: Tell Fritz, it works

bbshriver
09-29-09, 09:16 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know about this if you haven't seen it
http://www.gmreinvention.com/index.php/tell-fritz/

I recently posted a quick note about some frustration I was having with some local dealers. A few days later I got a reply from Fritz, attaching a reply from Mark LaNeve. I replied to Mark with a detailed list of my concerns and problems, he said he was going to pass it on to the Cadillac sales manager. This morning I came into my office and had a voice mail from the Cadillac district manager for my region. I'm planning to call her back later today. Not sure if anything productive will come of it, but am impressed to see that this is not just a 'black hole'

waffleman
10-06-09, 05:41 PM
That's good to see. I wrote something on that link a few weeks back, but haven't heard anything back so I was wondering if it was a black hole.

I had suggested that customers be allowed to order cars online the same way one can buy a custom computer from Dell and other computer manufacturers. In this day/age, there's really no need to go through dealership other than test drive a car and pick up a new car. We should be able to order a car ourselves online - they could offer several packages to choose from and give a discount price. The car would then be delivered to local dealership who would get a small fee for the delivery of the vehicle. It would save GM some money since they would only build cars as they are ordered instead of having to keep a large stock of cars.

bbshriver
10-07-09, 08:46 AM
I believe I saw your question (or one nearly identical) on the replies section yesterday... Basically said that you can already build and price, and then "locate" your car. But they find most people want to get their car "right now" and not wait for a special order..