: Are Gaint Crazy?

airbalancer
07-29-04, 07:29 PM
They paid over $54 million for a rookie!
Top overall draft pick Eli Manning agreed Thursday to a $54 million (U.S.), six-year contract with the New York Giants that will pay him a rookie-record $20 million signing bonus.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1091098051820&call_pageid=968867503640&col=970081593064

That is crazy!
I hope the Gaints burn
No rookie is worth that kind of money!

illumina
07-29-04, 07:59 PM
then again, big brother manning did his rookie contract for like 48 million or near that. anyways, the giants will be on thin ice this year anyways, so its not like it really matters. what with warner the projected starter for now and all, it will be tough to get a hold in that division particularly when every QB on that roster has no experience in tom's offence as of yet. predictions:

giants, 4-12
cowboys, 4-12
redskins, 4-12

eagles, 16-0 plus a 3-0 playoff run while beating the snot out of whomever they play in the superbowl!!!
all hail to the eagles... :worship:

RBraczyk
07-29-04, 08:55 PM
Its gonna be all patriots this year. :)

Stoneage_Caddy
07-29-04, 09:44 PM
its possible , my Bucs arent going anywhere for sure . ive seen freshman college players with more experence

illumina
07-29-04, 11:10 PM
Its gonna be all patriots this year. :)

oh lord, the patriots grabbed corey dillon, he will "whine" them out of the playoffs. god knows he didnt do sh!t to get the bungles to the playoffs. all he did was whine until they axed him. sure, he made the pro bowl a few times, but he is negative energy through and through. but i hope for your sake, and a few people i know, dillon will shut the (insert foul word here) up and play for the patriots, not himself.

real predictions:
patriots, 11-5
jets, 9-7
dolphins, 7-9 (only because williams quit)
bills, 6-10

illumina
07-29-04, 11:14 PM
its possible , my Bucs arent going anywhere for sure . ive seen freshman college players with more experence

the bucs are a 8-8/9-7 team this year. wild card at best. but in that division, who knows, what with atlanta getting healthy, carolina needing to prove they were no fluke, and the saints trying to save hasslet's job, i think it will be a last week call and a coin flip to see who wins that division.
real prediction:
falcons, 10-6
bucs, 9-7
panthers, 8-8
saints, 6-10

Stoneage_Caddy
07-30-04, 04:19 PM
that whole dillion guy deal is getting waaay to common in pro sports ..whatever happend to "doing it for the fans"

we just got thru that whole keyshawn deal down here and then we got that kid in miami that wants to retire at 27 to go smoke pot

what happend to the good ol days when i could watch a race where they actually raced and when i could watch a football game without being disgusted

airbalancer
07-30-04, 06:09 PM
We should all go and just watch minor league games, were they still care about the game, and not watch the money hungry pros play.
Write into Xbox Playstation tell them the pro sport games should not have any pro players name on the video games, let these guy go hungry for a while.

airbalancer
07-30-04, 06:17 PM
Someone once told me pro's should get 10x money then the avgerage person because they do not play that long.
I can agree to that , avg person ($40,000)top end $100,000 /yr times 10 then million $ / yr I could live with that.
But the player get $5 m $20 m is crazy. Then alot people think else guy also are all knowing, Give me a break!!!!!

illumina
07-30-04, 07:17 PM
Someone once told me pro's should get 10x money then the avgerage person because they do not play that long.
I can agree to that , avg person ($40,000)top end $100,000 /yr times 10 then million $ / yr I could live with that.
But the player get $5 m $20 m is crazy. Then alot people think else guy also are all knowing, Give me a break!!!!!

although i will agree to a point, there is more than just the money that goes here. that money needs to go a long way, as this sport, as well as others, can be very taxing on the body long after the player puts the uniform away, what with medical bills abd all. but here is the stinker : peyton manning got like 48 mill. for his first contract, and close to that if not a little more for the second deal he just made. that would be close to 100 million dollars!! to me, that is a wee bit over the top, and i did'nt include signing bonusus. and yes, i do agree that there is too much :crying: going on and not enough of :canttalk: going on. i say play the damn game and. earn your money and shut the **** up.

Elvis
07-30-04, 07:50 PM
Eli is Peyton without the "paralysis through analysis." He'll go more with his gut than the percentages. Sometimes it looks like Peyton goes against his instincts which are better than he gives them credit for.

Physically Eli is every bit as good, probably better. He has a lot to learn, but he's a smart kid and he'll get it in a couple of years. It's a fair contract.