: more torque please, lol

1998catera151
09-16-09, 03:53 AM
I just bought a 98 catera about a week ago and am wanting to add more torque!!! my wifes 04 sentra 1.8 will smoke my catera off the line( I quickly catch up) but this is insane lol. I am interested in any and all power adders but mainly torque adders, thanks guys. by the way I did try searching first but after reading about 100 posts lol I gave up and put up my own post

1998catera151
09-16-09, 09:32 AM
am I out of luck?? lol How well do they respond to freeing up the exhaust and a k&n filter?

WGoins88
09-16-09, 09:52 AM
Did you check all your vacuum lines to the Multiram? I would check those out.... you should easily dust a 1.8 Sentra. I've found that some people complain of sluggishness, and then find a cracked vacuum hose/line going to the Multiram or intake tuning valve.

I would check all of them and rev up the engine and see if the actuators are moving. I had a friend with a '97 like mine and he was complaining about the lack of power, and sure enough....cracked hose connection at the tee in the front.

Also, are you using premium gas?

EDIT - Also remember...these cars aren't speed demons. In stock form you will only manage about a 8-8.5 0-60. Remember that the 200hp engine is pulling nearly 3800lbs.

CateraMV6
09-16-09, 03:09 PM
I have a different theory... replace your stock heavy tires/wheels with something forged and light weight and you wont beleive how much better the car will feel.

I have about 5 sets of wheels and just by switching from one to the enxt I can feel the car get faster and slower depending on the weight...

10lbs rotating mass translates into 100lbs of body mass so if you free up a little bit of weight from that area, your drivetrain will take advantage of that and allow the engine to do its job better.

I have a buddy with a 2000 Caddy... mine has exhaust, and light weight wheels/tires his is exhaust intake and basically stock...
I always get a car to a car and a half on him... and the cars are practically identical...

Matera97
09-16-09, 09:54 PM
Yeah, so when are you going to sell some of these sets of wheels MV6?

CateraMV6
09-16-09, 10:59 PM
Yeah, so when are you going to sell some of these sets of wheels MV6?

I dont know which ones do you want...

1 set of OEM Sport Wheels < Gonna sell soon once I repaint them.
1 set of OEM Sport Wheels w/ 245/45/17 Tires < I could sell these.
1 set of ASA Revolutoin w/ 245/45/17 Snow Tires < These are my winter ones
1 set of MODA R1 w/ 245/45/17 Summer Performance Tires < These are for sale
1 set of 18" OPEL Wheels OME w/ 245/40/18 Tires as well... < These I would sell only if I get rid of the car.

Man I have a lot of tires/wheels.... :duck:

R-Caddy
09-21-09, 06:19 PM
Cut the cats out. Or at least replace them with the high-flow ones