: Brake Pads "Ceramic"

Mikevette
09-30-09, 07:25 PM
Hey guys

Were can a V owner who is tired of the brake dust build up purchase front/rear set of ceramic pads? I tried a month ago and still didn't receive my pads so I canceled my order. Any insight on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Mike P. :cool2:

Nutz
09-30-09, 11:35 PM
:food-snacking:

zman1
10-01-09, 10:59 AM
Yeah i did the same thing..........i ordered them through tire rack in July and they were supposed to be here in august...then september...then october....i canceled my order as well. i mean don't say things are available then keep pushing them back and not telling anyone why or what is going on.

rjoffe
10-01-09, 11:27 AM
Guys, try giving Luke a call at Lindsay, he has direct access to Hawk, and may be able to get you what you need.

Ron

GM-4-LIFE
10-01-09, 11:28 AM
I am keeping mine on order until they get to me. Hawk makes an awesome pad. They are coming guys. Just be patient. There isn't another option on the market as of yet, so don't cancel those orders.

I am going to email the contact I have at Hawk to inquire as to when he thinks they may ship them from the factory.

SG

Mikevette
10-01-09, 09:17 PM
Sounds good AERO1 , I'll wait for what i want! Keep me in the loop with these pads and any updates on there delivery.

Thanks

Mike P.

nradcad
10-02-09, 04:33 PM
what is the stock pad?

GM-4-LIFE
10-02-09, 06:32 PM
Sounds good AERO1 , I'll wait for what i want! Keep me in the loop with these pads and any updates on there delivery.

Thanks

Mike P.

I emailed Todd over at Hawk and he said they are in the process of making the rear brake pad backing plates and they should have the brake pads available soon. I guess the rear is a whole new brake caliper part number and the front was an existing brake system, so that is why they have the fronts available and the rears are delayed.

Hang in there guys.

SG

nradcad
10-02-09, 08:32 PM
again, anyone know the material in the stock pad?

Silver -V-
10-04-09, 05:24 PM
nradcad - the stock pads are an organic carbon pad from Brembo, but only available fron GM parts. Hawk's HP+ and HPS Carbon pads are almost ready to ship, and have part numbers iddued as well as their Ceramic pad.

nradcad
10-04-09, 09:29 PM
organic carbon???? huh..what the heck is that. Isn't all carbon organic? :)

SlvrBullIT
10-04-09, 10:12 PM
organic carbon???? huh..what the heck is that. Isn't all carbon organic? :)

Inorganic carbon is carbon derived from non-organic material (carbonate). Organic carbon is derived from living material.

Baxman
10-04-09, 11:09 PM
I'm confused. I've heard of ceramic rotors, but not pads. How is that possible?

nradcad
10-04-09, 11:10 PM
ahhh....thanks. makes sense. So are the Vs brake pads considered carbon ceramic?

nradcad
10-06-09, 01:16 AM
I would have figured the Vs brakes would have been semi-metallic, but who knows.

SlvrBullIT
10-06-09, 01:52 AM
I would have figured the Vs brakes would have been semi-metallic, but who knows.

BAM ask and ye shall recieve....

Brembo co-cast brakes for CTS-V (http://www.brembo.com/US/Cars/Dual-Cast/)

Cast iron and Aluminium...

Flavoade
10-06-09, 02:20 AM
O'reily and Autozone do not sell Carbon Ceramic brake pads for the V2?

nradcad
10-06-09, 02:41 PM
that seems to be the rotor construction, but not a description of the pads. If someone had to classify the brakes on the CTS-V (pads) would they classify them as carbon ceramic?

Silver -V-
10-06-09, 05:59 PM
If you were to classify the OEM pads on the car like at an auto parts supply - Semi Metallic.