: Any Winter Wheel Suggestions?

dg144
09-23-09, 07:36 AM
My CTS-V should arrive in November ( Thanks to Scott at Superior)
I need to have a second set of rims for winter shoes for my black beast when she gets here, any economical suggestions from forum members is always appreciated.
David

Prof
09-23-09, 08:35 AM
My plan...maybe not your cup of tea but for perspective:

For winter (soon here in northern Illinois!)

Pirelli Winter 240 Sottozero (Performance Snow) Tires

• Front: 255/40R19
• Load Range: XL
• Blackwall
• Price: $333.00 (each)

• Rear: 285/35R19
• Load Range: XL
• Blackwall
• Price: $381.00 (each)

Mount the Pirelli on the OEM wheels...

During the long cold winter, purchase Mesh 8 wheels from 360 Forged.

Toss the oem tires and make a decision about what to mount on the Mesh 8's when the weather clears, the chemicals are washed off the roads and some of the biggest pot holes have been repaired.

From then on I will have winter tires and rims, and good weather tires and rims...

Just my approach...

Kadonny
09-23-09, 10:07 AM
I bought a set of used stockers. I am going to get them hyperchromed for summer and run my stockers for winter with the Pirelli Sottos. The most affordable right now is a second set of stockers. Scott at Superior was selling them for under invoice if I recall. Talk to him.

neuronbob
09-23-09, 11:04 AM
Actually, Scott never got the arrangements made for that; his source fell through as these wheels are scarce outside of official production channels, or were earlier in the year.

I also bought a second set of stockers with tires from a forum member, and will be putting on Pirellis sometime in November.

Barry626
09-23-09, 02:40 PM
Bought 4 "Blizzak L-25" & 4 19" wheels from "Tirerack" $1695 delivered.

lbenoit
09-23-09, 03:30 PM
I'm also shopping for wheels and tires for an ordered 2010 V. Apparently only Pirelli Sottozero 240 snow tires are available in the rear OEM size. Also, bergstpg posted on this forum the following message regarding his unhappy experience with a different rear tire size:

"I drove my V2 through most of a Minnesota winter, but the Sotto Zero tires where required. Also, make sure you get the exact tire size to replace the stock tires. I didn't and spent a month in the shop trying to figure out why my traction control kept messing around with my idle rpms. See a previous thread about that."

Is his experience an isolated problem? Does anyone have direct experience with the LM-25 Blizzaks?

allklr
09-23-09, 03:38 PM

TPMS also?? What kind of wheels did you go with? I was thinking of going down to 18's and a higher profile tire for winter. The roads here are terrible.

lbenoit
09-23-09, 03:53 PM
I just got off the phone with Tire Rack and they tell me the only wheel they offer that fits the 2009/2010 CTS-V are the OZ three piece racing wheels at about $1000 each. Also, they are the only wheels that show up on the website for the 2009/2010 CTS-V.

Kadonny
09-23-09, 04:46 PM
Yeah, Tirerack didn't have many options, that's why I went to extra stockers. I got all 4 fairly cheap, but they had some imperfections. I'm not believing Barry626, maybe he is talking a regular CTS.

dg144
09-23-09, 05:12 PM
My plan...maybe not your cup of tea but for perspective:

For winter (soon here in northern Illinois!)

Pirelli Winter 240 Sottozero (Performance Snow) Tires

Front: 255/40R19
Load Range: XL
Blackwall
Price: $333.00 (each)

Rear: 285/35R19
Load Range: XL
Blackwall
Price: $381.00 (each)

Mount the Pirelli on the OEM wheels...

During the long cold winter, purchase Mesh 8 wheels from 360 Forged.

Toss the oem tires and make a decision about what to mount on the Mesh 8's when the weather clears, the chemicals are washed off the roads and some of the biggest pot holes have been repaired.

From then on I will have winter tires and rims, and good weather tires and rims...

Just my approach...

I love the sottozero 240, I already have them as I have used them on my M5 which I am turning in when my cts arrives in November
dg

neuronbob
09-23-09, 05:43 PM
Yeah, Tirerack didn't have many options, that's why I went to extra stockers. I got all 4 fairly cheap, but they had some imperfections. I'm not believing Barry626, maybe he is talking a regular CTS.

No, I remember his thread. He bought
THESE--click (http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&winter=0&initialPartNumber=GT1913BS&wheelMake=ASA&wheelModel=GT1&wheelFinish=Bright+Silver+Paint&autoMake=Cadillac&autoModel=CTS-V&autoYear=2009&autoModClar=&tire=54VR9BZLM22XL&qty_front=4) IIRC.

Barry626
09-24-09, 01:12 AM
I just got off the phone with Tire Rack and they tell me the only wheel they offer that fits the 2009/2010 CTS-V are the OZ three piece racing wheels at about $1000 each. Also, they are the only wheels that show up on the website for the 2009/2010 CTS-V.

Not so, contact "Gary" they have a $199.00 wheel that is perfect.
I believe it's 19x8.5 and are ASA GT1?

Barry626
09-24-09, 01:17 AM

Who cares if u believe me?
Contact "Gary" @ tirerack & see if I don't know what I'm talking about.
My winter tires came 2 weeks ago & are sitting in my garage & yes for CTS-V!

U have to go down in size with wheel to 19x8.5 & should match all 4 tires with 225/45/19.
OEM tires are much to wide for winter snow much better to go 225 size!

Barry626
09-24-09, 01:20 AM
No, I remember his thread. He bought
THESE--click (http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&winter=0&initialPartNumber=GT1913BS&wheelMake=ASA&wheelModel=GT1&wheelFinish=Bright+Silver+Paint&autoMake=Cadillac&autoModel=CTS-V&autoYear=2009&autoModClar=&tire=54VR9BZLM22XL&qty_front=4) IIRC.

Thank-you!

Barry626
09-24-09, 01:23 AM
TPMS also?? What kind of wheels did you go with? I was thinking of going down to 18's and a higher profile tire for winter. The roads here are terrible.

Yes $1695 included TPMS, 4 Snows + 4 wheels + shipping.
Someone posted link above for wheels I bought for $199 ea. ASA GT1.

lbenoit
09-24-09, 07:58 AM
Barry626 -- It would seem that Tire Rack sales reps are not all on the same page with their colleagues. Have they tested and confirmed that the recommended uniform tire size on all four wheels will work with the CTS-V traction control system, avoiding the problem reported by Bergstpg on this forum? Have any other forum members actually mounted and driven their V with these wheels and the Blizzak tires?

Kadonny
09-24-09, 08:19 AM
Who cares if u believe me?
Contact "Gary" @ tirerack & see if I don't know what I'm talking about.
My winter tires came 2 weeks ago & are sitting in my garage & yes for CTS-V!

U have to go down in size with wheel to 19x8.5 & should match all 4 tires with 225/45/19.
OEM tires are much to wide for winter snow much better to go 225 size!

So they are NOT stock size, just as I thought.

Also, see the post above me.

AZstar
09-24-09, 09:49 AM
Barry626 -- It would seem that Tire Rack sales reps are not all on the same page with their colleagues. Have they tested and confirmed that the recommended uniform tire size on all four wheels will work with the CTS-V traction control system, avoiding the problem reported by Bergstpg on this forum? Have any other forum members actually mounted and driven their V with these wheels and the Blizzak tires?

Only testing will tell for sure, but I would be surprised if a 0.2% circumference difference (2 revolutions per mile) difference in the front and 0.4% difference in the rear, would cause traction control problems. There's a bigger difference than that between bald tires and new tires. I'm looking forward to the results of testing. $200 alternate wheels would be nice.

lbenoit
09-24-09, 10:34 AM
I certainly understand the point on the small difference in circumference between the front and rear tire sizes, but the nagging fact remains that Bergstpg reported on this forum that the use of the OEM front tire size on all four wheels caused problems with traction control, however unlikely that might seem.

It would be a rather expensive proposition to buy the wrong tire size and wheel combination and then have to replace the rears with uber expensive Pirelli Sottozeros in the OEM tire size. Hopefully, the Tire Rack or forum members can actually test and confirm that the 225/45/19 snow tires or other uniform sizes and referenced ASA wheels are compatible with the CTS-V traction control and stability systems.

Finally, I would note that the Tire Rack website shows '19" recommended'255/40/19 for all four wheels (which is the front OEM tire size). The Blizzak LM-22 and the new LM-60 is available in this size.

AZstar
09-24-09, 11:12 AM
Hopefully, Barry626 will report back with results after the tire/wheel combo is mounted and we will have some first hand experience to guide us.

neuronbob
09-24-09, 11:37 AM
Thank-you!

NP. :thumbsup: I wish I'd known about these before I bought my extra stockers, and they do look pretty decent.

I'm hoping that they work out given the known kinks in Stabilitrak as observed by another poster last winter--just having a minor change in the rear tire threw everything off. If they work out, that will be definitely FTW for people who don't want to spend $2k on stockers.

dg144
09-24-09, 02:28 PM
NP. :thumbsup: I wish I'd known about these before I bought my extra stockers, and they do look pretty decent.

I'm hoping that they work out given the known kinks in Stabilitrak as observed by another poster last winter--just having a minor change in the rear tire threw everything off. If they work out, that will be definitely FTW for people who don't want to spend $2k on stockers.

Do you have any interest in selling your stockers, I think I want to go this route

neuronbob
09-24-09, 03:39 PM
Nope, not yet. :)

Barry626
09-25-09, 12:30 AM
Hopefully, Barry626 will report back with results after the tire/wheel combo is mounted and we will have some first hand experience to guide us.

Will Do!

Acorrding to "Gary" @ tirerack these wheels & size tires have been bought by others.
He promises me that going with 19x8.5 wheels will work with 225 tires as others have done it!

rp161
10-06-09, 11:02 AM
I have stockers for sale which are posted on craigs list, If anyone is interested.
255-40-19 tires on 19x9 rims on all four (27 inch diameter tire) will work on the v2 without any abs or stability control lights.

jzchen
10-06-09, 06:24 PM
tires.com has some wheel recommendations. If you have a location local to you they will strive to beat anyone's prices installed on tires, including tirerack, (I'm not sure about wheel prices, but they aren't the same brands as tirerack.) They will split the shipping cost with you and have a set installed price that they will beat, (pretty reasonable.) They also strived to beat the tirerack price including the sales tax I needed to pay when I was replacing my STS-V tires for a lease return, which was huge on those crazy expensive Pirelli euforias!

pj911
10-14-09, 12:22 AM
Any updates on the tirerack wheel/tire combo? Winter is approaching FAST (last few days saw freezing temperatures and higher elevation snow overnight here in Vermont)! Needless to say, I need to pull the trigger on a winter wheel package or just get the stock size Pirellis to mount on my factory wheels. My concern for the latter is wear & tear on the factory wheels between mounting & balancing twice a year as well as corrosion from winter salt. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Prof
10-14-09, 02:56 AM
... I am going to get them hyperchromed for summer and run my stockers for winter with the Pirelli Sottos.

Just an alternative to the "hyperchrome"... I had a set of polished alum wheels that had some curb rash and needed some work and I sent them to go through a "PermaStar" process by Goodrich. They turned out very nice, you might want to compare with the chrome approach.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g50/rfouts/1SRT%2010/img045.jpg

http://www.goodrichtechnology.com/

Caroutisine
10-14-09, 09:58 PM
I replaced the staggered tires on my 2005 STS with the front wheel size on all 4 corners and ran it for 2 seasons on the factory rims with no TC issues at all. FWIW

nradcad
10-14-09, 10:04 PM
Since I live in Houston, my winter setup will be NT05s! I can't wait.

nradcad
10-14-09, 10:09 PM
Just an alternative to the "hyperchrome"... I had a set of polished alum wheels that had some curb rash and needed some work and I sent them to go through a "PermaStar" process by Goodrich. They turned out very nice, you might want to compare with the chrome approach.

Huge fan. They look great.

CoOlSlY
10-18-09, 10:12 AM
Will Do!

Acorrding to "Gary" @ tirerack these wheels & size tires have been bought by others.
He promises me that going with 19x8.5 wheels will work with 225 tires as others have done it!

When are you planning to test if there's a TC issue with your winter/wheels setup? You confirm that you have 225/45-19? Tirerack was recommending 255/40/19 but if you state the the combo 225/45/19 works, I will order as soon as I get you response!

Marcuse12
10-19-09, 10:23 AM
I too am waiting for someone to give us a positive road test experience on the tire rack setup.

Anyone else have a bad feeling that "Barry626" is actually "Gary" from tire rack trying to get us to purchase?

lbenoit
10-19-09, 01:13 PM
I decided to purchase with Pirelli Sottozero 240 snow tires in OEM sizes and have them mounted on my stock wheels in a couple of weeks. The CTS-V owner's manual states that if you choose to use winter tires to "use only radial ply tires of the same size, load range and speed rating as the original equipment tires." I recognize that other wheel and tire sizes may work correctly on the vehicle, but the problems with traction/stability control previously reported on this forum also influenced my choice. Hopefully, some reasonably priced aftermarket wheels will become available by Spring of next year.

bergstpg
10-19-09, 01:27 PM
I just want to assure people - the issue I had was real and cost both Discount Tire and a Minneapolis dealership a ton of money. Before investing any money on additional wheel/tires - make sure the front to back rotation ratio or diameter ratio would be as close to stock as possible. Again, it didn't matter if there is snow on the ground or if the road was slick - the traction control would still rev variably when the tire diameter ratio was off from stock.

I didn't try different diameters, so don't know if moving to a higher diameter on all four wheels would present an issue.

Prof
10-19-09, 02:27 PM
I decided to purchase with Pirelli Sottozero 240 snow tires in OEM sizes and have them mounted on my stock wheels in a couple of weeks. The CTS-V owner's manual states that if you choose to use winter tires to "use only radial ply tires of the same size, load range and speed rating as the original equipment tires." I recognize that other wheel and tire sizes may work correctly on the vehicle, but the problems with traction/stability control previously reported on this forum also influenced my choice. Hopefully, some reasonably priced aftermarket wheels will become available by Spring of next year.

Exactly!

I may have to take most of the winter to decide on my good weather wheels and tires...but it is a pursuit suited for northern Illinois winters!

cbloveday
10-19-09, 04:54 PM
Exactly!

I may have to take most of the winter to decide on my good weather wheels and tires...but it is a pursuit suited for northern Illinois winters!

I just got home from the dealership. I bought OEM rims and shod them with
pirelli 240 sotozeros.

I got the rims for
F $496.76
R $534.31

Tire prices were matched from tire rack
F $333.00 255/40/19
R $381.00 285/35/19

Comped the labor
Comped the sensors
5% discount on top of it all

Having my summer rims and tires driven out to me later tonight.

I also had them change the differential fluid after 1,700 miles on the clock, per another thread I saw. Tech said it was really dark!!! Fluid level was fine.

I am pleased and worry free.

dg144
10-19-09, 05:24 PM
pirelli 240 sotozeros.

I got the rims for
F $496.76
R $534.31

F $333.00 255/40/19
R $381.00 285/35/19

Comped the labor
Comped the sensors

I also had them change the differential fluid after 1,700 miles on the clock, per another thread I saw. Tech said it was really dark!!! Fluid level was fine.

where did you get your oem rims

cbloveday
10-19-09, 06:55 PM
where did you get your oem rims

Dg144

Cadillac of Naperville IL

630-355-2700 Parts manager is Don.

PM me if you need my help and I'll see if they will extend the same courtesy to you.

neuronbob
10-19-09, 08:22 PM
pirelli 240 sotozeros.

I got the rims for
F $496.76
R $534.31

F $333.00 255/40/19
R $381.00 285/35/19

Comped the labor
Comped the sensors

How do the Sottozeros feel on the road? I'm planning on having mine installed in the next week or so, schedule willing.

cbloveday
10-19-09, 11:10 PM
How do the Sottozeros feel on the road? I'm planning on having mine installed in the next week or so, schedule willing.

Hard and slippery under load. However, IMO a great tire for the winter.

I think you'll be happy with your choice.

caddiedrummer
10-20-09, 07:57 AM
I ran Sottos last yr on advice from Short Throw. They did very well.

As mentioned in another post. I ordered chrome OEs from Calchrome and should have them this week. Will run chromes in mild weather , polished and Sottos in cold.

Kadonny
10-20-09, 08:32 AM
Ditto to caddiedrummer. I guess my used stockers I picked up for under 1k was a bargain then seeing the prices of the new stockers.

How much will Caddy charge me for new TPMS sensors?

Thanks for the heads up on the Sotto's, I think I'll wait until mid November to get them mounted.

cbloveday
10-20-09, 08:41 AM
Ditto to caddiedrummer. I guess my used stockers I picked up for under 1k was a bargain then seeing the prices of the new stockers.

How much will Caddy charge me for new TPMS sensors?

Thanks for the heads up on the Sotto's, I think I'll wait until mid November to get them mounted.

I believe it is somewhere in the range of $170.00 for the set @ the dealership

CoOlSlY
10-28-09, 09:18 PM
Winter is coming... The V is coming, still wondering when "Barry" will test the setup suggested by "Garry" so we could all know if it works with the traction control and all 4 tires down to 225...

Kadonny
10-29-09, 10:40 AM
My suggestion? Keep stock sizes no matter what Tirerack says.

Marcuse12
10-29-09, 01:17 PM
"Barry" is MIA

neuronbob
11-05-09, 08:38 PM
My Pirelli Sottozeros were installed at the dealer today. :woot:
I drove home in rather rainy conditions and the car was solid.
It's supposed to be cool but dry tomorrow, so I'll get some idea of dry handling.

No more clicking on right turn....the dealer must have done the TSB.

CoOlSlY
11-05-09, 08:44 PM
My Pirelli Sottozeros were installed at the dealer today. :woot:
I drove home in rather rainy conditions and the car was solid.
It's supposed to be cool but dry tomorrow, so I'll get some idea of dry handling.

No more clicking on right turn....the dealer must have done the TSB.

That would be cool to have a alternative to be able to have all 4 tires the same size for winter :|

dg144
11-05-09, 09:51 PM
That would be cool to have a alternative to be able to have all 4 tires the same size for winter :|

I will putting all 4 same size on when my car gets here, sottozero 240 255/19's all around, worked great the past 3 seasons on my M5

cbloveday
11-05-09, 09:52 PM
The sottos have been working very well in rain, daily driving in temps where DIC advises of caution freezing conditions. Lately up to 60degrees.
I will report when conditions freeze and snow is present in Chicago. I love the tread pattern too. Very pleased.

neuronbob
11-05-09, 10:35 PM

I bought stock size tires, keeping the stock stagger. Even though it snows a lot here in Cleveland, there are many days when the roads are clear and dry, thus a chance to drive the car as it was intended. Besides, I don't want the traction control going nutso. So far, so good with the tires.

On the tread pattern: I love it as well; it looks aggressive and beefy. :thumbsup: However, we have pretty good rim protection with the stock PS2s, none with the Sottozeros. Watch those curbs!

CoOlSlY
11-06-09, 08:00 AM
I will putting all 4 same size on when my car gets here, sottozero 240 255/19's all around, worked great the past 3 seasons on my M5

240 255/19 what do you mean? 240-55/19 or something else?

mpouls1
11-06-09, 10:45 AM
pirelli 240 sotozeros.

I got the rims for
F $496.76
R $534.31

F $333.00 255/40/19
R $381.00 285/35/19

Comped the labor
Comped the sensors

What dealership did you use. Can pm if you want. I'm looking for the same setup as you.

neuronbob
11-07-09, 08:56 AM
So of course, this is the local forecast in Cleveland for the week after I install winter tires:

http://www.wkyc.com/images/wsi/5DAY.jpg

LOL! Hey, at least I'm ready for the inevitable November snowstorm we seem to get around Cleveland! Not to mention, because of the late Indian summer, I'm able to drive my S2000 a little longer.

In the meantime, I'm pretty impressed with the handling of the Pirellis in the dry. While obviously not as razor sharp as the PS2s, and while some sidewall flex is apparent even with the tires inflated to 35 psi, I think they do reasonably well. I can't wait to get some snow and put these puppies to the real test.

mpouls1
11-10-09, 01:30 PM
Just got done putting on my Pirelli Soto's on today. Went with the same tire and sizes as anonfrank and cbloveday. Tires look good.

I got a fantastic deal from dealer I am so happy. Not only did I get lower prices than tire rack was advertising or anybody else I could find, they took off a big chunk of labor, $20 off coupon, and didn't charge for the balancing.

Now let's see who gets to try them out in snow first :lildevil:

DiamondWhiteCTS-V
11-10-09, 06:03 PM
I would recommend Toyo Garit KX 245/45R19s. They should be a lot cheaper than the Pirellis and will likely last more winters. They will fit on the original 19 inch caddy factory rims as they can go up to 19 x 9.5 which is what the rear wheels are on the cts-v.

cbloveday
11-10-09, 06:51 PM
240 255/19 what do you mean? 240-55/19 or something else?

The pirelli name is Sottozero II 240
H and V rated : W210 SottoZero and W240 SottoZero

the size he is using is 255/19.

kxb
12-15-09, 11:58 AM
Barry, are you out there? I just bought my cts-v, and would love to have inexpensive winter tires...

I may gamble anyway and report back if Barry doesn't....

jmos77
12-16-09, 08:45 PM
I just mounted 4 255 40 19 Pirelli Sootozeros on teh stock rims and have not had a single issue with the Stabilitrack. I have not done any super aggressive driving but I did getr into it a few times and no real issues. I originally had a staggered setup I wanted to put on from my M3 but the rears were too big in that they were 295 30 19 and I now have learned that they would have needed to be 295 35 19 to fit. Lesson learned. Either way the Pirelli is a great tire and although you can feel the smaller tire in the rear teh car still handles great considering I am driving on cold CT roads.

nsaness
12-16-09, 09:45 PM
I just put on the Sottozeros in the stock sizes. The ride is far rougher due to a higher load rating and a resultant stiffer sidewall. A small sacrifice for a daily driver's safety in the snow. I thought twice about installing a narrower tire for better snow traction, but I decided to stay stock widths. I will post feedback on my choice. All I know is that I had a 1999 Camaro with Blizzaks for my winter car for three years and the tires made all of the difference. I went anywhere in any weather, and I had a 125 hp nitrous kit for the warm winter days. I hope the V handles as well in the snow with my new tires....

IRONDOG
12-24-09, 03:30 PM

That is a great looking wheel! What do they charge for the process on wheels you provide?

Prof
12-24-09, 03:46 PM
My numbers are two years old now...and a friend dropped the wheels off...so I only paid for shipping to Illinois...

Ended up at about $800 for four wheels and shipping.

Here are a couple of more pictures...I am very happy with the wheels, the company was very helpful!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g50/rfouts/1SRT%2010/Picture023.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g50/rfouts/1SRT%2010/Picture024.jpg

cbloveday
12-24-09, 06:54 PM
I would change out the center caps

Prof
12-24-09, 07:01 PM
I did! I have Viper Fang heads now...we must be related!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g50/rfouts/1SRT%2010/Picture036-1.jpg

cbloveday
12-24-09, 07:50 PM
I did! I have Viper Fang heads now...we must be related!
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g50/rfouts/1SRT%2010/Picture036-1.jpg

Yes I agree.:thumbsup:

mpouls1
12-24-09, 10:50 PM
Those viper rims look sweet :thumbsup:. I was thinking about putting some of those on my BB CSRT8 but then I got the V.

I was in Madison at UW Hospital visiting my brother almost all week (we think he is going to be OK). Went home last night from Madison to Rockford (Wednesday) around 6pm, the time of the rain/ice/sleet storm, not that I wanted to. Have OEM size sotto 240's as some of you may know. Traffic on 39 South was moving around 35-45mph. Total trip saw 7 cars in the ditch, 6 traveling in my direction. A semi trailer was hanging off an oncoming bridge and the cab had fallen down to the bottom. There was not much snow, but a lot of sleet and ice. Was quite a tense driving experience. Got a little squirly a few times but never really had any trouble breaking. These tires are awesome in snow. Ice and sleet are a different story but then again I would think that would go for any type of tire. The only thing I believe that kept me from going in the ditch was 1) I'm not dumb like some of these idiots, 2) had a little luck on my side, and 3) the Sotto's, and no, I am not a sponsor.

I really had no choice as I had to get back that night. A big thank you goes out to Pirelli.

dg144
12-24-09, 11:08 PM
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt308/dg144/_DSC3609.jpg

OZ Racing Ultraleggera HLT 19x9 all around with stock size sottozero 240's have been great our recent ice storm, I am very happy with look and performance so far

dvandentop
12-25-09, 01:34 AM
david how much you have into the oz wheels?

cbloveday
12-25-09, 09:42 AM
Have you checked the air pressure lately? Maybe it is just the angle. They look a little low but love the rims!

mpouls1
12-25-09, 11:58 AM
I would love to see a profile of those OZ's. Have always loved the look of those since GranTurismo ;)

dg144
12-25-09, 07:39 PM
Have you checked the air pressure lately? Maybe it is just the angle. They look a little low but love the rims!

angle, 32 psi

dg144
12-25-09, 07:42 PM
david how much you have into the oz wheels?

about 1600 for wheels alone,

IRONDOG
12-27-09, 10:29 AM

Hey, Barry do you have any pictures of that wheel and tire combination that you can share with us? Thanks.

poonamt93
12-28-09, 02:12 AM
Go to North American Motoring, and ask Mini Owners there, you'll get more exact answers based on experience with Mini's.

CoOlSlY
01-04-10, 01:24 PM
I need help!!! We have mad winters here in Quebec (IMO) and my dealer just received my V... I have on order for now about a month the ASA wheels at Tirerack but just received a 3rd e-mail saying they are now back ordered until mid to end of february. I would like cheap wheels (~200-250$/wheels), any suggestions? (the ASA were 200$/wheel)

CoOlSlY
01-04-10, 01:31 PM
or ... if you know a shop in your area that has the ASA GT1, I would have them ship to my US address! Thanx in advance

Tedboss1
01-05-10, 09:10 AM
CoCISIY you may want to check out 1010tires.com

They show Enkie and Falken 19 inch wheels for around $200CDN.

http://www.1010tires.com/wheelsearch.asp?submit=yes

CoOlSlY
01-05-10, 10:39 AM
CoCISIY you may want to check out 1010tires.com

They show Enkie and Falken 19 inch wheels for around $200CDN.

http://www.1010tires.com/wheelsearch.asp?submit=yes

Unfortunatly, 1010tires can't guarantee it would work... They said "It work on paper but we don't know if the would clear the huge V brakes" so, basically, they don't know.

Btw, I tried to answer your pm yesterday but your box is full!

Tedboss1
01-05-10, 10:48 AM
My In box is now empty.

CoOlSlY
01-05-10, 08:18 PM
What would be the way to know what offset, backspacing and 8.5, 9.5 or whatever wheels would fit the V? Like offset between 35 and 42 with a backspacing of 6.1 to 9 and a 19"x8.5 between 19"x9.5. I may need to put the winter tires on the stock wheels for this winter since nobody seems to know wich wheels would fit for sure :|

zevee
01-05-10, 10:16 PM
I called them the guy was sure none of their wheels will fit.

Prof
03-16-10, 08:43 PM
Took my Sotto's off today. Put the oem back on...

I may have jinxed everyone...sorry.

Will probably snow this weekend...

Just could not take the V to Lingenfelter with snow tires on it...just did not seem right some how...:2thumbs::2thumbs:

neuronbob
03-16-10, 09:02 PM
I'm waiting another week or so before the spring changeover. Once the fresh PS2s are on, I plan to head on over to the dyno for some cool temperature runs. :thumbsup:

cbloveday
03-16-10, 11:08 PM
Took my Sotto's off today. Put the oem back on...

I may have jinxed everyone...sorry.

Will probably snow this weekend...

Just could not take the V to Lingenfelter with snow tires on it...just did not seem right some how...:2thumbs::2thumbs:

Roy , the important thing is to get to LPE and back home in one piece!

I am dying to put the PS2s back on as well, but I will wait til the end of this month at a minimum.

Prof
03-17-10, 06:30 PM
Roger that!

Roy

SleepTight
04-23-10, 01:04 PM
I'm banging this thread again because I am 99% set on a new 2010 CTS-V but also need some winter driving capability. Did we ever resolve if there was another good Winter set up apart from Sottozeros in the OEM tire sizes?

CoOlSlY
04-23-10, 03:21 PM
I'm banging this thread again because I am 99% set on a new 2010 CTS-V but also need some winter driving capability. Did we ever resolve if there was another good Winter set up apart from Sottozeros in the OEM tire sizes?

255/40-19 all around and it works great for a few here. I ran this setup for 3 days without any issues. Sottozeros or LM-60 or Nokian. The wheels, some of us went with the ASA 19'' at ~200$ each.

SleepTight
04-23-10, 05:23 PM
255/40-19 all around and it works great for a few here. I ran this setup for 3 days without any issues. Sottozeros or LM-60 or Nokian. The wheels, some of us went with the ASA 19'' at ~200$ each.

No no issues with Stabilitrack by going to smaller tires?

CoOlSlY
04-23-10, 06:33 PM
No no issues with Stabilitrack by going to smaller tires?

I can't remember his name but somebody last year had some nightmares with running smaller size but this year, several went with the smaller size without any issues.