: Those of you guys with my exhaust....

wait4me
09-26-09, 01:06 PM
I have now a modified center section that you guys can replace that are pre made with long bullet type mufflers that bolt right into place of your W4M exhaust kits.

So, if you guys want it to be quieter and sound ALOT quieter at wide open throttle This is probably for you.

Install is simple, it will just replace the whole second part of my kit, So everyone with a kit can easiely put it in. You just use the band clamps supplied from your original kit. No welding is needed. Ive already done all that.

Price will be $285 plus shipping and i will probably only be making about 15 of them then that is it...

The exhaust makes the car sound VERY smooth at wide open. It filters out all the higher frequencies of the sound spectrum. The result is more like the other more expensive alternatives you have but without as much horsepower loss.

Torque output will be increased with this center section.

I put the kit on my car and am VERY pleased with the sound output. I liked the exhaust before, but now i REALLY like it.

SlvrBullIT
09-26-09, 11:04 PM
pics?

ctsv5005
09-27-09, 12:14 AM
Is it as quiet as stock? or even quieter? :-)

nradcad
09-27-09, 12:17 AM
quieter than stock? Is that possible? The stock exhaust is way to quiet. Kind of sucks even.

surgin
09-27-09, 04:49 PM
i have your exhaust and i am interested. will it help the drone?

aco
09-27-09, 11:07 PM
i have your exhaust and i am interested. will it help the drone?

surgin, do you have w4m's full exhast or only to the axle with the oem mufflers? I thought that both of his exhaust kits eliminated the drone?

Everlast13
09-28-09, 03:43 PM
I'm interested, any sound clips?

surgin
09-29-09, 02:46 PM
i have the full exhaust. there is a definite drone at times like accelerating at low speeds and sometimes when slowly adding speed on the highway. basically every time you drive any distance you will hit a point where there is bad drone. sounds great from outside the car though! definitely feels faster with his exhaust but it isn't "a cadillac exhaust" anymore it's a the exhaust of a modified bad ass car.
also had a poor fit issue. i put it on myself so could be my fault. i never have had a chance to carry it to an exhaust shop and i never have been able to get in touch with jesse but i did have the tire shop mechanic look at it on the rack and he showed me immediately where one pipe was hitting and keeping me from tucking the exhaust close to the underbody like the stock exhaust.

Jpjr
09-29-09, 04:20 PM
i have the full exhaust. there is a definite drone at times like accelerating at low speeds and sometimes when slowly adding speed on the highway. basically every time you drive any distance you will hit a point where there is bad drone. sounds great from outside the car though! definitely feels faster with his exhaust but it isn't "a cadillac exhaust" anymore it's a the exhaust of a modified bad ass car.
also had a poor fit issue. i put it on myself so could be my fault. i never have had a chance to carry it to an exhaust shop and i never have been able to get in touch with jesse but i did have the tire shop mechanic look at it on the rack and he showed me immediately where one pipe was hitting and keeping me from tucking the exhaust close to the underbody like the stock exhaust.

While drone can be limited I would say its impossible to completely avoid with a louder exhaust. Ultimately it's a trade off.

surgin
09-29-09, 08:30 PM
i agree. i am happy with the trade off but some dates have asked "what is that" or what is wrong with your car" which might embarrass a lesser man:) its at that point that that i pin their head to the headrest and fill their ears with a supercharger whine!