: HP Tuners or EFI Live - What's the best for tuning

Gary Wells
10-03-09, 04:05 PM
Everything else being equal - What's the best program for an experienced tuner setting up our cars - EFI Live of HP Tuners - Cost of each one is the same. This will be on a Dynopac dyno.

musclesbmf
10-05-09, 08:43 AM
I know you said "all else being equal" but the best thing is the knowledge of the tuner. Especially when it comes to LS motors and supercharging. I would pick the tuner over the software any day.

Mark

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-05-09, 09:21 AM
Go EFI Live.... I have HPTuners and for basic changes its good. |For more advanced tuning EFI hands down. HPTuners doesn't do VVT (valve timing) for one thing.

If I had to do it again I would get EFI Live. Im not that impressed with HPT or their tech support..

Florian
10-05-09, 10:03 AM
EFILive has always worked for me....my best bud uses HPT and I think you get more for your $$s with EFIL.

F

wait4me
10-05-09, 10:40 AM
Im biased, but EFIlive is my choice 100%.

It does to alot more than the others.

PSRmark
10-05-09, 05:57 PM
Everything else being equal - What's the best program for an experienced tuner setting up our cars - EFI Live of HP Tuners - Cost of each one is the same. This will be on a Dynopac dyno.

If you are going through D3, shawn has EFI live and HP, both he and I agree that the EFI live software is the way to go...he is one of the top tuners in CA and he has all of my respect....