it anymore (they would always flag at least one legit Email). I rely heavly on Email - it was a pain in the butt ....just a pet peeve of mine ....and Phishing is unscrupulous, much worse , preys on the "innocent of computing" than spam. It always has a financial angle and by and large always somewhat successfull. I think is as bad as knocking on the 95 year grandmothers door to sell her lifetime ceadar shake shingles for 4k , taking the check and never showing up ...