: 1994 Cadillac deVille Radio Replacement

tchalz
09-16-09, 01:25 PM
Hello everyone,

My first post on this forum.... I currently have a 1994 Cadillac deVille Concours. I love the car to death but have a few things I'm in the midst of replacing. (Suspension, oxygen sensor, blower motors)...

These I can handle but I'm really lost as to where to start on replacing my car's radio. By this I mean I don't want any new speaker, subs and so on I just want to replace the current unit (which now chews up cd's) and put some new system in.

I'd really like some advice on where to start with this as I have no idea what I'm doing. All I know is it would be nice if it played mp3 cd's, and was the proper size (I think that means dual unit or something)

Anyways any advice would be very much appreciated.

SPreston2001
09-16-09, 01:48 PM
Well it all depends on if you have a Bose system. I know my 94 Deville didnt have the Bose system and my install was a breeze. I dont think the older Bose systems are too difficult but the wire harness has alot more wires. All you need is a wiring harness and a double din cd/mp3 player. Pioneer makes some really nice double din headunits and they are rock solid. Pretty much all newer headunits play mp3 format so you should be fine there. Start by shopping for your double din headunit and a wire harness. The stock headunit is only held in by 2 screws and the wood trim molding around the headunit simply pops off. I wish my 2000 was as easy as your 94!

tchalz
09-16-09, 02:41 PM
How do I tell if it's a Bose system? I believe I've seen that name before (perhaps printed on the front of the current radio system?)

Here's an image of the current system.
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9033/img00076200909161356.th.jpg (http://img195.imageshack.us/i/img00076200909161356.jpg/)

tchalz
09-16-09, 03:13 PM
Alright based on what I've found looking around (and from that image) it's a "Cadillac Bose Gold Car Stereo".

EDGODBER
07-17-12, 03:09 AM
S preston2001

i also have a 94 de ville with the delco system. It is making so much internal noise i am buying a after market in dash . Can you give me any info on where to find a wiring harness? Thanks

edgodber