: Northstar mechanic on Long Island?

Pete315
10-05-09, 01:49 PM
I 95% sure my 95 Eldo has a blown head gasket. just got car (lucky I got it cheap). overheated on me. topped off antifreeze. idled car for 40 minutes, temp at 215-220. then took for drive with a couple of WOT, still no problem. drove about 15 minutes on parkway and all of a sudden temp just started to raise to over 250+. I shut it down, coolant was coming out overflow tube. was 2 miles from my friends body shop so I dove there and temp came down to about 225. it seems to overheat without any warning at all. I pulled the radiator out and flushed it out, water came out clear with no signs of clogs. I'm going to throw in a new thermostat, maybe that will help. Is there a way to release any air pockets in the cooling system when I refill radiator with antifreeze. I need a N* mechanic to look at car. I have a feeling this car is heading towards EBAY to be parted out.

mikelawson
10-05-09, 05:32 PM
Hey Pete, I know make house calls if you, have or have access to a suitable place to work on it. I have a trip to MA (I'm from KY) planned this weekend, so I could make it by your way if you're interested. I could do it for .35 a mile vs .60 a mile I normally charge. If It's 1200 mile trip for me, so my travel expenses would be $420 plus the $1500 in labor plus parts. Let me know if you're interested and here is my ebay ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Northstar-Head-Gasket-Engine-Repair_W0QQitemZ300330347352QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMot ors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item45ed156b5 8&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Mike.

Pete315
10-05-09, 11:43 PM
private message sent.

97DevilleBeige
10-06-09, 01:07 AM
I don't mean to harm Mike's business, but I went through a head gasket failure in Long Island as well. I thought I had it done at a dealership, but I later found out the dealership took my car and subbed the job out to a place called "Motor Works." In case your arrangement with Mike doesn't work out, I suggest you look them up, they seem to have a good reputation.

Pete315
10-06-09, 02:16 PM
thanks