: Wait4Me mods installed - car's running great

Vrocks
10-10-09, 01:07 PM
First I want to say that it was a pleasure working with Wait4Me performance. They were extremely helpful and took the time to anwser any questions I had (quite a few). I'd also like to thank forum members for their advice, and for sharing their experiences with modding the car. All of the information on the forum helped considerably for certain parts of the process (ac belt and intercooler install).

If anyone in the Philly area is looking for a top notch tint shop; I highly reccomend Tintco. They're located right off of 35th street near the University of Pennsylvania. Dan (owner) did the best work I've ever seen - Huper Optik 40 was installed. Their website is tintcopa.com.

List of installed mods:
1. 9" pulley with the ATI balancer
2. W4M heat exchanger
3. T-Stat
4. Amsoil with Amsoil 050 filter
5. SCT handheld (still on stock tune)

The car is perfect for me at this point. The supercharger makes more noise and the engine runs smoother with the better balancer. No trouble codes but my oil pressure is higher than it was with mobil one - I'm a half quart low (put 6 in and have the 7th on order). I'm still topping off the coolant due to air trapped in the system.

My plan now is to get the alignment tweaked, replace the diff fluid and take it to Race Prove Motorsports for a check on the AF and power output. I don't think I'll mod beyond this point because I really don't want to replace the stock intake (I've heard of a few issues) and I don't want to invest in headers. If I was going to do all of that I personnaly would have gone with a 6spd manual V or a C6 Vette.

Also, I know the stock boost gauge isn't very accurate but it's sitting right on the last tick mark before 15.

CadV
10-10-09, 07:12 PM
Your running stock tune with a 9" pulley? Not good dude.

Gary Wells
10-10-09, 07:51 PM
Your running stock tune with a 9" pulley? Not good dude.
X2, I'm thinking the same thing here. What am I missing?

Vrocks
10-11-09, 04:21 AM
I'm going to bring it in for a tune this comming week but I was told it isn't a big deal for my mods. Guess I'll just take it easy until the AF ratio is known (I was told it should be around 11.5 on the stock tune) and if anything, wouldn't the tune shop be inclined to advance the timing over the factory tune? I don't want the torque managment on the transmission to be changed or the firmness so I think the only thing left to tune is the AF - assuming it's off. Or are there other important changes that I'm missing?

aco
10-11-09, 08:58 AM
If you have w4m's handheld, why don't you upload one of the performance tunes he provided? Did he not include the proper tune with what you purchased from him?

Vrocks
10-11-09, 10:09 AM
If you have w4m's handheld, why don't you upload one of the performance tunes he provided? Did he not include the proper tune with what you purchased from him?

I've tried but it will not work. I uploaded the latest firmware and pulled fuses but no luck - I'm going to try again.

CadV
10-11-09, 02:26 PM
I can promise you are running lean. I would not get into boost if I was you.

qictrk
10-11-09, 03:30 PM
I also had trouble uploading his program, so I sent my handheld to him. He will not charge for doing this. Maybe shipping, thats it. I had a 9" pulley and now have a 9.5. His programs work great. I hope to finally get to a dyno this coming week to check out the A/F and hp. Cecil...........

wait4me
10-12-09, 09:38 AM
Sorry guys, Anyone with sct issues, can call the support line on sct website, Or call me, and i can get you the number. 99% of all issues are a simple fix.

As for running the car on a 9 inch pulley, it should be fine. ON A STOCK TUNE< It will be 11.8-11.9 air fuel ratio on its own, and timing will be MAXED out.

With a tune for the setup, I just add .3 air fuel and pull 2 degrees of timing to be on the safe side. Then i modify other things to make it alot better and drive more aggressive. But that is purely for the fun factor, not for added horsepower.

These motors are TOUGH. AS LONG AS YOU DONT HAVE SPARK KNOCK.

Vrocks
10-12-09, 11:04 AM
Sorry guys, Anyone with sct issues, can call the support line on sct website, Or call me, and i can get you the number. 99% of all issues are a simple fix.

As for running the car on a 9 inch pulley, it should be fine. ON A STOCK TUNE< It will be 11.8-11.9 air fuel ratio on its own, and timing will be MAXED out.

With a tune for the setup, I just add .3 air fuel and pull 2 degrees of timing to be on the safe side. Then i modify other things to make it alot better and drive more aggressive. But that is purely for the fun factor, not for added horsepower.

These motors are TOUGH. AS LONG AS YOU DONT HAVE SPARK KNOCK.
Jesse, I have a dyno pull setup for tomorrow and I think I'm going to skip a tuning session because I really want the SCT device to work - I'm going to pull fuses again today :D .

There's a Sunoco with 100 octane race fuel, so I'm going to put a few gallons in before the dyno pull. I'll just take it easy with the day to day driving until I can get your tune(s) uploaded.

Venomous-V
10-12-09, 11:52 PM
Jesse, I have a dyno pull setup for tomorrow and I think I'm going to skip a tuning session because I really want the SCT device to work - I'm going to pull fuses again today :D .

There's a Sunoco with 100 octane race fuel, so I'm going to put a few gallons in before the dyno pull. I'll just take it easy with the day to day driving until I can get your tune(s) uploaded.

Dont bother with the 100 octane. better off comin down with whatever u run daily!. And no offense to anyone, but Dyno tune is ALWAYS better then flashtune from a hand held...every car is different!

PS: this is Sebastian with the C6Z06 u spoke with at the sunoco.

Vrocks
10-13-09, 08:56 AM
Dont bother with the 100 octane. better off comin down with whatever u run daily!. And no offense to anyone, but Dyno tune is ALWAYS better then flashtune from a hand held...every car is different!

PS: this is Sebastian with the C6Z06 u spoke with at the sunoco.

Thanks Sebastian, I'll top it off with 93 (there will be about 3 gallons of 100 left in it). I'm not looking for max power (which is probbaly where I'm at now), I want to detune it to around an 11:1 AF ratio, and pull some timing (as Jesse noted above: around 2 degrees). If it can put down around 510 to the wheels with a safe tune, that's what I'd like.

I heard your C6Z06 is the fastest around for cam and exhaust work - when the mods were being installed I was talking with the guys about going to RPM, and your car came up. I want to get a Z06 (or the ZR1) and mod the heads & cam and put American Racing headers on it - just can't do it now.

homesite
10-13-09, 11:32 AM
Your setup is 560 hp at the rear wheels/ 700 HP at the crank according to Jess

I made an error, that is with the 9.5 pulley

Vrocks
10-13-09, 02:35 PM
Well, the car can't be tuned... for now. HP Tuners and EFI Live won't be ready for another 18 - 23 business days for the 2010V - something has changed from 2009 - 2010.

The dyno said I was putting 500HP & 530ft/lbs of torque to the wheels. The AF was at 11 flat after the car cooled down to 160 - it was 10.2 on the first pull (car was at operating temp). The timing is 2 - 3 degress too much. They said there wasn't any knock and I've never heard anything. The airbox is stock as is the exhaust and I don't plan on changing them to pick up another 10 - 20HP.

wait4me
10-13-09, 03:02 PM
EFILive is ready for that car, I had it ready since last month. Not sure who said that? Have them call me and i will send them the definition files needed to open the tune in the software.

So you wherent lean enough on the stock tune to blow up your car??? LOL

Even putting on a 2.55 upper on a STOCK program will work. It is just a little much on the timing side.. Fuel will always be close in those..

They run rich when modded..

Vrocks
10-13-09, 04:06 PM
It was a missunderstading on the tune software. I thought he said he just spent $$$ to get EFI live to tune one of the first 2010 Camaros but it sounds like he said it wasn't worth spending the $$$ on it because they have HPTuners.

Lol. Nope, it's too rich at operating temp but great when it's cooler.

They just said don't do any "200 MPH" pulls until they pull some timing. I guess I've been lucky enough so far in that area so I'm going to take it easy for a week or two. Maybe I'll pull the fuses one more time for the handheld tuner...