: What have you blown away?

mpouls1
09-23-09, 06:50 PM
Just curious to know if/why this forum doesn't have a kill thread or sticky like that. There has to be plenty of guys here that own a V and do some "spirited driving" against others, fwiw.

I know I've got some :burn:

Gary Wells
09-23-09, 07:00 PM
You mean on a track, right?

whisler151
09-23-09, 07:01 PM
The rules of this forum do not allow the posting of street racing. Many have tried with "Mexico" stories, but they are deleted. I wish I could see more V kills. I guess they all reside on youtube and streetfire.

mpouls1
09-23-09, 07:06 PM
Well I have track stories and the "Mexico" one's too. Mexico, that is hilarious. Oh well, every other forum has one. Figured that would have to be the reason.

nradcad
09-23-09, 08:09 PM
I've have easily pulled a GT500 on a 'ahem' track straight away. And not that's it is worth mentioning, but a 350Z is not a fast car.

SlvrBullIT
09-23-09, 08:10 PM
On a HPDE day I "passed" a Cayman S, R8, Track mini, Exige, M3, 350Z.

Razorecko
09-23-09, 09:24 PM
i had this dream one night where i kept dead even with a cls55 amg in 4th gear on the highway w/out even downshifting...

nradcad
09-23-09, 09:27 PM
I've always thought that if you were to go head to head with a Z06 up to say around 100, that you are only probably talking about a car length. I would figure that wouldn't be bad for a vehicle that weighed 1000 pounds more. I'm just spit balling here.

chopmeat
09-23-09, 10:17 PM
I got a porsche turbo believe it not, many Audi's, TT, S4, A4, and ricers, Mustangs, BMW's....blew the doors off!
I'm a busy boy!
At the track of course.
After my performance work, they don't have a chance!

Leadfoot09
09-23-09, 10:32 PM
I saw in a movie once a scene with a V doing several pulls against a heavily modded '08 C6 Vette on the highway at 60-120 and sticking directly on that cars bumper each time. I would like to rent that movie again--can't remember the name, however......:hmm:

mpouls1
09-23-09, 11:24 PM
Well I did go to the track and ran a 12.2 @ 115mph against a 350Z. The only nice thing about that race was looking at his rims as I passed by (they are quick off the line). Think it ran around a 13.4 or something. Can't find the slip.

Luna.
09-23-09, 11:53 PM
Not a single one, especially post-mod...

So disappointing...:helpless:

VetteOwner
09-24-09, 12:49 AM
i had this dream one night where i kept dead even with a cls55 amg in 4th gear on the highway w/out even downshifting...

Now that there is funny:)

Mystical_Ice
09-24-09, 03:17 AM
bahahaha listening to your dreams, thoughts, and movies made me laugh.

keep it up guys :D

SlvrBullIT
09-24-09, 04:08 AM

They fear you.......

SlvrBullIT
09-24-09, 04:09 AM

How are the mods holding up?

Hawkeye2
09-24-09, 05:32 AM
Myself.

As for a Z06, I have a CTS V - stock, and an 08 Z06 also stock. The Z is faster, no question. The V pulls hard, but the Z is much
lighter.

Gary Wells
09-24-09, 06:03 AM

Sounds like your rep got around the block before you did, Luna.
J/K, Luna, but I am sure that your CTS-V could sound somewhat modded, or maybe they see you sitting inside waiting for prey.

Nutz
09-24-09, 07:47 AM
I had a dream once that I was being chased by a mean little devil that was really loud and scary. He was orange and white and had the word "Repsol" tattooed on his chest. He kept chasing me everywhere in my dream, and finally I decided to drop to 4 and run. Boy that scary monster made a loud scream, but his voice broke up at the top of his lungs with every scream, and I got away from him.
Must have been that W4M combo platter I ate before bed.

vetkila
09-24-09, 05:32 PM
I ran my uncles 360 ferrari and had him by two and a half car lengths. The race was from 35 to 120 on a track of course.

nradcad
09-24-09, 10:55 PM
Myself.

As for a Z06, I have a CTS V - stock, and an 08 Z06 also stock. The Z is faster, no question. The V pulls hard, but the Z is much
lighter.

I figure you need about 100 more hp to pull over a Z06.

Razorecko
09-24-09, 11:23 PM
the general consensus is roughly 10hp per 100lbs. So you are correct. There is about a 1000lb difference equating to a total of 100hp. Get your V bumped a 100hp and you should be running on par with a stock z06.

chopmeat
09-25-09, 09:48 AM
One thing is funny, that after all the mods, my V sounds mean but still not too loud. The headers make it just right...
But, when I really get on it, the car makes this insane loud scream like a jet and most racers, $hit their pants and shut down.
They don't even try after just hearing it!
lol
I like scaring the crap outta 'em!

Yeqon
09-25-09, 10:04 AM
I have narcolespsy.. So in a strange early evening dream the other day... I dreamt I was driving conservatively down interstate 35 when a souped up Honda in the dark couldn't see the V on the doors. He cut me off and then reved his engine. I hit the gas and flew by him like he was standing still. He tried to keep up and then flew by me at about 120 as I was getting off on my exit. Part of the dream I really liked was the cherries turning on about 200 yards ahead of me on I35 as I exited. :)

s4ologist
09-25-09, 12:59 PM
So far, most of my dreamt-up, hypothetical, outside-of-the-US confrontations have occurred with crotch rockets, and have not gone well for me. Other cars either don't recognize the V, or just leave me alone (I get looks though, and the headers help).
My brother says he has pulled on such a motorcycle with his twin-turbo'd Z06, but that car traps at 135 in the 1/4 (weight is such a factor for the V).

musclesbmf
09-25-09, 02:35 PM
Had a Z06 and these cars won't pull one at any speed. They are ridiculously fast and top out higher than us. Plus they are more aero so there is less wind resistance at higher speeds for them. They are 1100 lbs lighter than us, and stock for stock we only have 50 more HP. Give us about 70 - 100 more HP, and it would be a good race.

Just my opinion,
Mark

nradcad
09-25-09, 06:00 PM
Had a Z06 and these cars won't pull one at any speed. They are ridiculously fast and top out higher than us. Plus they are more aero so there is less wind resistance at higher speeds for them. They are 1100 lbs lighter than us, and stock for stock we only have 50 more HP. Give us about 70 - 100 more HP, and it would be a good race.

Just my opinion,
Mark

Sure...that's what we've all been saying. And let's face it, putting a 100 extra horses in the this motor is easy as pie.

Luna.
09-25-09, 08:13 PM
How are the mods holding up?

No issues whatsoever. I find myself purposely NOT driving it, for if I didn't do that, I'd be a lot poorer, due to poor MPG and I'd have WAY too many miles on it by now... :lildevil:

Sounds like your rep got around the block before you did, Luna.
J/K, Luna, but I am sure that your CTS-V could sound somewhat modded, or maybe they see you sitting inside waiting for prey.

LOL. You may be right! :cool2:

mpouls1
09-25-09, 08:52 PM
Sure...that's what we've all been saying. And let's face it, putting a 100 extra horses in the this motor is easy as pie.

And just like the mushtangs, spend some easy money on a vette and voila, 700hp. So many more options...

nradcad
09-25-09, 10:38 PM
And just like the mushtangs, spend some easy money on a vette and voila, 700hp. So many more options...

Ya, but it would seem the potential of a F/I setup seems higher than that of a NA. I dunno, just seems that way.

mpouls1
09-26-09, 11:29 AM
Ya, but it would seem the potential of a F/I setup seems higher than that of a NA. I dunno, just seems that way.

That is exactly what I am talking about. I belonged to a Chrysler forum when I had my 300C SRT8. I fellow member that I met at the track once traded in his SRT8 for a C6. It was turbocharged with meth injection. Said it was around 700hp.

Caddyscat
09-26-09, 04:21 PM
Part of the dream I really liked was the cherries turning on about 200 yards ahead of me on I35 as I exited.

SWEET!!!!!LOL!!!!!

By far the best "story" yet. I bet he was pissed (in your dream, ahem, that is)