: Looking for more power

v10brat
09-20-09, 02:10 AM
Hi guys I am new here and have an 09 auto CTSV with 3500 miles on it .I purchased the car used and it seems that the previous owner had the Hennessy intake on it already . The car dynoed at 468RWHP . I have since added the AR long tube headers , x pipe with high flo cats and a blower pulley upgrade .THe car also got new plugs (colder ) plug wires ,thermostat and a Front mount Heat exchanger upgrade .The car is running through the stock mufflers
The car on the same dyno with a conservative tune now makes 10.8 psi in boost with a 12psi spike and is putting out 530 RWHP .I am a little dissapointed in the final number and am looking for more HP . I would like the car to make in the 625 to 640 range and I am wondering if that is possiblewith bolt ons and maybe a cam .
I understand there are a few crank pulleys on the market and I would be open to reversing back to a stock blower pulley and going with the largest crank pulley instead . What are the highest boost numbers you guys are seeing without Methanol injection and still maintaining blower effiency with say the 9.5 or 10.5 crank pulleys ? I am also curious if my goals can be met with the stock fuel system . I am open to an agressive cam and maybe even headwork .
I would like to reach 625 to 640 with a safe Fat tune and then spray a 50 or 75 shot on top .
Thanks in advance for the help
William

SlvrBullIT
09-20-09, 04:48 AM
Search for Luna, 600+ to the ground. 9in crank pully, AR headers xpipe 3" exhaust, CAI... I believe pics of dyno and video too

v10brat
09-20-09, 08:48 AM
Thanks Slvr I will check it out . I am hoping a few of tuners might chime in too .

SlvrBullIT
09-20-09, 09:44 AM
Here is Luna's post 615 RWHP (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/176135-mods-installed-then-dyno-run.html#post1958583)

wait4me
09-20-09, 09:46 AM
Where are you located?

With the upper pulley alone and NO OTHER MODS on a STOCK tune you should be past 530 horsepower.

What heat exchanger are you using?

We have TONS of high quality parts for your car.

Cams, lower pulleys, heads, fuel system parts ect... We can do any custom stuff as well..

If you are close to us, We install/tune things here for very very competitive prices...

v10brat
09-20-09, 12:22 PM
Wait for me I am running a heat exchanger that came from you guys .I am in Texas . I really havn't heard of too many cars making 530 WHP with blower pulley alone but I could be wrong . I am interested in your crank pulley what options do you have and what kind of boost do you get from the 9.5 and 10.5 rings ? I am seeing a max boost of 10.8 psi with my blower pulley .
GIve me some ideas or options I am down for whatever except methanol injection .
William

SlvrBullIT
09-20-09, 08:18 PM
Where in Texas? New Braunfels myself.

nradcad
09-20-09, 10:04 PM
in Houston area. V10brat - where are you? I'd love to see your car.

v10brat
09-20-09, 11:51 PM
Hi there I am off Westhiemer and the Beltway in Houston .

SlvrBullIT
09-21-09, 01:17 AM
Whole lot of V owners in Houston and Dallas......

Dr. Design
09-21-09, 04:05 PM
Hello,
We have a great SFI crank pulley available and built specifically for the 09 CTS-V. This will give you another 3psi on a stock V. I don't know what the output would be with a modified upper. But it would certainly be more than enough boost to get to your goals.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/09CTSV_Pulley_Intro_001.jpg

As for the heads/cam/rockers, give us a call and we can discuss some of your options. Your goals of 620-640WHP shouldn't be too hard to reach. We have transporter services available across the US.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

nynd
09-21-09, 04:57 PM
Man - I can't see how you keep all that power to the ground. The car is so impressive (and I'm stock) and just can't imagine how all that stays planted.