: anybody done the d3 pulley?

sharky1
09-26-09, 04:17 PM
anybody know what that gains hp wise? Whats stock boost#?

EXTM
09-26-09, 07:48 PM
stock boost about 7shh to 8
the pulley gains depend on many other things installed with it. tune? CAI? Corsa? etc. but you should see from 30-100hp it all depends on how you build it.

Gary Wells
09-26-09, 08:08 PM
Stock boost is generally about 8-9 PSI. I dynoed my bone stock 430 mile CTS-V this am and it pulled 8.78 PSI. HTH

Dr. Design
09-28-09, 01:27 PM
Hello,
Back when we were doing our testing, we monitored increases between 25-45HP depending on the combination. Like EXTM said, it really depends on the combination you are running.

As for the boost levels. Factory is monitored at 7.5 psi (roughly) and you can expect a gain of 3 psi with the D3 Crank pulley. In addition to that it is the lightest pulley on the market with a 5 lbs reduction in weight while maintaing the highest level of quality!! Please let us know if you have any questions or need any additional information.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

anybody know what that gains hp wise? Whats stock boost#?

Titaniumseeker
10-01-09, 11:26 PM
I have a question on the crank pulley. Since its purpose is to spin the SC faster to increase boost I am concerned about the accessories. How are the accessories protected?

Dr. Design
10-02-09, 01:45 AM
That is a good question. The factory supercharger has its own pulley track does not share any belt with the other accessories. If you look at the D3 Pulley you will see 3 distinct pulley tracks. Starting from the base (closest to the engine) and moving towards the radiator, the accessories are all spinning at factory speeds. Only the supercharger is spinning at an increased rate as its diameter has been altered, thus allowing the other accessories to maintain their factory speeds since they have remained at factory diameters.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/09CTSV_Pulley_Intro_001.jpg

The drive pulley for the supercharger is detachable and can be upgraded at a later date to increase or decrease the supercharger speed if needed, all without having to remove the harmonic balancer from the snout of the crank shaft. Your accessories will be safe and will not be compromised as this balancer has been engineered to maintain factory tolerances and frequencies.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or need any additional information.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac
310-483-8389

I have a question on the crank pulley. Since its purpose is to spin the SC faster to increase boost I am concerned about the accessories. How are the accessories protected?

Gary Wells
10-02-09, 01:57 PM
James:
The 25 reference, is that at the crank or is that rwhp, and is that with or without a tune?

Gary Wells
10-05-09, 06:29 AM
James:
The 25 reference, is that at the crank or is that rwhp, and is that with or without a tune?
X2, James, crank or RWHP, & is that with or without a tune?

Dr. Design
10-06-09, 12:22 PM
Hello,
That is measured at the wheels. We have to do a light tune as we need to ensure that the vehicle is getting enough fuel & spark to go with the additional boost.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

James:

Titaniumseeker
10-06-09, 07:40 PM
Thank you James. That will definitely be my next mod after the wheels I ordered from you guys arrive.

Gary Wells
10-06-09, 09:42 PM
Hello,
That is measured at the wheels. We have to do a light tune as we need to ensure that the vehicle is getting enough fuel & spark to go with the additional boost.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

James:
So how much more RWHP is left for a full tune and the crankshaft pulley? If you do a full tune with no other mods other than the crankshaft pulley and the full tune, what's the RWHP gain over stock.

Dr. Design
10-07-09, 01:56 PM
I will have to dig up the dyno sheet for that one. We recently did that same upgrade to a customers car. The gains were good across the board. I want to say it was about 30WHP and 50ish ft lbs., but again I will verify once I find the dyno sheet. You will naturally start running into restrictions if you are just doing the pulley (i.e. intake, exhaust, etc..). But the gains are certainly noticable with just pulley and tune.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

James:
So how much more RWHP is left for a full tune and the crankshaft pulley? If you do a full tune with no other mods other than the crankshaft pulley and the full tune, what's the RWHP gain over stock.

Gary Wells
10-07-09, 07:23 PM
I will have to dig up the dyno sheet for that one. We recently did that same upgrade to a customers car. The gains were good across the board. I want to say it was about 30WHP and 50ish ft lbs., but again I will verify once I find the dyno sheet. You will naturally start running into restrictions if you are just doing the pulley (i.e. intake, exhaust, etc..). But the gains are certainly noticable with just pulley and tune.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Dr Design:
Thanks for the updated info, and if you should find the dyno sheet to verify, I would appreciate it. I will probably be doing something in the way of mods before long and I will get a hold of you guys. That was the reason for my question.
TIA/R Gary Wells