: I think I got a factory tune FREE

Malibu310
10-10-09, 11:57 AM
Thursday morning I noticed the check engine light, so I checked the gas cap, then the oil. I have 6,600 miles on the car and the oil was very low (barely reading). So I was close to Morroes Cadillac in Minneapolis and pulled in. I did not buy the car from Morries, but they took care of me as if I had. They added oil and recommended that I leave the car just to check it out. Later that day it registed a code that said there was a "miss-fire" and gave me a free loaner car to figure it out. They said there is a service bulletin that might fix a problem where the check engine light appears on a cold day (it was rather cold that morning).

So I'll back up and tell you I traded down a new Aston Vantage on the Cadillac, and never thought the car was all that quick, and certainly not for 556 HP (we also have a 600HP Chevy powered Porche 928).

Yesterday morning they decided to upgrade to a new software that was available that was though to address the miss-fire problem.

Well, I got to tell you, I think they must have stole the Wait-4-me programming, because when I picked up the car it had a completely different attitude (it's an Automatic). It just seemed the shift points were different and the engine was a lot smoother and more responsive. In fact at the levels I used to push the gas pedals the tires were braking loose when they did not do that before... it now feels much lighter and fast!

Rick H

C6Z06
10-10-09, 12:06 PM
Rick, it sounds like they fixed what may have been ailing your car from day one. Now add a tune and really enjoy. :thumbsup:

Malibu310
10-10-09, 12:25 PM
That might be - as I did not drive another Automatic before I bought this one to compare with (there were few auto's available in a color I likes in Minneapolis).

OldRoadDawg
10-10-09, 12:30 PM
Do you know your production date?

Gary Wells
10-10-09, 10:02 PM
Do you know your production date?I'm interested in the production date also.
I would sure like to know what magic software they have access to that has never been mentioned on this forum before, but I guess that anything is possible.

neuronbob
10-11-09, 12:04 AM
Yeah, interested in knowing if they've optimized the factory tune for our cars....and for the usership here in general, is there someplace to access TSBs?

GMX322V S/C
10-11-09, 05:41 AM
^^^Try here: http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

Not sure how to interpret the information though; you have to input a VIN, so one would think it would display only those items that apply to that VIN, but it seems like it still displays everything available (maybe just checking for a valid VIN?)

homesite
10-11-09, 09:38 PM
Aston Martin's are lame

Malibu310
10-12-09, 12:04 PM
My vin# ends with 156227 - if that tells you what build date?

I drive around this wekend trying to figure out if it's my imagination, or the changes are real. As far as power, not really sure, but the shift points of the automatic and response are different - much quicker keeping in a lower gear than before when I hit the gas. I think I need to drive a different Automatic to see if this is how the car should have driven, or if there was actually a software change.

As far as the Aston, they changed mid-model all the time. And the comment about Astons, well they might not be the greatest cars, but they do give much more illusion of both power and speed and provide something the CTS-V cannot... when you pull up in a new Aston in business situations everyone assumes you know what you are doing and listens. The CTS-V is very stealth nobody, not even some car people know what it's about. I used to go to meetings by flying my own plane - meet at the airport FBO - get the contract, the Aston's similar. Unfortunately I'm in the development consulting business - so no money is out there, Aston or CTS-V. Would I get another Aston if I financially recover? Absolutely, in the mean while the CTS-V is an excellent daily driver and I'm glad I went that route.

kimphamg
10-13-09, 10:21 PM
I don't own a 09 V but when the battery is unplugged in the 2005 V, the software "forgets" the way you are driving and the adaptive learning (or whatever it's called) is reset to factory settings. Maybe this is what is happening to you, after 6000 miles you probably don't remember how it felt the first time.

Or maybe I'm totally wrong. Either way enjoy your V while I dream about it :)

homesite
10-13-09, 10:32 PM
I could have purchased an Aston, but I bought a Lamborghini instead because an Aston is not a true Exotic while the Lambo is

kimphamg
10-13-09, 10:44 PM
Trolling troll is trolling.

homesite
10-13-09, 10:53 PM
I am lying?

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr152/homesites/photo1.jpg

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr152/homesites/photo.jpg

Gary Wells
10-13-09, 11:21 PM
I don't think that he is a troll, I don't think that he is trolling, and I don't think that we should start calling each other names without good cause. In fact, I don't think that we should call each other names regardless. Peace out.

neuronbob
10-13-09, 11:37 PM
OK, back on topic....Malibu, maybe you should drive a different automatic to see whether your supposition is correct. Interested to hear your conclusions.

kimphamg
10-13-09, 11:38 PM
I didn't say you were lying, just pointing out the unnessary Aston diss, but anyway, nice garage

nynd
10-13-09, 11:38 PM
It might just be that it was poor to begin with and they remedied it. Always possible. Anyways, nice stable! I love the lift, I want one of those.

homesite
10-13-09, 11:42 PM
Thanks!!

My car is at the Caddy hospital. Hope to have it back on Thursday

rdonato
10-14-09, 12:55 AM
Any thing I can go to the dealer with to get them to re-tune my '09? Only thing I notice is a very hard shift out of 1st gear when launching very gingerly (like you would do in a school zone). Would they need to tune to try and diagnose/fix that?

musclesbmf
10-14-09, 10:29 AM
Guys...
There was a code for misfire. If that is truely the case, the car would run horrible like that if it was a repeated condition. He could have possibly been running on 7 cylinders hence his new found joy in driving the car. I can assure you that GM is not going to "tune" our cars like an aftermarket tuner. They are worried about warranty claims as it is and that would make it worse. Plus they like all their cars to run quiet and safe.

Mark