: 98 Catera, No Air From Dash Vents

mikem350
09-29-09, 09:13 PM
Hi! AC blows cold out the console rear port, but get no air from dash vents, and no mode changing, except for Defrost to windshield. It is almost like a air hose is disconnected. Heater (temp) controls works OK.

Are vents vacuum or motor controlled...and how do I get to them?? Fuses? Relay?
TIA Mike

mikem350
09-30-09, 07:13 PM
Update-found a disconnected vac hose at the vac canister under the cowl..this makes the out/recirc work but still NO AIR from the CENTER VENTS...and it seems like the passenger side is now blowing HOT air. All controls set at 60 degrees.

I tried to reset the vent motors (hold on+auto buttons) but no good, all it did was change from cent to Fahrenheit..
Anybody??

Black Hole
10-01-09, 10:19 PM
I bet the air temperator actuator(s) are fubar.

Take a look at my thread about not having heat on the driverside.....I found the driverside actuator isn't connected to the motor anymore. I belive there are a handful of these behind the dash and most likely one of the main ones isn't working for you.

mikem350
10-02-09, 11:47 AM
Yeah, I saw your post,its just strange that NOTHING comes out from the center vents..how do you get the access to the actuators. I tried thru the radio but ng. How does the dash come apart?

Black Hole
10-02-09, 01:04 PM
I'll take a look at my service manual tonight and see if I can figure anything out.

I think that you access them from the passenger side....but behind the center console.