: Cash4Clunkers took 828 casualties

CateraMV6
10-04-09, 03:28 AM
Total of 828 Cateras... saw death during this "insert your own word here" event...

And that makes me sad! :rant2: :alchi:

2001 - 113
2000 - 185
1999 - 179
1998 - 351
1997 - 0 :suspect:

:banghead: I hope the replacement vehicles make their owners happy. :cookoo:

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab263/MV6Catera/500x_Cars_Trade_In_011.jpg

R-Caddy
10-04-09, 02:41 PM
Ha ha :D Zero 97s because I kept both of mine :p Stupid those that traded their 2000-2001s. No need to trade a Catera, unless:
3. You're drunk and don't know what the hell you're doing...
:)

Army_MP_From_MO
10-04-09, 02:54 PM
The Catera is getting closer to it's rare status! :)

CateraMV6
10-04-09, 06:26 PM
Well it made me sad not so much because they were traded but because of the fact that they poured silica sand in the engine after draining the oil and they ran those poor 3 Liters until their hearts stopped beating... and judging by how well my car runs at 136K I guess it was a slow and painful death...

More rare you say huh... ? I guess I can ask more money for mine then!...LOL :alchi: :rolleyes:

So thanks to KBB :rant2: I can get around 3 grand... I wont let people lay eyes on her for that kind of money...
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n50/CateraMV6/DSC03622.jpg

Black02SLPSS
10-05-09, 01:23 PM
That is such a WASTE. Even for the cars that werent cateras. When i heard that they were filling the engines with that sand i thought that was about the dumbest thing ever.

TitanCTS
10-07-09, 12:41 PM
143K miles and my car still kicks some ass... The cash for clunkers was the dumbest idea of the US government besides everything else that they've done... Think about it for a second, They took peoples good working cars that were payed off, gave them some money to buy a new car that does the same thing their PAYED off car does and puts people who are trying to get out of debt right BACK into debt, on top of that they destroy very USEFUL automobiles that could have been given to charities or low income families or stripped for parts.. But no, instead they destroy the cars so no one else can use it.. So much for Obama's yes we can campaign.. BTW.. Yes we can pronounced backwards says Thank you Satan... :) Food for thought..

Matera97
10-07-09, 10:45 PM
Yeah, the 1997's were zero because they are rated for better fuel consumption than its successors..lol

Black02SLPSS
10-08-09, 01:25 PM
143K miles and my car still kicks some ass... The cash for clunkers was the dumbest idea of the US government besides everything else that they've done... Think about it for a second, They took peoples good working cars that were payed off, gave them some money to buy a new car that does the same thing their PAYED off car does and puts people who are trying to get out of debt right BACK into debt, on top of that they destroy very USEFUL automobiles that could have been given to charities or low income families or stripped for parts.. But no, instead they destroy the cars so no one else can use it.. So much for Obama's yes we can campaign.. BTW.. Yes we can pronounced backwards says Thank you Satan... :) Food for thought..

Very good sir. I think the new is wearing off of him and he is no the "savior" that everyone thought he was going to be. Ah well, only a few more years and we can get some new idiot in office.

TitanCTS
10-08-09, 02:59 PM
I don't think in a few more years there will be an america left... It'll be the New World Order of America.. and no it's not a conspiracy.. that sh*t is true.. all the signs are around us.. and yet we continue to let it happen.. Btw Obama is bush's 11th cousin... :)

CateraMV6
10-08-09, 05:17 PM
Btw Obama is bush's 11th cousin... :)

You gotta be shittin me... they tricked us again.. :rant2:

libbysman
10-10-09, 12:28 AM
Hello All: I never see any Cateras around the Vancouver area, but my 97 gets lots of odd stares like " what the hell is that?". She's got 178K and goes like stink. Yes it's a shame what they've done to such a COOOOL Caddy. Keep the faith and enjoy them while we can. All those good parts gone to waste. " The horrror, oh the horrror". Regards, Brian

CateraMV6
10-10-09, 02:25 AM
Mine just skipped over 137K and I hope I can push it to 200k before I buy me an RS6 AUDI

TitanCTS
10-10-09, 09:47 PM
RS6 huh..?? One of my favorite cars... EXCEPT... that car is a maintenance pig and a half.... T-belt every 30k, DRC suspension issues, but now thats taken care of with a new recall that came out a few months ago.. Transmission issues if you work it too much... $1,500 just for front brakes.. Plus many more..! Compared to the RS6 as far as issues.. the catera is an angel... :)

CateraMV6
10-11-09, 03:22 PM
Its going to come down to either that... or AUDI S8 (revious generation)

The other cars I am thinking about are M5, CTS-V or a GTO.

I think all of them fall in the 20K range... well except the RS6... that might push the limits a bit.

TitanCTS
10-12-09, 10:03 PM
You have the same taste in cars as I do... but for me I believe after the Catera will be a STS-V... :)

CateraMV6
10-13-09, 05:58 AM
You have the same taste in cars as I do... but for me I believe after the Catera will be a STS-V... :)

I never quite took a good look at the STS-V, that car just always truck me as something a bit more mature, not quite s wild as the other ones but I think I may have a peek!

guardian
10-15-09, 06:07 PM
Total of 828 Cateras... saw death during this "insert your own word here" event...

And that makes me sad! :rant2: :alchi:

2001 - 113
2000 - 185
1999 - 179
1998 - 351
1997 - 0 :suspect:

:banghead: I hope the replacement vehicles make their owners happy. :cookoo:

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab263/MV6Catera/500x_Cars_Trade_In_011.jpg

This news is disgusting, disturbing, and make me want to throw up. Destroying all these Cats, and realizing that under the rules of the program they all were RUNNING, is completely nuts!

I don't recognize this country any more. So many of the things going on are against all reason. Today they voted to bring all the Gitmo terrorists into the USA. The people running things are terminally stupid. Unfortunately, I could be the one who end up being terminated.:eek:

CateraMV6
10-15-09, 10:59 PM
I am not letting go of mine even if they paid me for it... its too good of a car for me.

I have owned a brand new econobox before that gave me a ton more problems even though it was under warranty... not to mention all the damage the dealer did to it while completing those "free" repairs.

eastsidercaddy
10-18-09, 11:35 PM
WELL SHIT. THERE GOES 828 OTHER VEHICLES THAT COULD HAVE BEEN USED FOR PARTS. Were they all crushed or what? That's pure bullshit they DESTROY them. Damn that makes me angry. That also means that junkyards arent going to be getting them IF they are crushed. Fabulous. It's great because i need a new MAF, HCV, and some other things, right about NOW. That just put me in a bad mood. Ha, no '97s!! :alchi::rant2::bighead::bighead::bighead: