: Motor Trend's Latest Rendition (they've seen the car) Cadillac ATS

Lord Cadillac
10-09-09, 10:04 PM
Apparently MotorTrend has seen the Cadillac ATS. Some features they described are as follows:

- thick, wedgy, "fast" c-pillar
- large sweeping rectangular headlamps
- wider, thinner grille
- long dash-to-axle relationship (stretched front-end)

http://image.motortrend.com/f/25151113+w750/cadillac-ATS-rear-three-quarters-illustration.jpg

Harry_Wild
10-10-09, 10:24 PM
Is this the replacement for the XLR? What is the price and engine, intro date, etc....

I will do a search and see!

Thanks for posting it here! I was looking at buying a XLR-V! But depend on what is in the search; I may abandon it or go through with it! I love the fastback design!

Harry_Wild
10-10-09, 11:11 PM
I found out that the ATS is position to fight the BMW 3 series! Oh well, I guess I going ahead and try to buy a XLR-V after all.

70eldo
10-13-09, 05:59 AM
I seen the post at GMI and so far the car looks hot. The wheel clearance doesn't seem possible and we'll just see what it will really look like in reality.
But I am looking forward to it and I hope GM/Cadillac will get their organisation back on track in Europe before the launch of the ATS/AT1/new BLS (whatever it really will be)

ral1960
01-16-10, 12:03 AM
I found out that the ATS is position to fight the BMW 3 series! Oh well, I guess I going ahead and try to buy a XLR-V after all.
Pick up one for me while you're at it. I'll mail you a check.

dwight.j.carter
03-23-10, 07:43 PM
Apparently MotorTrend has seen the Cadillac ATS. Some features they described are as follows:

- thick, wedgy, "fast" c-pillar
- large sweeping rectangular headlamps
- wider, thinner grille
- long dash-to-axle relationship (stretched front-end)

http://image.motortrend.com/f/25151113+w750/cadillac-ATS-rear-three-quarters-illustration.jpg

that drawing looks like it was done by Chip Foose.

concorso
03-26-10, 08:50 PM
Chip Foose looks like he was drawn by the Cadillac.

Stingroo
03-28-10, 11:44 AM
In Soviet Russia, car draws you!

lordbaby
04-01-10, 03:12 AM
Is this the replacement for the XLR? What is the price and engine, intro date, etc....

I will do a search and see!

Thanks for posting it here! I was looking at buying a XLR-V! But depend on what is in the search; I may abandon it or go through with it! I love the fastback design!

~30k, ~200hp, mini cts

MikeTerp
05-24-10, 11:30 PM
Well, the ATS should be arriving around the same time as the new 3er (give or take a year). The 3 series is supposed to be powered by 4 bangers (except the M, which will get an I-6). Given the approaching CAFE increases, we can probably expect the ATS to (mostly) get 4 cylinder power too. Should be an interesting comparison. Caddy really needs to keep the weight out of the ATS. This is one of the main concerns about the new 3er on the BMW boards given that most of the new BMW models have been longer, wider, heavier the last few cycles.

JBsZ06
05-30-10, 08:17 PM
Turbo 300 hp inline four!
375 twin turbo v6
450hp Direct injection V8 V series!

Needs an AMG like MCT computer controlled transmission with NO torque convertor

Lord Cadillac
01-18-11, 08:30 PM
We can dream, can't we? :p

Turbo 300 hp inline four!
375 twin turbo v6
450hp Direct injection V8 V series!