: Suspension Mode?

PGA2B
10-06-09, 03:35 PM
Is there a Suspension setting on a 2006 STS V? I hope I don't sound stupid, but forgive me if I do. New to the STS V world. I just can't seem to find it in the personal settings menu and why does the book keep saying to use the tuning knob when it does nothing? What am I missing?:hmm:

Gusteve
10-06-09, 03:42 PM
I had the same question on my 2008. I think its the same for 2006. The book talks about adjusting the "magnaride" settings for the suspension. That doesn't exist on the STS-V. All you get is the traction control / stability settings with the button on the console.

Also - all that stuff in the manual about the tuning nob is for STS's that don't have the nav system. All settings are managed through the LCD display on the V's. (Again, I'm assuming that 2006 V's had the nav system)

jedhead
10-06-09, 03:49 PM
The STS-V come with Sachs Shocks which are not adjustable. You could purchase a STS with the magnetic shocks as an option. You can vary the viscosity of the shock fluid with a magnetic field. These type of shocks are now standard on the CTS-V.

Bob

CIWS
10-06-09, 05:03 PM
The STS-V come with Sachs Shocks which are not adjustable. You could purchase a STS with the magnetic shocks as an option. You can vary the viscosity of the shock fluid with a magnetic field. These type of shocks are now standard on the CTS-V.

Bob

:yeah:

PGA2B
10-06-09, 07:40 PM
I had the same question on my 2008. I think its the same for 2006. The book talks about adjusting the "magnaride" settings for the suspension. That doesn't exist on the STS-V. All you get is the traction control / stability settings with the button on the console.

Also - all that stuff in the manual about the tuning nob is for STS's that don't have the nav system. All settings are managed through the LCD display on the V's. (Again, I'm assuming that 2006 V's had the nav system)

Yes the 06 has Nav and LCD.

Tags63
10-06-09, 07:54 PM
Hey Guys!!!

Since you're talking about the suspension mode which I already know that we have none except for the competative mode via t/c button.

I want to know if there are any aftermarket shocks that are firmer then what we already have in the car?? Same question regarding swaybars??

Thanks,
Paul:thumbsup:

Florian
10-06-09, 08:41 PM
STSv has the Nivomats, no? Self levelling bastards that keep us from lowering sucessfully.

D3 in 3.......................2......................1.. ...............

F

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-07-09, 12:03 PM
Yep you could order as set of lowering springs for your V with stiffer rates. Not a 100% solid solution but for now the only one.