: Does different tire diameter affect ABS, traction or stability control?

clark
10-06-09, 09:38 PM
Hi all, I'm a new STS-V owner. Does anybody know if using a non-stock tire diameter affect any of the computer systems, like ABS, traction control or stability control? If so, would it be ok if both the front and rear tire diameters were changed by the same %? Thanks.

leija_01
10-07-09, 03:06 AM
yeah, it does.
I have 285/35/19 on the rear and before, the traction control would kick in at about 65. I fixed my problem with HPTuners, but I think a tire shop can recallibrate this...

ewill3rd
10-07-09, 06:57 AM
You can change sizes from stock but you have to be sure the circumference of the tires are all the same.
The staggered sizing on the car now still maintains the same overall circumference, the size difference just gives you a wider tire on the back.
If you want to use different sizes just be sure....

ssstealth
10-07-09, 07:49 AM
Does it help to use the tire calibration tool in the nav system setup pages? It says in the manual to run the calibration if you change tire sizes.

ewill3rd
10-07-09, 08:21 AM
That will only help the nav system.

AllGoNShow
11-09-09, 08:03 PM
leija,

What did you change with HPTuners? I am running 1" over stock as with larger wheels the rubber band rubber looks liek crap on a fullsize Cadillac and need to either change my tire size in the computer or just disable some safety features so it will stop interferring.