: Bushings and Ball Joints!!

jjhammer
10-03-09, 08:39 PM
My brother in law (mechanic) just installed new control arm bushings and ball joints on my 2000 catera with 70,000 miles on it. He could find nothing wrong with them other than the ball joints might have had a little play in them. Before, when I would go over a bump my front end would shake and make you think there was something seriously wrong. Now it is nice and tight and runs very smoothy. I could not believe the difference!! Maybe it is these terrible Michigan roads. LOL

CateraMV6
10-04-09, 02:31 AM
Should improve your tire wear as well... when the bushings are worn out the toe changes and as a result wears tires under braking or steering loads... etc.

Where in mich are you?

I been itching for a get together with a few of the Michigan members... Myself Fred and a one other members are in the Detroit area... see where I am going with this?

jjhammer
10-04-09, 07:35 PM
Living here in Troy, very near to Detroit. Let me know if you guys are getting together.

CateraMV6
10-05-09, 12:10 AM
Will do... hope the weather can get nice in the next week or two and we can all figure out a nice place to stop and hang out a bit...