: 95 Eldo headgaskets?

Pete315
10-02-09, 06:39 PM
engine temp has been eractic. at idle car would run about 215, then go up to 230 then drop back down. today on highway, temp went all the way up to engine hot. turned on heat and got cold air. I have an obvious air pocket in cooling system. I'm assuming I have a blown head gasket. when it was running hot, I was getting anti freeze dripping out overflow tube.

Submariner409
10-02-09, 07:16 PM
Take it to a local radiator shop and have the airspace over the coolant in the surge or radiator tank tested for exhaust gasses, then kiss your credit card.

Your login is a bit misleading: No Cadillac, but it overheats ???

Pete315
10-02-09, 11:23 PM
I just bought this car 2 weeks ago. was in minor accident but got all parts to fix. I got car to friends body shop. when car cooled down, I took off radiator cap and started car. I saw antifreeze in coolant jar but decided to top off. took almost 2 quarts. I ran car and temp never went over 217. was running about 205-210. is this normal temp? hopefully, I was just low. car has great power, smooth idle, and has no white smoke out tail pipes. and now after adding antifreeze, I get plenty of heat. I;ll keep my fingers crossed.

Ranger
10-03-09, 12:01 AM
205-215 is normal operating temperature.

zonie77
10-03-09, 12:21 AM
You do have the classic symptoms of leaking HG's, overheating at load being a big one. Get the coolant tested. Do not add coolant just before test.