: Corsa Mufflers (sport or tour)? ECU tune D3 air intake?

09BlackV
09-26-09, 01:24 PM
Has anyone installed this mods on their 09 V? I had a few Q's for the experts...

These are the 3 mods I'm looking at now, I wanted to see if anyone had any positive/negative experience, and if the are happy with the results?

I'm finding the stock not aggressive enough;
Corsa Mufflers? - Touring vs Sport? Is the sports obnoxious loud? Taking away from the refined V8?
Is the Touring too subtle?? Or just right?

ECU tune from D3 or W4ME? Does this void any section of the warranties? How does it effect the car?

D3 airtake vs others?

Any and all feedback is much appreciated, Thanks again, E.

D3 offers this package on their website; Anyone get this? Pros/Cons??

Stage 1 Power Packages $2,549.00
Application: - 2009+ CTS-V

Horsepower Increased to = up to 585 est. bhp
(Includes - D3 Air Intake System, Corsa Exhaust System, and ECU tune)

We have packed together some of our most popular performance components for the CTS-V together to give you a comprehensive high quality performance package. This package can be installed and ordered through your local Cadillac Dealership. If you are looking for warranty friendly packages that will still give you adequate performance gains, this is it! You can also add to it for future modifications. When installed you will notice a crisper throttle response, quicker acceleration, increase bottom end, and a much richer exhaust note.

neuronbob
09-26-09, 02:39 PM
Still waiting for someone to post a sound clip/vid of the Corsa Sport. I have the Touring and it's just right for me, but I'd love to compare too

Vrocks
09-26-09, 03:41 PM
I think the D3 package price is high, unless the corsa's are more than I think (around $1,500?). The air intake probably won't do much because you're not modifying the SC pulley / crank pulley. I'd also be a bit concerned swapping the intake because a V in the PA / DE area blew it's motor about a week ago... Apparently the owner took it to a well known tuner but they were having issues getting it tuned after adding a new intake (guess it was too lean).

I didn't change the intake and I'm adding a 9" pulley, so I don't see much of a point on a stock motor. I'd guess you'd pick up 10whp for $400.

Caddyscat
09-26-09, 04:48 PM
The sound from the inside is quite muted on the stock mufflers, on the outside, under WOT the car sounds amazing! They did a great job of insulating sound on this car. I'd love to change mufflers but the pigs out here (government mafia) are salivating at the chance to get me.

09BlackV
09-26-09, 04:52 PM
The sound from the inside is quite muted on the stock mufflers, on the outside, under WOT the car sounds amazing! They did a great job of insulating sound on this car. I'd love to change mufflers but the pigs out here (government mafia) are salivating at the chance to get me.

what's WOT? You think the sound is going to get you a speeding ticket?:lildevil:

EXTM
09-26-09, 07:45 PM
WOT is Wide Open Throttle.
Corsa is nice, is just what the V is missing in terms of grapping others attention on the road :)

Gary Wells
09-26-09, 08:43 PM
Aw, come-on, Caddyscat, Dublin was so laid back in the late 50's early '60's they rolled up the side-walk at 3 P.M. instead of 6 P.M.. I think on Sundays they used to leave the sidewalk rolled up until the day after next.

Gary Wells
09-26-09, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE=Vrocks;2015410]I think the D3 package price is high, unless the corsa's are more than I think (around $1,500?).............................[/QUOTE

Try about $1800 or so.

Gary Wells
09-26-09, 09:03 PM
Try AERO1 for the Corsas

Barry626
09-26-09, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=Vrocks;2015410]I think the D3 package price is high, unless the corsa's are more than I think (around $1,500?).............................[/QUOTE

Try about $1800 or so.

Corsa might be nice but they are way to expensive!
Most cars can have entire exhaust replaced for way less then 2 mufflers.
Corsa should be @ least half of what they charge & they would have way more buys!

I found a site for $1300 shipped but that's still crazy, I rather stay stock @ this cost!!

09BlackV
09-27-09, 02:44 PM
[quote=Gary Wells;2015622]

Corsa should be @ least half of what they charge & they would have way more buys!

I found a site for $1300 shipped but that's still crazy, I rather stay stock @ this cost!!

Could you send me that link?

Titaniumseeker
09-27-09, 06:17 PM
I think the D3 package price is high, unless the corsa's are more than I think (around $1,500?). The air intake probably won't do much because you're not modifying the SC pulley / crank pulley. I'd also be a bit concerned swapping the intake because a V in the PA / DE area blew it's motor about a week ago... Apparently the owner took it to a well known tuner but they were having issues getting it tuned after adding a new intake (guess it was too lean).

I didn't change the intake and I'm adding a 9" pulley, so I don't see much of a point on a stock motor. I'd guess you'd pick up 10whp for $400.

Blew a motor because of an intake swap???? I'd be suspect of that information. Maybe over boost or poorly tuned engine where the Tuner removed the safety protocols for the engine would most likely be the cause but an intake as a primary cause of a blown engine???? Hummmm not likely.

Gary Wells
09-27-09, 06:40 PM
09BlackV:
FWIW, the post copied below was originally not my post. Dunno how that happened.

[quote=Barry626;2015658]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Wells

That was originally posted by Barry626.

The best quote that I received was from AERO1.
And that is who I will probably buy from when I order Corsa Tourings.

Razorecko
09-27-09, 07:48 PM
I agree. There is no way in heck an intake popped a motor unless the tune was junk.

neuronbob
09-27-09, 09:09 PM
The only way an intake can junk an engine is water through the intake to the engine. Agree that the tune did something....

Barry626
09-27-09, 10:55 PM
[quote=Barry626;2015658]

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CSE-14940/

Ross Racing
09-28-09, 01:50 AM
I ordered the D3 stage 1.5 package. Includes intake, in house dyno tune, Kooks and I chose Corsa Sports. Can't wait for the results. I would love more info on the intake.

Pics, dyno sheets?

09BlackV
09-28-09, 11:07 AM
I/m looking at the same package Ross, please let me know how it works out. Thanks, E

09BlackV
09-28-09, 11:10 AM
Just wondering Ross, why not go with the ECU tune as well?

Ross Racing
09-28-09, 11:31 AM
I am getting a custom tune on the dyno.

zevee
09-29-09, 12:34 AM
Just heard touring Corsa with headers changed and custom tune, stocks sounds deeper and backfire very metallic sound, personally waiting for Borla to make one before i decide. Stock sounds great outside, just bit to quiet for me.

09BlackV
09-29-09, 02:10 AM
Just heard touring Corsa with headers changed and custom tune, stocks sounds deeper and backfire very metallic sound, personally waiting for Borla to make one before i decide. Stock sounds great outside, just bit to quiet for me.

Did you say the stock sounds deeper than the Corsa touring muffs?

600+V
09-29-09, 04:42 AM
the stock does sounds deep haha once my sport was installed fired it no deep sounding but outside of the car was a whole different story

09BlackV
09-29-09, 10:23 AM
the stock does sounds deep haha once my sport was installed fired it no deep sounding but outside of the car was a whole different story

:hmm: So what exactly are you saying? Your sport setup was not as deep as the stock? Higher pitched sound with the sport Muffs?

Dr. Design
09-29-09, 12:38 PM
I think you are referring to the popping when you let off the accelerator?? We have been successful in getting rid of that through tuning. It becomes more prevalent when you add an exhaust on the vehicle. Most likely any exhaust will add to that if it isnt the stock exhaust system.

p.s. Pics of the air intake system will be up by weeks end.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

zevee
09-29-09, 11:08 PM
Did you say the stock sounds deeper than the Corsa touring muffs?

to me stock it does sound deeper, I was ready to get Corsa before, i might change my mind when I hear the sport muffs.

Titaniumseeker
09-30-09, 02:51 PM
My D3 intake was just delivered today so you know I will be installing it as soon as I get home. I am interested in a difference it will make with the Kooks headers Cats and Corsa touring already installed. I can tell you that the stock exhaust does sound deeper than the Corsa Touring. And from what I've heard from the audio clips, it is also deeper than the Sport. But add headers and it is a whole different ball game. I will try to post pics after the intake install.

09BlackV
09-30-09, 05:28 PM
My D3 intake was just delivered today so you know I will be installing it as soon as I get home. I am interested in a difference it will make with the Kooks headers Cats and Corsa touring already installed. I can tell you that the stock exhaust does sound deeper than the Corsa Touring. And from what I've heard from the audio clips, it is also deeper than the Sport. But add headers and it is a whole different ball game. I will try to post pics after the intake install.

Thanks, I was set on the Corsa Touring, but now I am having second thoughts:bighead: If you can post a sound clip as well Titanium that would be great.

I'm looking for a deeper rumble for the beast, anyone else have suggestions on what exhaust option would be best to attain this?

Razorecko
09-30-09, 07:04 PM
Thanks, I was set on the Corsa Touring, but now I am having second thoughts:bighead: If you can post a sound clip as well Titanium that would be great.

I'm looking for a deeper rumble for the beast, anyone else have suggestions on what exhaust option would be best to attain this?

Borla makes great deep exhausts....maybe one day they'll make a system for the V

Caddyscat
09-30-09, 07:09 PM
Aw, come-on, Caddyscat, Dublin was so laid back in the late 50's early '60's they rolled up the side-walk at 3 P.M. instead of 6 P.M.. think on Sundays they used to leave the sidewalk rolled up until the day after next.

Man, these pigs are BORED! They wait for someone to make a wrong move and SWARM with 2 back-ups. Im only 33 but im sure things have changed from when you used to live here Mr.Wells. I'd really love to put a moderate corsa on my V but I just don't need the attention. (then they'll have me put the front plate on.....etc)

Titaniumseeker
10-01-09, 03:38 AM
Borla makes great deep exhausts....maybe one day they'll make a system for the V

Like the Corsa, Borla will also take on a different exhaust note depending on the vehicle it is installed on. Some great, some ok.

Titaniumseeker
10-01-09, 03:57 AM
Here are the pics of the D3 intake:
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3232/2941/33078970123_medium.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3232/2941/33078970124_medium.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3232/2941/33078970125_medium.jpg

09BlackV
10-01-09, 12:26 PM
Here are the pics of the D3 intake:
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3232/2941/33078970123_medium.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3232/2941/33078970124_medium.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3232/2941/33078970125_medium.jpg

Are you happy with the D3 intake? Notice any difference in sound or speed?

Titaniumseeker
10-01-09, 01:36 PM
Are you happy with the D3 intake? Notice any difference in sound or speed?
I have not had the opportunity to really drive it since the install. Got it yesterday and installed it before hitting the sack. I will drive it today and let you know my impressions.

wait4me
10-01-09, 01:56 PM
That air filter supplied in that kit may not be large enough for our application. On A 6 cly would be fine. With alot of testing, anything smaller than the one used on other kits, caused a flow restriction and eventually codes for poor intake flow.

Gary Wells
10-01-09, 01:59 PM
Nice looking intake set-up by D3.