: How bad are Insurance Rates on a V?

PGA2B
09-21-09, 12:21 AM
Just wanting to know how bad are the V's on Insurance. Edmonds.com is showing and average of $3039 per year? That is $253.25 a month.

Florian
09-21-09, 12:34 AM
wow....I pay less than 1200 year

F

PGA2B
09-21-09, 01:23 AM
wow....I pay less than 1200 year

F

I guess no tickets or accidents and excellent credit?

dhemrick
09-21-09, 01:47 AM
That seems REALLY high, but I guess it depends on where you live. I think NC rates are pretty low compared to places like California and the northeast.

We pay about that to insure 5 vehicles: 3 newer models with full coverage, and 2 old ones with liability only. Our driving record has a speeding ticket and a minor fender bender with a dumpster on it.

That said, $3039 for ONE car seems really high.

meekna
09-21-09, 07:57 AM
try online insurers, Progressive, Century21, Esurance --- 560 a year for me.

Indyblue98
09-21-09, 11:11 AM
$1850 yearly for the V listed as the daily driver ,also have a Convert Vette but listed as occasional use only runs about $950 year, and the Wife has a GTP Grand Prix Supercharge $800 year. 1 improper turn ticket and 1 at fault accident.:tisk:

Florian
09-21-09, 11:38 AM
I guess no tickets or accidents and excellent credit?

the only way to fly.

F

freshchops
09-22-09, 01:52 AM
I'm paying right about $1200 yr. for an '06 STS-V. I'm a 31 / Male, Covered through AllState and I can really vouch for AllState. I've just lost an STS, total loss accident. They compensated me beyond the max KKB value..... hassle free. The "V" was only a couple hundred more a year when replacing the '05 STS... but I think that was mostly due in part because it's a more recent model. They didn't specify whether it was a V-series or not, aside from getting their own specs via the VIN number.

[edit] thought I'd add, that the "v" is listed as a daily driver for me but as a low mileage vehicle (less than 10k year average) as a "work from home" scenario.

CMNTMXR57
09-22-09, 02:55 AM
There are soo many factors in figuring insurance, that it's hard to get an apples to apples answer. I'm sure I'll pay a little more than the GXP I drive now, but one also has to factor in that I have 2 other cars insured, a house insured, and other policies (jewelry and stuff), as well as being married, 37, and two kids. So...

Accidents and tickets aren't the doom and gloom they once used to be. As long as you don't cause big payouts for the insurance company if you're "at fault", most accidents are rarely even questioned. I know the two I had a couple years back were never factored in. Tickets? Most municipalities offer "supervision" options where if you plead guilty but pay for a drivers safety course, you get a free pass if you don't get another ticket in 6 months to a year. I, on average, get a ticket a year for speeding, yet none of them have ever been reported because I simply do the supervision thing.

jedhead
09-22-09, 05:39 AM
I pay $560 for six months full coverage 100/50/100 in Southern California 2006 STS-V. I am divorce and 51. No tickets or accidents.

Bob

freshchops
09-22-09, 05:55 AM
There are soo many factors in figuring insurance, that it's hard to get an apples to apples answer. I'm sure I'll pay a little more than the GXP I drive now, but one also has to factor in that I have 2 other cars insured, a house insured, and other policies (jewelry and stuff), as well as being married, 37, and two kids. So...

Accidents and tickets aren't the doom and gloom they once used to be. As long as you don't cause big payouts for the insurance company if you're "at fault", most accidents are rarely even questioned. I know the two I had a couple years back were never factored in. Tickets? Most municipalities offer "supervision" options where if you plead guilty but pay for a drivers safety course, you get a free pass if you don't get another ticket in 6 months to a year. I, on average, get a ticket a year for speeding, yet none of them have ever been reported because I simply do the supervision thing.

^^^ Lots of good points.

CIWS
09-22-09, 08:10 AM
Just wanting to know how bad are the V's on Insurance. Edmonds.com is showing and average of $3039 per year? That is $253.25 a month.

Fook Edmonds, call your insurance company and ask them what they'll charge you. As mentioned above rates will vary depending upon location and personal factors. But the Edmonds number seems high.

md04srx
09-22-09, 09:56 AM
As previously stated before, there are many factors involved. I pay 2800 a year for the V due to many factors: 1) I am 27 2) I had an at fault accident two years ago in my GTO [with no one else involved] with a large payout 3) I live in a "high accident risk" area 4) I commute a lot of miles to work as this is my daily driver.

Other factors that I would have assumed would have helped me out were: 1) Married with 2 kids 2) My first and only accident 3) Multiple vehicles on policy 4) Home insurance through them. But, they didn't help.

All in all we are paying a hefty sum for our car insurance right now with the gecko. After my accident has cleared we are going to be seriously shopping around.

silverws6ta
09-22-09, 12:03 PM
My folks and I both have Allstate (Let the rock throwing commence); clean driving records and insured under 'Allstate Casualty and Fire' which they say they don't even underwrite to anymore. SC is not one of the cheaper states for insurance typically. For 7vehicles we pay right at $1900.00 every six months. All but 1 have collision. We also have all of our homes insured with them so I'm sure that helps somewhat.

We threatened to leave several months back before we bought the Escalades - they had it down to around $1200/ six months before both of those were tacked on. I think rougly my STS-V is around $350 every six months out of the breakdown. Its about 60 bucks more than moms STS.