: Blender's worst 50 songs list...

tru504187211
07-30-04, 12:48 AM
http://www.blender.com/articles/article_786.html Idiots down there at Blender! I own a bunch of those albums...is it ironic the first time I looked at this link, I was listening to #27 and thinking it was a GREAT song?? Any of your favorite songs or groups make the list?

illumina
07-30-04, 01:04 AM
WTF, the doors rule, and they attack them!!! what a bunch of asswipes. these guys attack alot of those good'ol 80's songs too, when they know the songs were hits.

illumina's primary rule # 1: don't **** with the doors!
:want:

BTW tru, "the final countdown" rocks!

gothicaleigh
07-30-04, 09:48 AM
That horrible 'Picture' song with Kid Rock didn't make the list? I hate that thing...

Also what are the Beatles doing on there? I don't think they ever made a bad song.

I am also relieved that NIN didn't make the list, because I had a bad feeling that 'Closer' would appear.

RBraczyk
07-30-04, 09:59 AM
WTF, rollin is like the only good limp bizkit song. F blender.

Stoneage_Caddy
07-30-04, 10:32 AM
Blender ? looking over the songs i realize they have no idea what good music is , the same group of people that put chritine aguleria on there cover. I also realized that the magazine is named after the place where you want to put it after reading page 1 as the toilet is too good for this floating peice of defication

gothicaleigh
07-30-04, 10:46 AM

"...and the people rollin' in the Caddys."

Not a huge fan, though any song that gives a shout out to Cadillac scores points from me. Yeah, I'm kinda shallow like that... :p
I actually bought that album because of all the NIN references...

Did you notice just how many songs were from the last few years?
Either that speaks volumes about the direction that music has been heading (which I agree with) or it shows that Blender's writers/editors are rather short-sighted.

Also, I could point out a few piles of steaming poo on the radio at this moment that would make everything on that list look like gold.

illumina
07-30-04, 07:52 PM
i dont want to start a flame war here with anyone, but i agree with gothic on the matter that the majority of music as of the past 5 years SUCKS! what i here on the radio is the primary cause for this. everything from metal to hip-hop has taken a back seat into a mid-70's brown dodge with undetermined mileage (insert al bundys car here). for instance, there is NO identity for a lot of the music that is out now. everything is about the same damn party we all already know about. one artist comes up with a decent tune, and the next thing you know there is a whole slew of re-mixes that water down a once good peice of music and makes that song amount to :vomit: ! and the other thing is, that you will hear a top 40 song AT LEAST 5 times in a given 2 hour period. and then you have to contend with 5 minutes of advertisements before you get another set of 3 cool songs. you know what i say? i say to hell with it, lets start an inspirational music listening kick! that way we will be asleep when the 10th installment of the same song plays yet again, crash and burn so we dont have to put up with another pansy remix of a once good song. :rant2:

Caddy Man
07-30-04, 07:56 PM
i like that song also...but look at the lyrics you have to admit it is pretty stupid.

Stoneage_Caddy
07-30-04, 07:59 PM
your points are why i dont listen to radio , havent listend to radio in a year and a half . Before that i hardly did as brittney, the backstreet childern drove me away and everyone else on the radio lost there soul . The end of the good music era happend when hoote and a blowfish came out , even metallica tried to emulate them .

Clearchannel was the last straw , they bought 90% of the Popular FM stations here and did research to determine that when a commerical comes on we change stations , now all stations go to commerical break at the same time , for 5-10 minutes at a time there is nothing but commercails across the dial . Then they axed all forms of the great american phenonena known as the shock jock.

illumina
07-30-04, 08:04 PM
yeah, howard stern rocks!!!

Msilva954
07-30-04, 09:32 PM
Am I the only one who thinks #8 "Party all the time" by Eddie Murphy is O.K.......I never got why it sucked so much.

tru504187211
07-30-04, 10:07 PM
Am I the only one who thinks #8 "Party all the time" by Eddie Murphy is O.K.......I never got why it sucked so much.

More than OK...it made my 'Extreme 80's Vol. 2' Mixtape...

Msilva954
07-31-04, 12:02 AM
More than OK...it made my 'Extreme 80's Vol. 2' Mixtape...
My thoughts exactly.

Ralph
07-31-04, 01:18 AM
I'm suprised they didn't put Don Johnson's "Heartbeat" on there if they included Eddie. Both were pretty good IMO.

Oh sure, stick the best Canadian bands (very successful) near the bottom! I just think they like to criticize because you can't argue with the money some of these hits made. They were BIG at the time.

Bands that should NOT be on that list are the following:

Meatloaf
Celine Dion (as much as I hate her, she can sing)
Bryan Adams
Right said Fred (hey, that was a cool song!)
Aqua (I love mid '90's dance music and I am NOT gay!)
Europe
Mr. Mister (Vice City made this song popular again)
Beach Boys.

Ralph
07-31-04, 02:04 AM
Oh sure, stick the best Canadian bands (very successful) near the bottom!

On second thought, maybe that's a good thing! LOL!

Dead Sled
07-31-04, 02:47 AM
22http://www.blender.com/shared_images/articles/819/819_50_worst_songs_toby_keith.jpg
TOBY KEITH
“Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American)” 2002
Oklahoma redneck runs for office on Hate ticket

Outraged by the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Toby Keith enlisted in the Air Force — no, sorry, he wrote a fight anthem so vengeful, it makes “The Star-Spangled Banner” sound like “Give Peace a Chance.” Though right-wing radio hosts and politicians called him a hero, Keith (who hadn’t had a hit in years) moaned, “It sucks ass that I have to defend myself for being patriotic.” Wrong. You have to defend yourself for celebrating violence and bloodlust.

Worst Moment“We’ll put a boot in your ass; it’s the American way,” Keith sings, mistaking revenge for ideals of liberty.

And this is why I dont read this commie mag! when I seen this pathetic 50 most awesomely bad songs on VH1 I about I about threw something at those america hating yuppies comenting on Toby Kieth's song!

gothicaleigh
07-31-04, 07:06 PM
Sorry, that song sucks... :p

Stoneage_Caddy
07-31-04, 07:10 PM
naw that toby keith song rules in my book...maybe its a military thing but where i was stationed we all thought it was kickass

RBraczyk
07-31-04, 08:59 PM
i agree with leigh, that song sucks. Sry stoney.

Dead Sled
07-31-04, 11:05 PM
naw that toby keith song rules in my book...maybe its a military thing but where i was stationed we all thought it was kickass

must be a military thing. that or we are the few left that take pride in our country. American Soldier really means something to me, something that non-miliraty folks wouldn't understand

davesdeville
08-01-04, 10:35 PM
Toby Keith sucks, regardless of what he's whining about.

And Ice Ice Baby was a good song.

M STaR 013
08-03-04, 11:04 PM
Limp Bizkit's Rollin' Urban Assault Vehicle Remix was waaaay better, probly cuz it had method man, redman, and DMX. Toby Keith's song was fine. remember, the terrorists inflicted the violence and bloodshed first. the #1 song kinda made me laff cuz i thought of the Diplomats - Built This City who sampled the song. their lyrics go "we built this city on rock!" which could more than likely mean drugs.