: Plastic pieice underneath front fender

09BlackV
09-26-09, 03:35 PM
I scuffed the front gray colored Plastic pieces underneath the front fenders on a curb. Sh*t! They look like they can be replaced easyily, anyone know where I can find some new ones to replace them with??:banghead:

qictrk
09-26-09, 04:03 PM
These cars are to new to find parts at the local recycle yard(politically correct). I think your stuck with going to the dealer and ordering the part. Don't get upset when they tell you how much they are. Cecil.........:duck:

tedcmiller
09-26-09, 04:09 PM
Mine are scuffed too. However, I can't see the scuffing. I can only feel it when I run my hand over the surface of these pieces. If you can't see it, who cares? If just knowing that they are scuffed bothers you a lot, try buying replacements from the Cadillac part counter. If they don't have them or you feel like they are too expensive, I guess you are out of luck since all others will either be scuffed or the the owner is not letting them go.

09BlackV
09-26-09, 04:09 PM
Any idea what they run for two of them R and L?

09BlackV
09-26-09, 04:11 PM
Mine are scuffed too. However, I can't see the scuffing. I can only feel it when I run my hand over the surface of these pieces. If you can't see it, who cares? If just knowing that they are scuffed bothers you a lot, try buying replacements from the Cadillac part counter. If they don't have them or you feel like they are too expensive, I guess you are out of luck since all others will either be scuffed or the the owner is not letting them go.

How can I buy them from the part counter?

OldRoadDawg
09-26-09, 04:19 PM
On Monday... call Luke
Forum vendor

Luke Butler
Lindsay Cadillac
(703) 647-8670
lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

09BlackV
09-26-09, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the info

4gear70
09-26-09, 07:02 PM
I scuffed the front gray colored Plastic pieces underneath the front fenders on a curb. Sh*t! They look like they can be replaced easyily, anyone know where I can find some new ones to replace them with??:banghead:

You can get them from the parts counter at your dealer. They also come as a three piece (Left, Right, Center section) set including the hardware/clips.
I saw that they changed the design of the front bumber from '04-07 to this new style '09-10 with the replaceable black plastic. I picked up a set as a back-up just in case I ever do get too close to a curb one day... never did it with my '05 but you never know. I figured that with very few of these cars being made that certain parts would be more difficult to find a few years down the road. So far, the parts are still in the box :D

NeedCTS-v
09-26-09, 07:11 PM
Any idea what they run for two of them R and L?

I damaged mine right after I bought the car. The replacement is only sold as a set (L, R & Center) and runs $150. Make sure you show them the piece you want to replace because they ordered me the replacement dam/splitter for a standard CTS first.

Replacement was super quick, about 10 minutes or so. The replacement kit comes with everything including the nylon retainer screws.

chopmeat
09-26-09, 07:23 PM
You can buy those carbon fiber looking one's from Hennessy.
They're only 500 bucks.......................

thatcoder
09-27-09, 12:00 PM
You can buy those carbon fiber looking one's from Hennessy.
They're only 500 bucks.......................

:histeric:

tedcmiller
09-27-09, 12:55 PM
As far a buying from the parts counter is concerned, you walk up, tell them what you want, and they look it up. The parts counter person then verifies that what is shown on his diagram is what you want. The parts counter person then determines that they do not have that part in stock and will have to order it. You say go ahead and he then tells you the exorbitant prices which you must pay before he will order the part. Assuming that you pay, the part is ordered and then goes on back-order. A date far in the future is given for delivery of the part. You wait for that date come only to find out that there is a new date even farther in the future. This process is repeated several times until you either give up and ask for a refund, or the part finally arrives. Simple, huh?

09BlackV
09-27-09, 01:34 PM
Ahh yes, quite simple indeed. Chopmeat do you have a link to those Hennessey ones?
Should all Cadillac dealerships be able to order this for the same price?

09BlackV
09-27-09, 01:46 PM
I damaged mine right after I bought the car. The replacement is only sold as a set (L, R & Center) and runs $150. Make sure you show them the piece you want to replace because they ordered me the replacement dam/splitter for a standard CTS first.

Replacement was super quick, about 10 minutes or so. The replacement kit comes with everything including the nylon retainer screws.

Could you give me the info where you ordered your from? Thanks

chopmeat
09-27-09, 02:38 PM
Yeah, go to the Hennessy site.
Email them.
I was actually kidding, the price is ridiculous, but then again, Lord knows what the dealer is asking for those dull plastic ones!

4gear70
09-27-09, 02:40 PM
As far a buying from the parts counter is concerned, you walk up, tell them what you want, and they look it up. The parts counter person then verifies that what is shown on his diagram is what you want. The parts counter person then determines that they do not have that part in stock and will have to order it. You say go ahead and he then tells you the exorbitant prices which you must pay before he will order the part. Assuming that you pay, the part is ordered and then goes on back-order. A date far in the future is given for delivery of the part. You wait for that date come only to find out that there is a new date even farther in the future. This process is repeated several times until you either give up and ask for a refund, or the part finally arrives. Simple, huh?

Yup, exactly! That's how it worked for me. On the second order a month later, they finally got it.

thunder gray
09-28-09, 12:22 PM
Scuffed mine; took part off (5min.) sanded smooth used tire dressing to bring back apperance. Scuffed again this time the front leading edge; removed part sanded and painted with matching gray pant, looks ok and a hell of a lot cheaper than replacing given that you will scuff them again.

NeedCTS-v
09-28-09, 12:26 PM
Could you give me the info where you ordered your from? Thanks

I went to the parts department. I can see if I can find the reciept to get you an excact part number if you like.

Kadonny
09-28-09, 03:14 PM
I too went to the parts counter and got the kit. I had one bent up pretty good. Replacement was easy as pie, the hardest part was getting the old retainer clips out. Part was in the $ 150 range.

09BlackV
09-28-09, 04:02 PM
I ordered a new set $150, thanks for the feedback.