: stage 2 sts-v upgrade

VforVictory
09-30-09, 03:02 PM
Anyone have the stage 2 d3 sts-v upgrade? what kind of power is it putting out?

Florian
09-30-09, 05:05 PM
jpjr had it.....I think there may be one other...

F

Jpjr
10-01-09, 05:51 AM
I never actually ran the stage 2 due to temporary living in an apartment and not having the time to put all my stuff in before I sold the car. Basically I bought the part for a lot of money and sold it for a lot less lol.

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-01-09, 01:41 PM
lucky me. I got it for a lot less price. But I think JPJR sent it via pack mule. Sent it on 9-28 and is on time shipped for a Oct 5th delivery.... :-)

silverws6ta
10-01-09, 06:32 PM
lucky me. I got it for a lot less price. But I think JPJR sent it via pack mule. Sent it on 9-28 and is on time shipped for a Oct 5th delivery.... :-)

LoL!! Thats definitely 'What brown CAN'T do for you' -- :)

Jpjr
10-04-09, 02:53 PM

you got my stuff for less than half what i paid and are getting it in the exact same condition. hope you enjoy the pipes.

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-05-09, 08:36 AM
Package is out for delivery today. Sweet. I'll be putting it on today and loading the race tune as well. That should wake her up..

bobz74
10-05-09, 09:59 AM
Package is out for delivery today. Sweet. I'll be putting it on today and loading the race tune as well. That should wake her up..

"Race tune" :thumbsup: Keep us posted!!!

VforVictory
10-05-09, 03:27 PM
Anyone else selling a stage 2 upgrade? ...anyone have it on the vehicle..happy with performance?

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-05-09, 04:37 PM
willySTS is selling stage 1

PSRmark
10-05-09, 06:53 PM
Anyone else selling a stage 2 upgrade? ...anyone have it on the vehicle..happy with performance?

I've installed many of the stage 2 upgrades on completely stock vehicles and boy what a night and day difference...totally worth it! I say go for it. just make sure the "tuner" knows what they are doing with the Northstar...you would be surprised on how many that don't.

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-06-09, 11:33 AM
UMMMMM!!!! YEAH!!!!!! I installed the stage 1 and stage 2 intakes today..... Normal light foot driving isn't too bad.. Half to full throttle UMMMMM!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!! its freekin LOUD!!! People definately look over.

I had removed the barrels on the stock intake for about a year now and it took 3/4 to full throttle to hear it so that is how I drove most of the time. NOW I am going to have to reverse that thinking. 1/4 around town will do it now. So I guess I should save gas now.

I'll keep you posted on the wife factor as she hasn't driven in it or driven it yet. I know I will never open it up with her in the car... Just not a good idea.

Next step is to load the max tune and see how much gain all the mods get together. Initial stock tune thoughts is an improved low end throttle response.

CIWS
10-06-09, 11:41 AM
Yeah the stage 2 just had too much S/C whine for me, despite any HP gains it provided.

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-07-09, 01:26 AM
Well the wife drove the car all day today and never said anything. I asked if she noticed the "new air filter" I installed and she didn't notice. She must have a very soft foot. We drove to the U2 concert tonight in the car and she heard it when I drove the car but never really said anything.

I never went over 4k with using less than 1/2 throttle so the sound only tipped in every now and then.

I think I'll leave Stage 1 & 2 installed

CIWS
10-07-09, 08:01 AM
(off topic) How was the concert ?

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-07-09, 12:08 PM
Excellent! Well worth gong to see them. I am not a big U2 fan but my neighbor had extra tkts so we went. Bono is a bit political but not to the extent of being offending. At least his political point of view is really for the oppressed, which I can respect. And he does put his money where his mouth is. So I may not agree with him supporting Obama I do support him raising awareness of the kids of Dar Four (sp?), the jailed president of Burmah, Etc.

But it was a great sounding concert..

Jpjr
10-07-09, 09:34 PM
Well the wife drove the car all day today and never said anything. I asked if she noticed the "new air filter" I installed and she didn't notice. She must have a very soft foot. We drove to the U2 concert tonight in the car and she heard it when I drove the car but never really said anything.

I never went over 4k with using less than 1/2 throttle so the sound only tipped in every now and then.

I think I'll leave Stage 1 & 2 installed

Wow! Dude you got the pipes like a few days ago and are already flossin' them. Glad you are happy with them and it sounds like the wife does not disapprove.

kehock
10-09-09, 10:39 PM
as a newbie sts v owner i just have to ask, what exactly is a stage1 and stage2 upgrade?

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-10-09, 01:08 AM
complete intake replacement. one replaces the Y pipe and the other replaces the stock airbox and filter.

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-10-09, 01:09 AM
the stock intake system is very restrictive to keep blower whine down.

CIWS
10-10-09, 09:57 AM
as a newbie sts v owner i just have to ask, what exactly is a stage1 and stage2 upgrade?

Stage 1 replaces the stock engine air filter and pipe. Stage 2 replaces the stock Y pipe that connects between the engine air filter/MAF and the actual intake on the backside of the engine.

the stock intake system is very restrictive to keep blower whine down.

:yeah:

Here's D3s with the intakes on, should give you an idea of the additional whine when it's not being restricted.

YouTube - STS-V Testing