: No rainsensor on 2010 CTS-V??

Sorentj
10-02-09, 10:44 AM
Just got a new CTS-V - great car. But much to my suprise there is no rainsensor on the car??
Dealer says that rain sensor does not come on any 2010 CTS or CTS-V??
I suspect that somehow they did not get it on when producing the car?
Anybody who knows for sure??

Sorentj

Z06ified
10-02-09, 11:24 AM
I'm pretty sure they discontinued the rain sense wipers for the 2010's. It's not listed as a feature or an option in the 2010 brochure. I had heard about this a few months ago too.

jzchen
10-02-09, 11:52 AM
Are you sure? I don't like the sound of this at all!!!

Cadillac's website shows nothing on the 2010 version yet so... How did you get a 2010 brochure?

TIA

Z06ified
10-02-09, 12:03 PM
Are you sure? I don't like the sound of this at all!!!

Cadillac's website shows nothing on the 2010 version yet so... How did you get a 2010 brochure?

TIA

My dealer had a 2010 brochure when I went in to order my car. GM is slow with their website.

Vrocks
10-02-09, 12:12 PM
Rainsense is gone for the 2010 CTS-V.

tedcmiller
10-02-09, 12:37 PM
One more reason to like the 2009 CTS-V. It does have the rain sensor feature and it works well.

neuronbob
10-02-09, 01:03 PM
Too bad it's gone for the 2010s, it does work reasonably well.

GM-4-LIFE
10-02-09, 03:08 PM
I would actually prefer NOT to have the rainsense feature.

I like being able to control the wipers myself.

If GM takes my lemon 2009 CTS-V back and I can lease a 2010 CTS-V, I will be one happy camper because I don't like the rainsense feature.

Can you tell me if they got rid of the headlamp washers on the front bumper? I hope they got rid of that feature as well.

SG

ctsv5005
10-02-09, 04:24 PM
No rain sense and head lamp washer for the 2010 V.

Jpjr
10-02-09, 04:25 PM

If GM takes my lemon 2009 CTS-V back and I can lease a 2010 CTS-V, I will be one happy camper because I don't like the rainsense feature.

Can you tell me if they got rid of the headlamp washers on the front bumper? I hope they got rid of that feature as well.

SG

You can still control them manually right?

Things are slowly starting to make sense...

Every dealer I spoke to said this is the first time they can remember that a car did not increase in price for the new model year.

It looks like they kept the price the same and are still making more money because they cut a few costly features and the warranty coverage.

mik2718
10-02-09, 04:29 PM
You can still control them manually right?

Yes. You can turn the feature off (handy for driving through a carwash) or you can manually set whatever wiper speed you prefer.

GM-4-LIFE
10-02-09, 05:38 PM
No rain sense and head lamp washer for the 2010 V.

GOOD! I never liked either feature. If you activate your washer fluid, the headlamp washers spray like crazy everywhere and I always hated that!

SG

09BlackV
10-02-09, 05:53 PM

SG

Sorry to hear to got a lemon V, what was the problem?

4gear70
10-02-09, 06:38 PM

SG

I have and use the rainsense feature and I think it works great. It's an excellent addition to the car. It's better than any regular intermittent wiper system... especially for areas of the country that get lots of changing rain patterns from slight mist to heavy downpour.
You can also use the wipers in manual control if you prefer.

Caroutisine
10-02-09, 07:46 PM
What I don't like about the rainsense feature is the way it sends the wipers in to their fastest motion all of the sudden when the rain picks up. I almost never use the fastest setting on the wipers, but rainsense seems to go from delay wiping, right into the fast wipe. So basically, I wouldn't miss it on the 2010.

mik2718
10-02-09, 08:03 PM
What I don't like about the rainsense feature is the way it sends the wipers in to their fastest motion all of the sudden when the rain picks up. I almost never use the fastest setting on the wipers, but rainsense seems to go from delay wiping, right into the fast wipe. So basically, I wouldn't miss it on the 2010.

It doesn't behave that way on my '09 V. It speeds up and slows down as the perceived rain intensity changes, but there appear to be multiple intermediate speeds. On occasion, I've manually set the speed when RainSense didn't speed up as much, as quickly, as I wanted.

OldRoadDawg
10-02-09, 08:32 PM

It doesn't behave that way on my '09 V. It speeds up and slows down as the perceived rain intensity changes, but there appear to be multiple intermediate speeds. On occasion, I've manually set the speed when RainSense didn't speed up as much, as quickly, as I wanted.
I spent all afternoon driving around in varying rain patterns. Sometimes the RainSense mode seems to have a mind of its own. I'd play around with the delay interval settings, but sometimes the wipers are going at max and there is hardly anything on the windshield and later the windshield is covered with rain and I have to nudge the wipers into taking a swipe. Weird?

I like the feature... sort of, but could live without it.

thatcoder
10-02-09, 08:46 PM
My V doesn't see rain, so it doesn't matter to me.

OldRoadDawg
10-02-09, 08:57 PM
My V doesn't see rain, so it doesn't matter to me.
Mine won't see snow, but in my neck of the woods if you don't like the weather - wait 10 min and it will change. Just about impossible to avoid getting caught in the wet stuff from time to time.

pj911
10-02-09, 11:07 PM
I have only had my V a week, and it has rained 5 out of the 7 days! I have been very impressed with how well the rain sensor wipers work. I think they work great, much better than on my Cayenne S that I traded for the V. With the Porsche there was a 'sensitivity' adjustment which I frequently had to fudge with. On the V the wipers always come on at the right time and and at the appropriate speed.

jzchen
10-02-09, 11:49 PM
No headlight washers and less warranty? Does anyone mind to enlighten me as to what the new warranty is? Thanks!