: Water pump replacement

kriot3
09-27-09, 02:59 PM
Does anyone have the step by step procedures for water pump replacement?

gnz119
10-03-09, 06:13 PM
I can tell you the step by step procedures as ive replaced my own water pump.First remove the ground cable from battery, safety first. Second take off all the air induction all the way from the air cleaner to the throttle body and mark with either tape or marker all the vacume lines and all the plugs from wire harness thats very important they go back in original places. After all that is out of the way remove the serpentine belt, belt tentioner, water pump pully and power steering pully. Do not try using the belt to hold the pullies you could end up buying a new belt from breaking it:tisk:. Drain the coolant from the system very important. There are wires running across the timing cover inside a housing remove the housing from the timing cover but dont open the housing there are alot of wires in there, i just tied them back out of the way. Remove the top radiator house makes it easier to remove the timing cover. Ok the fun part finding all the bolts that hold the timing cover and removing them and the timing cover will be ready to come out. Now the water pump is ready for removal but first get some old rags and place under the water pump when reomoving it for any excess coolant in the engine as you do not want any coolant getting on the timing belt. Hope this works for you :thumbsup:

JoshinWV
10-07-09, 11:21 PM
It is recommended that you change your timing belt if you are replacing your water pump (non-electric). Depending on the mileage and how hard you are on your engine, you might want to take the opportunity to change it out. You're already there and a timing belt is pretty cheap (just don't replace the tensioner.)

JoshinWV
10-07-09, 11:24 PM
Double post. Sorry.