: Just a shot in the dark

Skiller.
09-19-09, 10:20 PM
Ever since I had my aftermarket head unit installed in my car, I noticed that there isn't power to it every time I start my car. What I do is, turn the car to the on position to see if the radio powers up before I start the car, so I don't have to turn the car off and turn it back on for the radio to work. Sometimes I have to turn the car to the on position, then off, and back to on to get the radio to turn on before I start it. I really doubt that the radio wasn't installed properly since it was done by a very reputable company and I did use the GMRC-03 Retention harness to maintain door chimes, etc. If anybody has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated!

SPreston2001
09-20-09, 04:30 PM
I'd take it back to the company that did the install and have them look over everything. Its the least you could do.

still_walkin
09-22-09, 12:10 AM
Do you have any amps or anything like that. Sounds like the indash radio is still on when the car is off try to turn on the radio when the key is out the car

Skiller.
09-22-09, 11:49 PM
Nope, no amps..I have all the stock equipment in the car (Non Bose) except for the HU I put in because the factory HU was a cassette...What do you mean by indash radio?

Edit: Just tried to power up the radio without the key..doesn't power up, but I am able to hit the display button and see the clock. I'm beginning to think it's something with the ignition switch in the car because the radio powers up every time I turn the key towards me and put it in the accessory position.

Skiller.
09-23-09, 10:13 PM
I'm just going to take it in and let them deal with it.

Dev-ille
09-29-09, 10:28 AM
I'm just going to take it in and let them deal with it.

If you already paid them for the install, then I would take it back to them as well. May be a funky GMRC-03 that's not supplying accy power when it should be. Did you get the part from them, or bring your own?