: My cars messed up after doing the 9.5 pulley mod

homesite
10-08-09, 09:10 PM
I just finished the 9.5 pulley mod and went to drive the car. The car went into reduce power and is showing codes PO100 AND VO101. I checked all connections and everything is plugged in.

I had to remove the bracket that holds a sensor near the Harmonic Balancer in order to get the PIA A/C belt on. Does this sensor have a position adjustment once it is moved?

Please help, I am desperate!!!

In reduce mode, the car is staying in one gear, Is this correct?

PS: The car is hitting 14 to 15 boost with the reduce power

PSRmark
10-08-09, 09:30 PM
p0100 is a MAF sensor code...did you do anything with the intake?

also...what tune calibration did you put in it?

homesite
10-08-09, 09:34 PM
I only took the intake off and then reinstalled. Jess sent me the updated tune for the 9.5.

Will a bad Mass air put the car in safety mode?

Jpjr
10-08-09, 09:41 PM
Yes it definitely could. Check to see that it is screwed in tight and facing the right way.

Unfortunately you may have fried your computer too. Don't ask me why this happens, or even if its logical.

homesite
10-08-09, 09:51 PM
Why would the computer be fried?

What about that harmonic balancer sensor

PSRmark
10-08-09, 09:53 PM
I'll be working late in the shop tonight to get some cars done, there may or may not be someone here to answer the phones but if you need some further help with this then PM me and I can send you my cell phone number.

-Mark

homesite
10-08-09, 09:56 PM
I think I am going to bring it to the dealer tomorrow.

PSRmark
10-08-09, 09:57 PM
on a side note...

some aftermarket intake systems have a separate MAF sensor plate...is it possible the MAF sensor is in backwards?

homesite
10-08-09, 09:59 PM
The intake is stock

homesite
10-08-09, 10:00 PM
I did start the car without the mass air and intake hooked up to make sure the belts stayed on

PSRmark
10-08-09, 10:02 PM
Since you are going to the dealer tomorrow anyways I would suggest loading the stock calibration back in and see what it does.

homesite
10-08-09, 10:04 PM
I already tried the stock setting and it did not fix the issue

PSRmark
10-08-09, 10:05 PM
I did start the car without the mass air and intake hooked up to make sure the belts stayed on

did you try to clear the codes? Those codes will set right away if the MAF is unplugged

homesite
10-08-09, 10:07 PM
I cleared the codes and they came right back.

Could it be the sensor near the balancer?

PSRmark
10-08-09, 10:16 PM
I already tried the stock setting and it did not fix the issue

sorry I didn't see this until after I had replied.

doing the reprogram would clear the computer of those codes anyways, it sounds like you have either bad MAF wiring or a bad MAF, I've never seen a bad PCM with those codes but I'm not always right. either way it has something to do with the MAF circuit(which the PCM is still part of the MAF circuit).

The sensor you are referring to...is it the crank position sensor? if so, that would most likely set a crank position code. thats like a p0335or p0385 if memory serves me correctly...

homesite
10-08-09, 10:21 PM
Is that crank sensor have position adjustment because I moved it

qictrk
10-08-09, 11:15 PM
I also removed the crank sensor to put on the belt. I just screwed it back in and started the car right up without any problems. I would hold off taking it in. They are going to have a cow unless you know someone there. Wait, if you can, until you get a hold of Jesse and see what he says. Cecil........

Gary Wells
10-09-09, 05:52 AM
I wouldn't get within 100 miles of a GM *dealer* with those mods on that car. My guess would be that they would not repair it without returning it to stock and then they would blow the whistle on your warranty anyway. Call Jesse at W4Me.

SSideways
10-09-09, 12:59 PM
why would you check how many pounds of boost it makes, knowing your car has codes? you could have just made your situation worst.

CadV
10-09-09, 03:53 PM
LOL SSideways

Are you using a K&N filter? If so put the stock one back in and clean your maf or buy a new one.

I am gonna say this for the last time you better put your car on a ****ing dyno before you start getting on it.

homesite
10-09-09, 08:43 PM
Well, I tried a bunch of things that Jess recommended and the problem is still there. I brought it to the dealer and after they looked at it, they think it has to do with a electronic controller in the tranny, so I guess we will see.

Mikels
10-09-09, 08:47 PM
I also removed the crank sensor to put on the belt. I just screwed it back in and started the car right up without any problems. I would hold off taking it in. They are going to have a cow unless you know someone there. Wait, if you can, until you get a hold of Jesse and see what he says. Cecil........

The crank sensor is on the passenger side rear of the engine block - behind the starter. Cam sensor is in front cover and has wiring that extends downward on driver side to harness connection.

P0101 is MAF sensor performance code.

P1101 is Intake flow system performance.

There is not a P0100 nor a V0101.

Did you remove the induction? Check for any obstructions?

homesite
10-09-09, 08:54 PM
The crank sensor is on the passenger side rear of the engine block - behind the starter. Cam sensor is in front cover and has wiring that extends downward on driver side to harness connection.

P0101 is MAF sensor performance code.

P1101 is Intake flow system performance.

There is not a P0100 nor a V0101.

Did you remove the induction? Check for any obstructions?

I rechecked all connections and had the induction hose off. Jess's programmer is showing P0100 as a code

CadV
10-09-09, 09:08 PM
I rechecked all connections and had the induction hose off. Jess's programmer is showing P0100 as a code

You take that car in with a modded crank pulley you can kiss your warranty good bye.

Mikels is right tear down your induction. If you have a 90mm TB make sure the blade is not catching or just put the stock one back on. Make sure your airbox is sealed and the screws tight. If your using a K&N take it out and put the stock one back in. Take your maf sensor out and go get some cleaner at the auto store and clean it. A dirty MAF will mimic a tranny going out. Go back to stock on your tune and if you have any induction mods. Do not get on the car just cruise with it. Check your belt tension.

Once you get it running good then start adding stuff one by one.

Process of elimination.

This car is a picky bitch.

homesite
10-09-09, 09:18 PM
Everything is stock except for the pulley. The tune is back to stock. TB is stock also. The MAF looks clean to me. I already had it at the dealer and they did not notice the pulley change. I did bring the car home for the weekend and am suppose to bring it back on Monday,

CadV
10-09-09, 09:23 PM
If your not going to take our advice or answer our questions no need to post here.

Take it into the dealership and let them fix it.

My guess is they will replace the tranny sensor and it will not make a difference and then they will start examining your car and find the crank pulley.

The codes are induction codes so the problem is in your induction even if it is stock.

homesite
10-09-09, 09:34 PM
If your not going to take our advice or answer our questions no need to post here.

Take it into the dealership and let them fix it.

My guess is they will replace the tranny sensor and it will not make a difference and then they will start examining your car and find the crank pulley.

The codes are induction codes so the problem is in your induction even if it is stock.

I answered all your questions and appreciate the help.

The intake is stock, not modded and I only have been running the stock filter

I would much rather fix it and not bring it to the dealer

homesite
10-09-09, 09:37 PM
When the car is running, I clear the codes and they come back instantly

Gary Wells
10-09-09, 09:47 PM
homesite, I would like for you to continue posting on the trials and tribulations of your car's repair as I know that I will learn something from it. And I think that others will also. I feel confident that you or somebody else will come up with something that will put your car on the road to recovery. Thanks for keeping up posted.

Gary Wells
10-09-09, 09:51 PM
Probably a dumb question, but aren't there some codes that even though the cause was repaired or went away, and even after clearing the code the codes and SEL light come right back on and remains for so many miles. I know that it is that way on the SEL light, but maybe not the c odes themselves on C5ZO6's.

homesite
10-09-09, 09:52 PM
homesite, I would like for you to continue posting on the trials and tribulations of your car's repair as I know that I will learn something from it. And I think that others will also. I feel confident that you or somebody else will come up with something that will put your car on the road to recovery. Thanks for keeping up posted.

I hope so, I am pretty stressed about it. The install of the pulley setup was very difficult even being done on my lift that I have in my garage and now this problem. I wish I did not have to deal with the dealer, but what do I do?

CadV
10-09-09, 10:00 PM
If your stock box is not modded your car is going to starve for air. The stock box just doesn't allow enough air. I would ask Jessie which airbox (stock, stock modded, or 4" intake) is on your tune.

I bet it is for the stock modded.

homesite
10-09-09, 10:06 PM
Let correct myself,

I have the stock setup, but with the mod cutout under the filter.

Razorecko
10-09-09, 11:11 PM
Let correct myself,

I have the stock setup, but with the mod cutout under the filter.

But you still have the pulley so your motor is still starving. By chance did you remove your maf sensor off of the intake tube ? If so maybe unscrew it a little and make sure there are no obstructions and the maf sensor is sealed /screwed tight on the tube. It might be possible that there is an obstruction on that seal is causing loss of pressurization.

homesite
10-09-09, 11:17 PM
I did remove the air filter cover when doing the mod. I believe I replaced it correctly. I did not touch the MAF, I only unplugged it.

I might have made a huge mistake starting the car with all these things disconnected when I was checking to make sure the belts were on correctly

homesite
10-09-09, 11:51 PM
The car is in a mode now where it is not shifting gears. I believe it is starting in 3rd gear and staying in it.

VetteOwner
10-10-09, 12:57 AM
I don't recall seeing this but did you pull the fuses to see if this resets the codes?

homesite
10-10-09, 07:15 AM
I cleared the codes and they came right back

homesite
10-10-09, 03:57 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions. I would prefer not taking it back to the dealer.

Maybe I need a new ECM?

ctsv5005
10-10-09, 07:46 PM
where do u live homesite?

homesite
10-10-09, 09:15 PM
Fort Lauderdale, FL.

I did what you recommended and drove the car around easy. It still has the same issue. Tranny stays in one gear, I think third. The tranny temp does not give a reading either. Is there any computer connections near the radiator to the transmission?

ctsv5005
10-11-09, 01:43 AM
Remove the pulley and take it to the dealer.

wait4me
10-12-09, 10:34 AM
Just to explain this better..
It just quit working after you changed the pulley correct?

It was working just fine even programming wise before that point right?

Then you just changed the pulley itself and nothing more, and that is when it stopped working? You didnt flash it before you tried it right? So that was the only thing you changed? And it still didnt work right after you flashed it with the update, correct?

I would say maybe you have the UPPER cam sensor wire unplugged maybe? Not the one on the bottom front near the crank, but on the upper one on top of the crank in the front of the cam cover??? I just cant think of anything else it could be? How odd.

homesite
10-12-09, 11:24 AM
I rechecked all connections and they are all connected. I did start the car without having all the connections on to make sure the belts stayed on. I wonder if I fried the computer? The car is at the dealer now.

wait4me
10-12-09, 11:43 AM
How could you fry the computer if you didnt flash it when you tried it at first?

Cadillac Tony
10-12-09, 02:04 PM
I rechecked all connections and they are all connected. I did start the car without having all the connections on to make sure the belts stayed on. I wonder if I fried the computer? The car is at the dealer now.

I sure hope you put the stock pulley back on before taking it in.

lavaman
10-13-09, 04:38 PM
When the car is running, I clear the codes and they come back instantly

Code clearing is done with the key on and engine off.... (not running)

Your solution may be as simple as correctly clearing the codes, although you did say that the car was at the dealer once already. I would hope they tried clearing the codes.