: Old Advertisement Finds!

DopeStar 156
07-29-04, 01:20 AM
I stumbled across some old National Geographics in my friend's garage and found an Ad for a '74 Eldorado, a '73 Sedan DeVille, and a '73 Fleetwood Brougham. All are mint still in the mags except for the Fleetwood which was torn, but I managed to tape it almost seamlessly. Are these worth anything, or just real nice finds to frame and hang on my wall? They're really cool looking. I also found other cars such as an Olds' 98 Regency, and a Buick Centry coupe which is funny because it's priced brand new for $3,500!!! Inflation sucks man. Among others there's a Ford Thunderbird, and I think a few Nissans or Hondas I don't really remember. I did take the mags so they're mine now.

Imprl59
07-29-04, 11:37 AM
That $3500 in '74 dollars is about 14k in 2003 dollars. So its not just inflation that sucks :-)

Unless the magazie ads are really rare they aren't worth much on the open market. So many people have cut them out of magazines to sell on e-bay that they have flooded the market. I don't see stuff from the 50's going for much over $10 anymore.

Steve B.

CoupeDevilleRob
07-29-04, 04:51 PM
I would hang them on the wall. That's what I did with mine. I got ads for a 72 Fleetwood, 69 Eldo and 68 Coupe Deville hanging on my walls. Got them all from old National Georgraphics.

DopeStar 156
07-30-04, 01:06 AM
I want an ad for my 89 but I just can't find any. National Geographics are full of cool ads! I love this one ad for a color TV that says it's top of the line and it looks like something in my grandma's basement.

Msilva954
07-30-04, 10:16 PM
I want an ad for my 89 but I just can't find any. National Geographics are full of cool ads! I love this one ad for a color TV that says it's top of the line and it looks like something in my grandma's basement.

I know what your sayin.....my grandfather has a GE TV from like 80' that was "Top of the line" and its still in the living room...although I consider it "Top of the Crap pile" at most.

There were ads when GE actually made Vacuums and Tv's