: Headlight

chroemer
10-07-09, 06:44 AM
Hello all,

just bought a used bls wagon 1,9 D few days ago. I need to change a bulp in the left headlight, but i don`t find a way to get there.... Anybody done this before ??

Regards

chroemer
10-08-09, 08:51 AM
:D problem solved...

i had to remove the complete headlight......:mad2:

t4evs
10-08-09, 09:57 AM
How long does it take to remove the whole headlight and how difficult was it?

S70RMP
10-09-09, 07:18 PM
i tried to replace my head lights last year and spent 1 1/2hr trying to remove a headlight by following the instruction book but just couldnt get it out.

when the car was serviced they did the lights for me.

PSCBLS
10-10-09, 05:18 AM
i tried to replace my head lights last year and spent 1 1/2hr trying to remove a headlight by following the instruction book but just couldnt get it out.

when the car was serviced they did the lights for me.

Yeah it's pretty tricky and you have to be a bit 'rougher' with it than I have on previous cars, I was like you spent hours fiddling thinking I didni't want to break it.

The way I've found is this - once remove the top screw, with a flathead screwdriver, just gently place it underneath the plastic arm from where you removed the screw, then twist it so it clicks away from the cars body, then when you go to depress the catch near the grill you have a little more play to get it loose, after-which a slight tug forward and lift out, then loosen the catch where it connects.

A bloody faff but now that I've done it I can do it in record time, which I had to as I placed some 1watt LED side lights in I got from NYC, but didn't have a 'thing' to stop the car thinking a bulb had blown so took them out and use them in the cab.

- If you ever need them doing again I'm only in Chester & I'll do it for you if you want.
I've changed mine for Philips Extreme Power bulbs, best bulbs I've had.

S70RMP
10-10-09, 05:08 PM
I'm on the Phillips Extreme bulbs too !

you might see me down Cheshire Oaks it's a place I'm taken to a lot !