: Seat trade

nradcad
09-27-09, 01:29 AM
Anyone with black Recaros want std seats? Trade with some cash?

CadV
09-27-09, 02:42 AM
I am scratching my head on this one.

abbas
09-27-09, 02:52 AM
:hmm:

I would think that anyone that bought the Recaro's would not want the std. seats. Besides, I would think that you would lose the AC thru the seats benefit if you changed the seats now. Lastly, is it really worth the $$$ for someone to have the Recaros uninstalled and the std seats installed and yet make enough money to be happier with std seats?

MReiland
09-27-09, 07:41 AM
Your best bet is going to watch Ebay for a wrecked car that they are parting out, there was already one up a few weeks ago.

whisler151
09-27-09, 09:29 AM
Just buy these! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-2009-CADILLAC-CTS-cts-v-RECARO-SEATS-SET-08-09_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhas hZitem3ca5a91567QQitemZ260477359463QQptZMotorsQ5fC arQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

nradcad
09-27-09, 01:49 PM
I read plenty of "I-have-Recaros-and-they-are-killing-my-back" posts. I figured if someone wanted out of them, I'd give them a nice choice.

tedcmiller
09-27-09, 02:16 PM
I qualify as an "old fart" age-wise. I have enough trouble getting in and out of my standard seats, much less Recaros. I think anyone with standard seats will probably elect to keep them.

jzchen
09-27-09, 03:15 PM
Would you consider looking at junk yards? That is what people are doing for sport seats for BMWs.

62Jeff
09-27-09, 03:33 PM
I read plenty of "I-have-Recaros-and-they-are-killing-my-back" posts.

Honestly, most of them might be mine :bonkers:

I was fortunate, Ron Carter let me return the car and take a different one off the lot with little hassle.

chopmeat
09-27-09, 03:36 PM
I actually like my stock seats better than the recaros.
But I did change the pedals!

nradcad
09-27-09, 07:08 PM
Honestly, I just ran out of money, or I would have purchased the Recaros.. You know, you have to drawn the line somewhere. And another $3400 was too much. I'm finding that I slide around way too much in std seats.

nradcad
10-13-09, 02:20 AM
Huh, well I'm in Houston, but I think we could work something out. My seats are brand new. I've had the car 6 weeks. I drive it about 4 miles a day to work, so they are still perfect.

I've heard of people removing the seats, it isn't hard. I could have the dealer remove and ship them to you and you could have your dealer install them. PM me and we can work details out. (I've cleaned my inbox so i should be able to get your messages now)

Nutz
10-13-09, 08:46 AM
The dawn of a new era begins.
The results of this trade MUST be shared back in this thread if you guys do this. If a cash agreement is reached, I believe both of you will have interesting reports. Keep us abreast of the situation please.

neuronbob
10-13-09, 12:08 PM
I agree with what Nutz said.
It can't be THAT hard to swap seats.

Kadonny
10-13-09, 05:10 PM
It's already been done. I remember one user said he replaced his standard seats with Recaros he got off Ebay. He said they were direct bolt in. Now do I feel like searching the forum for his post or not....hmmmmm, I don't even remember the username.

Edit:

Found it. He put Recaros in a standard CTS, so I would think they would fit in a V. Here is the thread. 3/4 the way through the thread he talks about buying them.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/175932-recaro-seats.html

Nutz
10-13-09, 05:58 PM
Does Anyone have a guess what shipping would cost?Don't know where you live, but I just shipped a dental chair from Cleveland, Ohio to Orlando, Florida. It was screwed down to an average size pallet. Shipped via Estes (quite fast by the way, 48 hrs. door to door) $145.00. The co. that I shipped out of said that the average for a pallet that is 500 lbs. or less is $150.00 coast to coast.

nradcad
10-13-09, 08:01 PM
Don't know where you live, but I just shipped a dental chair from Cleveland, Ohio to Orlando, Florida. It was screwed down to an average size pallet. Shipped via Estes (quite fast by the way, 48 hrs. door to door) $145.00. The co. that I shipped out of said that the average for a pallet that is 500 lbs. or less is $150.00 coast to coast.

That sounds uber reasonable. Shipping isn't too bad at all. I really think this could work out.

nradcad
10-14-09, 10:57 PM
nradcad- I picked up my V with Recaros last Week. I am still adjusting my seats but not happy with them yet. Where do you live? I am in NY and would consider a swap depending on
1.how old your seats are
2. Willing to allow dealer to exchange the seats

I've PMed you. Wanna just make sure you've received it. I hopeful we can work something out.

nradcad
10-15-09, 02:37 PM
I received your pm, I tried to respond but it said i am too new. Email me at justdoit2107@yahoo.com

Ya, the 'rules' on this forum see a little extreme at times.

nradcad
10-15-09, 02:53 PM
Likewise. My seats are mint as well. I've even made sure not to scuff the side plastic with my shoes. (I hate when people do that!) I'll send you photos to your email tonight.

62Jeff
10-15-09, 08:47 PM
Recaro seats in a CTS-V: Heated and Ventilated
Standard seats in a CTS-V: Heated only
Standard seats in a CTS: Heated and Ventilated.

It seems to me that putting Recaro's in a regular CTS would be more straight forward than putting them in a CTS-V that didn't come with them.

How are you guys going to address the ventilation function/lack thereof?

nradcad
10-16-09, 01:19 AM
I don't care in the slightest if the Recaros heat or cool in my V. I want the bolstering.

MReiland
10-16-09, 08:22 AM
I hope your not up till 12 A.M. worrying about your seats....

Looks like the same wiring harness for both as far as I can tell, should be the same mounting also. The control module for the heating cooling buttons is where it gets expensive, looks like 1 big module behind the HVAC.

62Jeff
10-16-09, 10:01 AM
I don't care in the slightest if the Recaros heat or cool in my V. I want the bolstering.

Fair enough, maybe the other guy doesn't care either and it's all Good.

saintnickatnite
11-24-09, 01:15 AM
Sooo... Did this ever happen?

MReiland
11-24-09, 07:52 AM
I don't believe it ever did, I don't think the 2 came to a mutually acceptable price.

thebigjimsho
11-24-09, 09:17 AM
Does anyone test drive these things?? :banghead:

saintnickatnite
11-25-09, 02:01 AM
Sure, I am looking... I would like to feel the ride first/I would even settle for one as trade/or pay replacement for a std seat. I have ridden in other recaros so have the general feel, but I am not willing to barf up 3.4k for a seat upgrade, especially if I do not get the cooling.

vseries
11-28-09, 10:29 PM
[QUOTE=62Jeff;2033260]
Recaro seats in a CTS-V: Heated and Ventilated
Standard seats in a CTS-V: Heated only
Standard seats in a CTS: Heated and Ventilated.

is this info right? Only way to get cooled seats in a V is with Recaro's?

wait just saw this on cadis website
TRIM SPECIFIC FEATURES
Please note features to the right may be in addition to, or in place of, features in other trims. CTS-V (RWD)
Audio System 10-speaker Bose® 5.1 Cabin Surround® Sound System; hard-drive device; AM/FM/RDS4/MP3/ DVD with USB audio connectivity and steering wheel controls
Performance Seating Ventilated driver and front passenger Recaro 14-way performance seats with performance metal pedals (opt)
Navigation System5 Including hard-drive device; Bose® 5.1 Cabin Surround® Sound System, 8" diagonal pop-up touch screen with voice and text guidance (opt)
Microfiber Accents On steering wheel and shift knob (opt)
Xenon HID Headlamps Standard
Limited Slip Differential Standard
Wheels 19"
Heated/Ventilated Front Seats Standard

neuronbob
11-28-09, 11:46 PM
is this info right? Only way to get cooled seats in a V is with Recaro's?

That is correct.

vseries
11-29-09, 01:13 PM
So Caddy's website is wrong??? That makes no sense why they would delete that option if there using the standard seats???

neuronbob
11-29-09, 06:25 PM
Caddy's website is often wrong and behind what the company is giving the dealers, this is the latest example shared on this forum.

I can tell you definitively that the only way to get cooled seats is with the Recaros on the V. On a regular CTS with regular seats, you can get heated AND cooled seats. Why GM didn't allow this option for Vs with regular seats I haven't the faintest. I suspect it was a cost-cutting move to allow them to sell the V at a discount related to other high-po cars. I'm not complaining as long as the AC works during the summer. :)

MReiland
11-29-09, 07:11 PM
I may be wrong but I was sure that the seats only have fans to pull air through the perforations in the seat thus they are called 'Ventilated' instead of 'cooled' seats. I have been in some vehicles where the ventilation doesn't do much, others the effect is more noticable but none so far where the seat was actually cooled like the inverse of a heated seat. Just my .02.

Razorecko
11-29-09, 11:07 PM
I may be wrong but I was sure that the seats only have fans to pull air through the perforations in the seat thus they are called 'Ventilated' instead of 'cooled' seats. I have been in some vehicles where the ventilation doesn't do much, others the effect is more noticable but none so far where the seat was actually cooled like the inverse of a heated seat. Just my .02.

That is correct. I actually creates suction from the holes to draw in the warm air. Its too bad because my fiance's lexus actuall blows out cool air and that'll freeze your arse real fast where as in the V it just minimizes sweating in hot weather. The venting would be more cost effective as all it wouldn't need to be routed to the a/c system as it does in the lexus.

thebigjimsho
11-30-09, 12:42 AM
Air conditioned seats FTW! Even though it was cool early Saturday morning, somewhere east of Texarkana, my body was a bit sweaty in the seat. Those coolers are awesome no matter what the weather...