: Rainsense wipers "off"

09BlackV
09-21-09, 12:07 AM
How can you turn these auto wipers off?

MSJ
09-21-09, 12:09 AM
i believe all you need to do is pull the wiper stalk all the way down to the initial setting. one click up is the auto sense.

ewill3rd
09-21-09, 09:10 AM
To turn the wipers off you move the switch to the "off" position... :lol:

Sorry, had to.

If you mean, how do you disengage rain sense when the wipers are on and you just want it on a delay, you don't.
You can adjust the sensitivity by turning the knob on the lever to decrease or increase it.
Otherwise, that's just how it works.

09BlackV
09-21-09, 09:52 AM
thanks for the sarcasm, how do you disengage rain sense ?

Kadonny
09-21-09, 09:55 AM
thanks for the sarcasm, how do you disengage rain sense ?

You can't, Will already stated that. All you can do is turn them off, adjust the sensitivity or turn them all the way on. Those are your only options.

ewill3rd
09-21-09, 09:45 PM
Sorry, I should have put the serious stuff first, the jokes later.
Wasn't trying to be mean, just having a little fun.

Didn't mean to offend.
I hope it is clear now.

tedcmiller
09-21-09, 11:34 PM
Why anyone would want to turn off the rain sense capability of the wipers is beyond me. That is one of the finest additions to features that this car has to offer. My wife's 2008 DTS has that feature and I wanted on my car, too. I would not turn it off, even it was possible.

Looney100
09-21-09, 11:42 PM
Why anyone would want to turn off the rain sense capability of the wipers is beyond me. That is one of the finest additions to features that this car has to offer. My wife's 2008 DTS has that feature and I wanted on my car, too. I would not turn it off, even it was possible.

You wouldn't want the wipers turning on if you were going through an automatic car wash.... Bye bye wiper blade....

tedcmiller
09-21-09, 11:46 PM
As indicated by ewill3rd you can turn off the wipers totally by moving the wiper lever to the bottom "off" position. Then there is no problem in a car wash. Once you move the wiper lever up from the bottom position, rain sensing becomes active. Read the posts.