: Oxytane?

LeoC2
07-29-04, 10:36 AM
Anyone ever hear of Oxytane? A slesman sent me a sample of this stuff, it's a fuel additive of some sort, no info on the internet that I can find.

mcowden
07-29-04, 10:52 AM
Never heard of it, never seen it, can't find any information about it. If the salesman doesn't disgorge a pretty convincing pitch about what it does and why it's great, and the bottle doesn't have any detailed technical info about why you should use it, I'd say get rid of it. Or put it in your enemy's car. If there's good info about what it does and how it works, please post it here. Somehow I doubt it's worth the trouble.

Ranger
07-29-04, 06:38 PM
The optimum word here is SALESMAN. I suspect it would be cheaper to burn premium than to put snake oil in your tank.

LeoC2
07-29-04, 06:44 PM
That's why I was asking if anyone ever heard of it. Now get this sales pitch... he claims it is not an octane booster but a formula that eliminates static electricity in the fuel lines thus rearranging the fuel molecules allowing them to burn more efficiently. Luckily this conversation took place on the phone because the look I had on my face was that of pure amusement.

Now when I asked him why some of the bottles had a blue liquid and others were reddish his reply was that his wife's favorite color was purple but he got the colors wrong when he mixed it up in the blender! I lost it at that point! I'm still laughing three hours later.

Ranger
07-29-04, 08:12 PM
That sounds an awful lot like the "fuel line magnet" that does something with molecules and gives 20% better fuel milage and a HP boost to boot. If you want a laugh it can be found in the Harbor Freight catalogue.
Then there is the Tornado.......

dkozloski
07-31-04, 01:47 AM
Most of these gas saving gadgets are recycled about every 10 years or so. Some are approaching 75 to 100 yrs now. The platinum gas saver is a good example. How about the miracle carburetor bought out by the oil companies. The pinwheel in the intake under the carb fools the rubes. The magnets on the gas line mentioned before has been around since Barney Oldfield. Who can resist the light show from the ignition energizers and spark gaps. How about the Teflon oil additives that are ground up scrap plastic and reclaimed crankcase drainings. A fool and his money are soon parted.

Mitch3
10-08-04, 01:04 PM
Never heard of Oxytane but that got me thinking of all the great claims made by different oil companies. They all seem to have some secret ingredient to keep us and our cars happy. Now to a serious question. Is any brand gasoline better or worse than others? I've been using Premium HESS for years without a problem. Ironically I started using HESS because my mechanic told me it had additives that kept the engine clean. I read several posts here which recommend SHELL V. Can't find any Shell stations in this area so I just filled up with SUNOCO 93 Octane and I think my old Eldorado is running a lot better. Probably my imagination running wild. Any input on this one.

caddygirlny
10-08-04, 01:22 PM
i live by lucas fuel injection cleaner...its the only kind that is actually helpful rather than all the other marketing scams. i add it on an almost empty gas tank after every oil change.
on another note the lucas no slip tranny fluid is great also.

bbozsik
10-09-04, 03:03 PM
Is Oxytane like Pootytang? :lildevil:

Dale Pulde
09-11-09, 05:00 PM
I was looking up Oxytane on Google when I ran across this site. I have and still use Oxytane. I have many different cars from stock to performance. I too am very sceptical about additives. I was told just put it in and see if you notice anything. I ran it in a Harley I had on the dyno. It picked up 2 HP. I tried it in my 98 Eldorado prior to a Calif smog check. Comparing to the last 2 checks it had gotten way better on emissions. We put it in a Performance Camaro we have. If we move it in and out of the shop alot and dont drive it. It never gets to warm up or get out of the cold start mode and will start to fould plugs. Since Oxytane it has never done that. I sentsome to my girlfriends son. he put it in his 96 Explorer with 250k miles on it. after 50 miles he said it had power like it had when new and really smoothed ot the idle. We also have a S10 pick up with a LT1 corvette drive train. It is time for a tune up or even more. Starts hard and idles rough,like bad wires or somthing. I put Oxytane in it and drove it for the day. It ran perfect. I ran out that tank. 2 fill ups later it ran bad again. Added the oxytane and smoothed out. Oxytane is not a cure all but it does make a difference. If it was given to you. It would not hurt to try it. Just my take on it. Dale Pulde

Krashed989
09-11-09, 06:38 PM
No offense Dale, but you sound like a salesman. Without proof, your words are just words.

If something was given to me to put into my tank, I would want to know its chemical composition first. That way at least I know what it will ruin.
Everything comes at a cost; You may gain fuel economy, but end up having the additive eat away your fuel pump or something.

Submariner409
09-11-09, 09:29 PM
Lessee.......fillup with 93 at....$2.89 per, add a bottle of snake oil at......$8.99 per.........Expensive gas fillup for little or no gain. Somewhere between $5.99 and $8.99 a shot for snake oil adds 25% to the cost of a tank of gas. And you just know that those NASCAR drivers are running the stuff in their cars, right ??

Anyone notice that Marvel Mystery Oil (dyed and scented SAE 5 mineral oil) is now $29.99 a gallon ?? Ol' P.T. Barnum was (and is still) correct........

charlougas
09-13-09, 09:39 PM
I was lucky to use Oxytane during the height of the Gas crisis when gas was over 4.50 a gallon in New York after the gas prices skyrocketed. I was using it at a very dilute mixture and still saw an improvement in gas mileage. It was not even in the new bottles yet. Im using it in every gas application I can think of but works best in old hot rods and big engine carb cars. My new LS2 really wakes up with this additive. I was told this is not a octane booster but has the ability to reduce static charges in the fuel and allows the electrons off the sparkplug to move thru the combustion chamber. The biggest problem I found is when you dont use it. The car performance goes right back to its usually sluggish self unless you use high test. My feelings are that it makes regular gas into high test or better. there is info on this at oxytanecom watch the videos on static in heavy crude oil sparking.

zonie77
09-13-09, 10:41 PM
I find it interesting that Dale Pulde and charlougas each have just 1 post, and scant info in their profiles.

Ranger
09-13-09, 10:45 PM
And both have high accolades for this snake oil, and Dale revived a 5 year old post.

Submariner409
09-14-09, 07:57 AM
When you see quotes like "reduces static charges in the fuel " and "allows electrons off the spark plug.............." you're squarely in the realm of the Pitchman on the Midway at The Ringling Brothers & Barnum & Bailey circus.

P.T. Barnum had a well-known quote for those so gullible.

Take it from an old fart who's been there, troops. Stuff like this has been around since the 20's, it surfaces every generation or so, and TANSTAAFL. (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.) If all this stuff is so wonderful and represents radical breakthroughs, how come the label always says "Contains petroleum distillates" - as in: choke cleaner solvent.

charlougas
09-14-09, 09:32 AM
sub 409

who cares what you think , the label does not say contains petroleum \\you know there are some technologies which are not snake oil but your too against the possibilities to even check into them.

I remember everyone saying synthetic oil sucked, except for one thing, the US Airforce was using synthetics in every Military Jet Turbine plane that flew since the 50s and synthic oil lubricated the bearings on ther Lunar Rover. Every major Nascar engine uses synthetics.

So shove your snake oil up you butt. I can afford any additive on the market but until something better comes along I will stick with oxytane at the moment.

Submariner409
09-14-09, 11:01 AM
......................and I use synthetics and so does our engine shop. The point is........???

Krashed989
09-15-09, 04:03 AM
He's just mad because his sales pitch was floundered.

94CaddyConcours
09-16-09, 09:23 PM
And both have high accolades for this snake oil, and Dale revived a 5 year old post.

And both join in Sep 09.
Hmmmmm................................. Sound like 1 person with 2 screen names. I can be wrong but what the odd of some happen to join the same month and have a testimony for the same product. Remind me of a story of this guy in another forum I'm on, read and entertain yourself:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w116-s-se-sel-sd-class/1287615-right-hand-drive-280se.html

Submariner409
09-17-09, 09:34 AM
The kicker is that me, Dkoz, Ranger, and a LOT of CF members have been around long enough and have spent a TON of money on hype, hope, and speculation. And we eventually learned that it is just that: hype. One reason you'll sometimes see me launch a critical snit or side remark when someone rolls out the latest oil or fuel breakthrough. Some entrepreneur, operating out of a garage with an old Gilbert Chemistry Set, cannot hope to duplicate the lab research of, say Shell or BP. Big Oil is Big Oil, and they're not "hiding" anything: They're in business to make money, and if they came up with a miracle gasoline drug, we'd all be the first to know. It's $$$$, kids, and we supply them, and the snake oil salesmen know that. Just like an Internet scam - throw out enough fish hooks, someone bites.

The best way to insure long engine life, top performance, and maximum power in your car is to keep it clean, lubricated and maintained according to accepted practices. All the Wynn's Friction Proofing in the world won't make up for sloppy maintenance. Read voraciously and pick up little tuning tricks and performance mods that actually accomplish something, however small. Unfortunately for us, there's precious little to be done to a FWD Northstar package, but it's all in CF somewhere. People are working on the drivetrain upgrades, but there's very little light at the end of the tunnel so far.

Submariner409
09-17-09, 10:53 AM
..............too late to edit previous post.

Do yourselves a favor and Google "oxytane". Read their first two or three sites to get an idea of the slant and the buzzwords. Then go to the sites that talk of a sales launch in Africa (?). You'll find that Oxytane is the rage of the United States trucking, commercial, and automotive industries, saving millions of dollars annually ! Cool - Beating the Nigerians at their own scam tactics !

I'm truly impressed that the positive static charges in my flowing gasoline can now be bled off by a "liquid ground wire". Another scam takes a somewhat similar approach, installing a ferrite magnet on a fuel line in order to align the fuel molecules and electrons for better performance.

Neat calibrated dispenser, though - same as many fuel stabilizers, lead substitutes, and diesel algae additive dispensers.

I'm still trying to sell that pesky bridge to Brooklyn, too.............next thing you know, the widget that breaks down water into hydrogen and oxygen and pumps it into your intake manifold will surface again...............

Dale Pulde
09-30-09, 02:15 AM
I think its rather funny a person is judged on here over a post he makes after looking up a product. I did not try to sell ANYTHING! Did I endorse the product? You bet! I guess it would have made a bigger splash if I said it was crap. I also see it makes a big deal about my profile. GOOGLE my name. It will tell you more and than a profile.
So someone please tell ME. If it tells you whats in it,Would that make you understand it? Or maybe you just do not understand why or how it would work so thats why you put it down. The movie Tommy boy comes to mind, its not written on the box!I have been told many times that something would not work. Ya know what? It would not work the way they had it but it worked fine with the components I put it on.. AND the other way around. I dont have all the answers but I do look for solutions and better ideas. if we all discounted any new Ideas we would all belong in the big 3 losing our ass from not looking ahead. Do any of you REALLY think that small about of Oxytane is going to kill your engine? If so you dont belong behind the wheel.
I just tried to share. Enjoy I am gone DP

Krashed989
09-30-09, 03:11 AM
Hmmmm.... It sounds to me like that name is part of the sales pitch. It might not even be your name at all; after all, you can go into any forum and register whatever the hell you want as your name as long as it's not taken already.

I'm not trying to piss you off. For all I know, you could actually be who you say you are and Oxytane may be the best thing since pootytang. However; this is the internet: A place where anything can be said, no faces are shown, and bullshit flies everywhere. Like I said before, words are just words here without any proof, and your words just sound a lot like a sales pitch.

94CaddyConcours
10-01-09, 03:58 AM
Hey how about we use oxytane and aquatune together. Hmmmm..... for $600+ you get 25% more mpg and 30% more power. Try it and don't worry it got 30 days money back if you follow the disclaimer. http://www.aquatune.com/aquatuneplus.html
But really if you were to buy and it doesn't work would you call back for refund or feel stupid and embarrass to call. Bottom line is: if it was true it would of came with it from factory.
Caveat emptor

Edit: Read on popular mechanic, see for yourself
http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/1802932.html

Submariner409
10-01-09, 09:25 AM
94caddyConcours, People like you should be banned from the Internet. How can a decent, honest scammer do any business at all when you go snooping around for articles and tests which show their products to be phony ?

94CaddyConcours
10-02-09, 12:49 AM
94caddyConcours, People like you should be banned from the Internet. How can a decent, honest scammer do any business at all when you go snooping around for articles and tests which show their products to be phony ?

Thanks for the compliment. They should pay pay me to keep my mouth shut.
But with the aquatune "your engine become 33% gas, 33% steam and 33% hydrogen. I swear I could fabricate one with the hose I find from Home Depot. Judging from the picture who know how long those hoses will last. Look like either it will melt when they forget to refill the water or shrink. Maybe it even boil in there, I can see why they got the steam engine theory from.:histeric::histeric::histeric:

ibm4mad
10-04-09, 11:14 PM
I wonder what the guys at the Oil Change place would think when they popped your hood and saw Doc Brown's lab attached to the top of your engine.

Krashed989
10-05-09, 05:15 AM
I wonder what the guys at the Oil Change place would think when they popped your hood and saw Doc Brown's lab attached to the top of your engine.

This is what most would think "$$$$$$ CHA-CHING!!! $$$$$"...... "Well sir, we found that 2 of your 3 transmissions needed to be replaced. You'll have to schedule another appointment for that; It's no biggie, they just help with gas mileage... Also we went ahead and filled up your headlight fluid, it was getting low....Gullible bastard"

:rolleyes: :alchi: