: Leasing Launched

Bigron
10-01-09, 05:36 PM
I just heard today both US Bank and GMAC are leasing 2010 CTS-V's.
Figured I would pass along the info.

Don't ask me for details because I like my job too much to risk it.

DrewDog
10-01-09, 06:55 PM
Could we have some details? :)

neuronbob
10-01-09, 07:12 PM
U.S. Bank was offering terrible rates earlier this year for leasing 2009s. I briefly considered leasing a lease though my business but quickly realized that it would be less expensive to purchase with a behemoth down payment.

If GMAC is leasing, too, maybe with a little competition the lease deals will improve.

bzabodyn
10-01-09, 07:41 PM
Lease rates usually get better after the first year of production with a car like this (that has shown, up until recently, that it holds a strong value)... This would possibly cause me to want to lease a 2010 vs buy an '09 (for business reasons) - a three year term would also (hopefully) coincide nicely with the debut of the Vagen! (what I REALLY want!)

BZ

Krug Ford
10-01-09, 09:35 PM
they did come out with a program I have not run the numbers yet.. I will on Friday.

GM-4-LIFE
10-02-09, 03:10 PM
Scott,

I am really curious to see what the lease payments look like compared to how much I am paying on a purchase.

SG

GMX322V S/C
10-02-09, 08:56 PM
During idle chat with my dealer today, he said he sold his first 2010 CTS-V; said it was a lease, $1,500/month. No other details, sorry. (only reason it was topical is it's the same color as mine).

Jpjr
10-02-09, 11:42 PM
for the first time in history it looks like gm will overshoot a residual value. that is pretty tough to do on a V (quite possibly the worst resids of any GM vehicle line in history). point = financing payments are much less than that.

thatcoder
10-03-09, 10:28 AM
1500/mth for a V? No way.

Rolex
10-03-09, 11:15 AM
:yeah: :bonkers:

liqidvenom
10-03-09, 12:23 PM
i guess if your company is footing the bill it might be easier to swallow

abbas
10-05-09, 01:49 AM
I was told of $1300 lease for a 09 thru US Bank. That was horrible. It was the same as leasing a $85-90k German car. Business wise a lease is a better deal for me but I would hate to be screwed over so I bought it instead.

Bigron
10-05-09, 09:51 AM
Yeah the rates are "competive" from what I am told, but I don't think there is the strong residual support that GM once provided to buy down customer payments.

I just said I would let people know once I saw that it was green lit.

Jpjr
10-05-09, 11:48 AM
Yeah the rates are "competive" from what I am told, but I don't think there is the strong residual support that GM once provided to buy down customer payments.

I just said I would let people know once I saw that it was green lit.

I am sure they are competitive, but you hit the nail on the head. GMAC has lost their behind on incentive leasing via artifically high residual values.

For some reason though, I think the V2 resid will fare a slight bit better. I guess my reasoning has less to do with bargain (if it was such a great bargain sales would be higher) and more to do with my suspicion that this could be the last gen of street monster cars from GM, concluding with the wagon/coupe and Z28.

We will always have the Corvette. But, the ZR1 proved that there is little they can do to the current platform (i.e., ZR1 clearly has diminishing returns from the extra power compared to Z06) until they change the platform to mid-engine which has already been scrapped for at least the next ten years.

brillantmistake
10-27-09, 06:39 PM
Anyone leased a 2010 CTS-V yet?

I got a quote for around $1000/mo on CTS-V (MSRP 70,540) with Recaro seats for 36-month lease, <$5000 down payment, and 49% residual value (excluding sales tax). Any reactions to terms: high, low, about right?

GM-4-LIFE
10-27-09, 07:01 PM
I got a GMAC lease quote that was less than that.

2010 CTS-V with $5K down, 36 month lease term with 12K miles per year came out to roughly: $750.00 plus tax per month.

The rate you got must have been with the car at MSRP.

SG

Roupin
10-28-09, 12:52 AM

2010 CTS-V with $5K down, 36 month lease term with 12K miles per year came out to roughly: $750.00 plus tax per month.

SG

That's actually an amazing deal. Just made this lurker happy :thumbsup:

Stingray23
10-28-09, 01:33 AM

SG

Be alittle more specific on your deal. Options? price? residual? Money factor? dealer?

abbas
10-28-09, 03:07 AM

SG

That is an awesome deal. Almost wish I had waited for this option vs purchasing mine. Hind sight is always 100%.

Florian
10-28-09, 12:00 PM
Still waiting for the coupe.....

F

GM-4-LIFE
10-28-09, 01:13 PM
MSRP was: $69,940.00 but lease quote was based on GMS which was: $63,407.35.

Car is a fully loaded thundergray 2010 CTS-V, auto trans, recaros, interior wood package, polished wheels, but NO SUNROOF.

This was a GMAC lease quote. 36 months, 12K miles per year with $5K total drive-off. If they offered 10K miles per year, I would take that because I don't drive more than 10K miles per year, but I was told that GMAC only offers 12K miles per year right now.

I am sure Scott at Superior can chime in and get you guys some concrete numbers. The rate is an approximation based on the equipment chosen and it may be a bit lower or higher, but the figure is very accurate. Also, keep in mind that the lease programs change from month to month, so it may get better over time since GMAC just got back into leasing. I hope it doesn't get worse.

SG

flyingv
10-28-09, 02:20 PM
CTS-V-TWIN,
Where did you get that quote from? Was it a local dealership? I'm trying to off load my STS-V and getting into a lease for that amount would be awesome. I'm tired of being upside down on these cars three years into them. I'm just over in Burbank so I'm local. Let me know.
Thanks,
B

GM-4-LIFE
10-28-09, 02:29 PM
CTS-V-TWIN,
Where did you get that quote from? Was it a local dealership? I'm trying to off load my STS-V and getting into a lease for that amount would be awesome. I'm tired of being upside down on these cars three years into them. I'm just over in Burbank so I'm local. Let me know.
Thanks,
B

It was NOT a local stealer. These local idiots want MSRP on the car. Call Scott at Superior. He is a forum dealer and can hook you up.

SG

First Class Motoring
10-29-09, 03:41 PM
MSRP was: $69,940.00 but lease quote was based on GMS which was: $63,407.35.

Car is a fully loaded thundergray 2010 CTS-V, auto trans, recaros, interior wood package, polished wheels, but NO SUNROOF.

This was a GMAC lease quote. 36 months, 12K miles per year with $5K total drive-off. If they offered 10K miles per year, I would take that because I don't drive more than 10K miles per year, but I was told that GMAC only offers 12K miles per year right now.

I am sure Scott at Superior can chime in and get you guys some concrete numbers. The rate is an approximation based on the equipment chosen and it may be a bit lower or higher, but the figure is very accurate. Also, keep in mind that the lease programs change from month to month, so it may get better over time since GMAC just got back into leasing. I hope it doesn't get worse.

SG

I find it hard to believe that Gmac would lease it for $750 a month.

Where did you get that quote from???

GM-4-LIFE
10-29-09, 03:54 PM
I find it hard to believe that Gmac would lease it for $750 a month.

Where did you get that quote from???

Again, call Scott at Superior and he will get you a quote similar.

The quote I got was roughly $750-$780 per month PLUS TAX with $5K down on a 36 month GMAC lease term. GMAC is back in leasing now.

Remember that the monthly payment will depend on the way the vehicle is equipped, amount of cash you put down and what discount you receive from the selling dealership. The monthly payment may vary.

SG

GM-4-LIFE
10-29-09, 05:51 PM
I will check and verify the numbers just to make sure there wasn't an error.

Thanks!

SG

Jpjr
10-29-09, 06:11 PM
I will check and verify the numbers just to make sure there wasn't an error.

Thanks!

SG

I would be extremely surprised if that was for the V2 and not the base CTS. To me that implies (assuming a below market APR) a residual of well over $30k for a V2 with 36,000 miles. If they are doing that then everyone here should buy a second V2 for their wife.

First Class Motoring
10-30-09, 01:23 AM
I would be extremely surprised if that was for the V2 and not the base CTS. To me that implies (assuming a below market APR) a residual of well over $30k for a V2 with 36,000 miles. If they are doing that then everyone here should buy a second V2 for their wife.

My thought exactly,I did search around for a lease price and the best I got was $5k 42months $1100+tx a month with 12k a year.

Hell,Z06's are going for about the same as the V2 and they are giving like $10-15k off msrp.